• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Nerf Chiblockers!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TehPandaKing

Verified Member
Chiblockers are extremely op!!
They can go between warriorstance and acrobatstance with no penalty or cooldown! To be honest, warriorstance should be removed! One rapidpunch in warriorstance does 6 full HEARTS!! Also, when in the show is a chiblocker seen to be faster and jump higher than an airbender? That makes no sense!
Now, the combo is also EXTREMELY OP. You can do the combo in 1/2 a second, but it paralyzes for 10 seconds. That is a guaranteed kill. So you can do combos like paralyze > chicombo > ANYTHING (even basic punches) and you are guaranteed a kill... that makes no sense at all!
Also, i suggest chiblockers require an item to shoot smokescreens. It makes no sense that they are able to spawn them out of thin air, to blind you for up to 15 seconds!

whew
-rant over-
-c-

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
They can go between warriorstance and acrobatstance with no penalty or cooldown! To be honest, warriorstance should be removed! One rapidpunch in warriorstance does 6 full HEARTS!! Also, when in the show is a chiblocker seen to be faster and jump higher than an airbender? That makes no sense!
Now, the combo is also EXTREMELY OP. You can do the combo in 1/2 a second, but it paralyzes for 10 seconds. That is a guaranteed kill. So you can do combos like paralyze > chicombo > ANYTHING (even basic punches) and you are guaranteed a kill... that makes no sense at all!
Also, i suggest chiblockers require an item to shoot smokescreens. It makes no sense that they are able to spawn them out of thin air, to blind you for up to 15 seconds!

whew
-rant over-
-c-
I do agree that the 10 second immobilization is way too long, but everything else is just a matter of keeps the offensive high. Chi blockers are very vulnerable if you break their rhythm. Try Firewall and Charged Fireblast a lot as fire. Water Manip spam and WCs are good for water. Air has enough evasion to keep their distance. Earth is pretty weak to chi blockers though, I must admit.

XxKingKamiKazexX

Verified Member
Not to mention ALL you need to use chi blocking is the basic knowledge of how each move works and mediocre PVP skills...
BUT, I do have to say that there ARE INDEED time where chi blockers AND simply fit humans (As proven by Jet chasing after Aang) can prove themselves to be of equal agility and speed of Airbenders.
(0:40 and more). I think both acrobat and warrior stance should have a time limit of 20 seconds, and a cooldown of 5(configurable). This also means that if you switch it off prematurely (or switch from one stance to the other) the previous one's time limit will continue to go, disabling you from switching right back to it anytime and having to wait until the remainder of the time limit AND cooldown is done. Oh, and also get rid of warriorstance's resistance, they are human like benders they shouldn't be tougher in any way :I

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
BUT, I do have to say that there ARE INDEED time where chi blockers AND simply fit humans (As proven by Jet chasing after Aang) can prove themselves to be of equal agility and speed of Airbenders.
(0:40 and more). I think both acrobat and warrior stance should have a time limit of 20 seconds, and a cooldown of 5(configurable). This also means that if you switch it off prematurely (or switch from one stance to the other) the previous one's time limit will continue to go, disabling you from switching right back to it anytime and having to wait until the remainder of the time limit AND cooldown is done. Oh, and also get rid of warriorstance's resistance, they are human like benders they shouldn't be tougher in any way :I
WarriorStance uses a corrupted resistance effect, which increases damage taken.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I do agree that the 10 second immobilization is way too long, but everything else is just a matter of keeps the offensive high. Chi blockers are very vulnerable if you break their rhythm. Try Firewall and Charged Fireblast a lot as fire. Water Manip spam and WCs are good for water. Air has enough evasion to keep their distance. Earth is pretty weak to chi blockers though, I must admit.
And they say earth has the most work done ;-; can't even beat chiblockers. They are supposed to be evenly matched, yet chiblockers usually win against earthbenders.

moo3oo3oo3

Verified Member

whew
-rant over-
-c-
I strongly disagree. If you feel as if paralyze and immobilize is too OP, then reduce the paralisis duuration or disable it. If you want to keep your self from dying, you should use knockback moves to keep them at bay (torrent wave, firespin, airblast, ect.) and long range moves (torrent, fireblast, earthsmash, airswipe, ect.) to kill them.

Last edited:

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member

whew
-rant over-
-c-
I'm quite sure this guy was killed by a chi blocker with mcMMO unarmed.

Janny

Verified Member
I can't even express how much I disagree with this suggestion.
Dude I know you and I know you always pick air. You know how easily an airbender can defeat a chiblocker? Airblast into the air and then land with AirBurst, get as high as possible with your airspout, spam AirSwipe at the chiblocker and or just go fly towards a body of water.

Hero

Verified Member
If someone says that chiblockers are OP, then they dont know how to fight. Chiblockers cant reach people on spouts and they dont have any PK ranged moves. Just keep us away and you are fine. -_-

Loony

Verified Member

Or you could just lower the stats of chi moves in config. No need for a nerfing when you can just adjust the config.
''Oh hey server owner, mind giving me yo client login for filezilla so I can nerf chi?''
yeah shureee

You can only nerf it if you're talking about your own server.
If it's a server you play on, it's down to the owner to nerf it.
What if they're super lazy and just leave it how it is?

I think the entire config defaults needs to be changed so that things do less damage and that it's balanced.
There's too many lazy server owners that don't edit anything.

Janny

Verified Member
''Oh hey server owner, mind giving me yo client login for filezilla so I can nerf chi?''
yeah shureee

You can only nerf it if you're talking about your own server.
If it's a server you play on, it's down to the owner to nerf it.
What if they're super lazy and just leave it how it is?

I think the entire config defaults needs to be changed so that things do less damage and that it's balanced.
There's too many lazy server owners that don't edit anything.
Its not that server owners are lazy, its just that owners don't really care much about Chiblockers and don't think its OP so they just leave it. In fact, there are some server owners that add custom moves especially for chiblockers because they think chiblockers aren't OP enough.

Loony

Verified Member
Its not that server owners are lazy, its just that owners don't really care much about Chiblockers and don't think its OP so they just leave it. In fact, there are some server owners that add custom moves especially for chiblockers because they think chiblockers aren't OP enough.
It's often because server owner's are lazy.
I mean, why would a server owner not listen to all their members screaming at them that something is OP?

I'm a pretty good bender, and even I think how chi comes in the default config is OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.