• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Fireshield! And how to make it not a complete waste of the bending gods' time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

paliate

Verified Member
I'll give you a few reasons.
- It's easy to go over it (Airblast, Firejet, Catapult) and each of those moves are extremely fast, by the time you went to move the shield up they'd already be behind you attacking.
-Waterbenders can use sources behind the shield and attack you that way, doesn't provide much shield at all.
-You cannot attack while using surge.
-WallofFire actually goes a few blocks infront of where you click so you are easily able to get them in range for it.
-Lightning is so spazztastic it goes around and sometimes through anything.

I find that waterbenders use it as a speed boost or to freeze other benders.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I find that waterbenders use it as a speed boost or to freeze other benders.
You can also use the water/ice wall for safe landing and with the combination of waterspout ,you can fly around with no need of water on ground

If someone uses firejet to behind my back ,i quickly deactive my shield ,turn around, and i reuse it again (if i have waterbottles tho)

paliate

Verified Member
Well honestly i only use shield to knock people off, it has no pvp use whatsoever to me.

edit; in the time it takes you to turn around and redo it i'll have already hit you 3 times.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Well honestly i only use shield to knock people off, it has no pvp use whatsoever to me.

edit; in the time it takes you to turn around and redo it i'll have already hit you 3 times.
Just release shift ,turn around ,shift again..thats it!

paliate

Verified Member
I'm talking about airshield, Lemme give you a fo'instance.
Friend comes to the tower im ontop of, so i airshield and they get knocked off.

Loony

Verified Member
I like this idea. Fire shield is only good for the combo's, people rarely use it any other time.

I have one problem with your post.
"And it is near to impossible to predict themove the opponent is going to use"
Maybe for you sir, but do not speak for the bending gods. (;

Tenket

Verified Member
Seems like fire shield is on the low end, kindof like all of the shields really.
Airshield is easily broken through.
Fireshield is a joke.
Surge isn't even used as a shield by most benders.

I feel like defense as far as shields go is lacking.
The ice version of surge shield isn't so bad. Blocks most thaaaangs

Janny

Verified Member
Seems like fire shield is on the low end, kindof like all of the shields really.
Airshield is easily broken through.
Fireshield is a joke.
Surge isn't even used as a shield by most benders.

I feel like defense as far as shields go is lacking.
Exactly! The lack of defensive moves is "too damn high"! Like you said, Fireshield is a joke and most firebenders don't even bind it unless they use the firecombo jetblast. Not only is it Fireshield getting the major breakdown, its also many of the other defensive abilities. Earth is an exception though. Earth has decent defense but the rest of the elements aren't close to being as defensive ability-wise as Earth.

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
It would go through! I never said it wouldn't. I said it would go through and shorten the damage. Even though earth can be extremely resilient to fire, it would at least do a bit of damage to the rock.
Why the hell would fireshield affect shockwave? It is literally the ground heaving in a wave at your feet. Your silly little firebending isn't gonna stop that, or even reduce the damage. If you're bending something in the air, which is what fireshield is, moving rock is still going to be un-effected by that, go underneath, and just keep on moving.

Last edited:

Loony

Verified Member
Why the hell would fireshield affect shockwave? It is literally the ground heaving in a wave at your feet. Your silly little firebending isn't gonna stop that, or even reduce the damage.
The flames could be that hot that they burn the Earth and seperate it into tiny crumbs of earth, meaning less damage.
I'm not 100% on the sciece behind it but I don't think it's too far fetched for it to do less damage

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
The flames could be that hot that they burn the Earth and seperate it into tiny crumbs of earth, meaning less damage.
I'm not 100% on the sciece behind it but I don't think it's too far fetched for it to do less damage
I'm going to assume this is sarcasm, lol, but you can never tell on the internet. Or these forums, for that matter.

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
It isn't sarcasm, cheeky.
At the right tempature, rocks will melt.
Just from fire produced by firebending? .-.
Doubtful.
The only time we see firebenders doing anything close to superheating rock was during Sozin's comet, when Aang was in that earth thingy, right? And then even if it was possible, you'd be getting hit with flecks of lava, so even more damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.