• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Water Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Also, if staff wants to deny this, then please leave the thread open, so we can still discuss about water arms :p

owlcool

Verified Member
Waterarms, how good of a move this would be, pros vs cons.
Pros: Everyone wants waterarms, it would look really cool, and it would open up many new possibilities for waterbenders, and not require anything to be added to water for balancing for a long while.
Cons: Possibly overpowered,(Could be balanced or get the other elements to be balanced with waterarms), Could take a while to code.
It seems the pros outweigh the cons, if you actually want to add something to pros or cons feel free to post below.

6tijn

Verified Member
This is next to impossible, it would take a lot of location advancement to even get the arm location and I don't think it's been done before.
Torrent, Octopusform, waterwave, surge, etc. is able to locate the player, the player is always the exact middle point of the stream or is the rotation point of the shield. Water arms should be no different.

owlcool

Verified Member
Torrent, Octopusform, waterwave, surge, etc. is able to locate the player, the player is always the exact middle point of the stream or is the rotation point of the shield. Water arms should be no different.
And water arms have been done before, xD, btw you are now my new favorite forums member(Don't expect to last).

6tijn

Verified Member
And water arms have been done before, xD, btw you are now my new favorite forums member(Don't expect to last).
whut o-o thanks... I think :3

This is one of my old suggestion ideas about waterarms, maybe you could get something out of it :3

Just some examples who used it and when(there are probably more though)

-Katara: Book 2 And book 3, many many many times.
-Kya: In her fight scene with Zaheer she uses it against Zaheer, to grab him.
-Tarlak(Korra's father) He uses it in Laghima's peak
-Ming-hua, DUH
-Amon's brother (forgot his name)
-Amon's brother's Crew: When they attack that Chi hide out with Amon's Brother and Korra, when they were about to enter the basement, they wrapped streams of water around their bodies and hads
-Korra, against Chi, agianst Unalaq, Etc. (many more examples)
-Unalaq: Against Korra
-Unalaq'q army: When they invaded the South and those kids threw snowballs at those soldiers, they did the same as Amon's Brother's Crew,
-Southern waterbenders: They did the same as Unalaq'q soldiers, when they wanted to protect the kids. Before they could battle Korra interrupted.
-Need more?

I only noted the most common, it is used more common. Of some I didn't write some examples because they just do it a lot
Also, people seem to asume way too fast that water arms is to be used as Ming-Hue used them! There don't necessarily need to be 2 arms.In some of these examples of poeple who used it, many used it only for one arm and extend it to, for example, grab someone (or slap like katara di to Pakku c;). Also, poeple don't asume water arms will be OP s fuck ._. As all moves it would have configurable demage, and it would be limitted. What some people say is that it is impossible to code because waterarms can be used for:
-climbing
-attack
-blades
-drills
-hooks
-and more

If you pay attention at the series you would note that almost All moves in the plugin Also had Way more possibilities in the series... If waterarms was to get added, it would/could easily just have reduced possibilities to 2 or 3, instead of 10. Example of how the water arms could could work:

Waterarms: click source and set up etc.

left click: attack with arm
tap shift: Jump a little bit higher by using your arms
hold shift: something else maybe (optional)

Poeple may also say that this makes water OP in terms of land bending. It wouldn't because, because water arms should only last for a small period of time.

example: When you set up WaterArms you can walk around with them as much as you can, but you can only perform 5+- moves, after you did those you will run out of water and your arms will disappear. Great examples of this are Ming-Hua and Korra's Father

When they used their water arms a lot, they lost a little bit of water in everything they did, resulting in leaving them without sources.

Ming-Hua: When she used her arms in the cave were Korra was held, and she fought Mako, she ran out of water because she lost a little bit of water everytime she blocked his attacks

Korra's Father: When he and korra fought Zaheer at Laghima's peak, he also had his water arms with him, but when he was in a combat with Zaheer, he ran out of water because he lost a bit every time he attacked Zaheer and missed.

I'd say that performing 5 or 3 moves maybe should work well. it would be configurable.

Also for those who are saying it would look afwull because it is blocky: It's minecraft... everything is blocky. Look at earthbender, or have you see icewave? Blockyness is part of Minecraft. -no offense btw c:

Back to this: It don't have to be 2 arms! 1 would also work fine, the thing is, once there was a suggested named "waterhook", which was basically waterarms but with one arm. This thread got looking into, so yeah. Don't be biased please :3 there a lot things that could make this very very well balanced and fair.

that was it, lel.

owlcool

Verified Member
whut o-o thanks... I think :3

This is one of my old suggestion ideas about waterarms, maybe you could get something out of it :3

Just some examples who used it and when(there are probably more though)

-Katara: Book 2 And book 3, many many many times.
-Kya: In her fight scene with Zaheer she uses it against Zaheer, to grab him.
-(Korra's father) He uses it in Laghima's peak
-Ming-hua, DUH
-Amon's Brother, Tarlok.
-Amon's brother's Crew: When they attack that Chi hide out with Amon's Brother and Korra, when they were about to enter the basement, they wrapped streams of water around their bodies and hads
-Korra, against Chi, agianst Unalaq, Etc. (many more examples)
-Unalaq: Against Korra
-Unalaq'q army: When they invaded the South and those kids threw snowballs at those soldiers, they did the same as Amon's Brother's Crew,
-Southern waterbenders: They did the same as Unalaq'q soldiers, when they wanted to protect the kids. Before they could battle Korra interrupted.
-Need more?

I only noted the most common, it is used more common. Of some I didn't write some examples because they just do it a lot
Also, people seem to assume way too fast that water arms is to be used as Ming-Hue used them! There don't necessarily need to be 2 arms.In some of these examples of poeple who used it, many used it only for one arm and extend it to, for example, grab someone (or slap like katara di to Pakku c;). Also, poeple don't asume water arms will be OP s fuck ._. As all moves it would have configurable damage, and it would be limited. What some people say is that it is impossible to code because waterarms can be used for:
-climbing
-attack
-blades
-drills
-hooks
-and more

If you pay attention at the series you would note that almost All moves in the plugin Also had Way more possibilities in the series... If waterarms was to get added, it would/could easily just have reduced possibilities to 2 or 3, instead of 10. Example of how the water arms could could work:

Waterarms: click source and set up etc.

left click: attack with arm
tap shift: Jump a little bit higher by using your arms
hold shift: something else maybe (optional)

Poeple may also say that this makes water OP in terms of land bending. It wouldn't because, because water arms should only last for a small period of time.

example: When you set up WaterArms you can walk around with them as much as you can, but you can only perform 5+- moves, after you did those you will run out of water and your arms will disappear. Great examples of this are Ming-Hua and Korra's Father

When they used their water arms a lot, they lost a little bit of water in everything they did, resulting in leaving them without sources.

Ming-Hua: When she used her arms in the cave were Korra was held, and she fought Mako, she ran out of water because she lost a little bit of water everytime she blocked his attacks

Korra's Father: When he and korra fought Zaheer at Laghima's peak, he also had his water arms with him, but when he was in a combat with Zaheer, he ran out of water because he lost a bit every time he attacked Zaheer and missed.

I'd say that performing 5 or 3 moves maybe should work well. it would be configurable.

Also for those who are saying it would look afwull because it is blocky: It's minecraft... everything is blocky. Look at earthbender, or have you see icewave? Blockyness is part of Minecraft. -no offense btw c:

Back to this: It don't have to be 2 arms! 1 would also work fine, the thing is, once there was a suggested named "waterhook", which was basically waterarms but with one arm. This thread got looking into, so yeah. Don't be biased please :3 there a lot things that could make this very very well balanced and fair.

that was it, lel.
First of all, it has to be two arms. Second of all, if you were to look at blaze's version of waterarms is almost complete, if not just proof that waterarms is somewhat possible. Waterbending, Is never, Going to have drills. Anyways, this would implement a particle based version of waterarms, which would trigger other bending moves to do different things inside a waterarms mode. At that extent, the possibilities are endless for waterarms. Also, I took it onto myself to fix some typos in your original post.

SenpaiBlaze

Verified Member
To all of the people who says its impossible. Its not. I'm doing it, and not for my own amusement but rather for you guys. I will probably stop working on projectkorra since there is no real use

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
To all of the people who says its impossible. Its not. I'm doing it, and not for my own amusement but rather for you guys. I will probably stop working on projectkorra since there is no real use
Making people happy and having fun is no use?

owlcool

Verified Member
Gashunk with meditate + metalthrow, fireball was a disaster, servers gave me negative feedback with iceshards, no one uses windrun or speedburst. Electrocute is too "op"
Windrun and speedburst, Are those outdated or no? Electrocute, Well chi blocking is generally considered cheap and overpowered so that isn't a surprise. Adding speedburst to that sense. Metalthrow, The only thing that changed was metalclips being made, and that was kinda a prick move by devs if they didn't have your permission, I have simply never used meditate so I can't say anything with that, irrational noobs mainly were the people complaining about fireball, and iceshards was glitchy for a time, although I haven't actually used it, it sounds like a good move. Windrun was just something I never saw on servers, and I think it outdated. It also depends on the server you play on, some servers have moves like windrun and speedburst and there are a ton of people using the moves.

SenpaiBlaze

Verified Member
Windrun and speedburst, Are those outdated or no? Electrocute, Well chi blocking is generally considered cheap and overpowered so that isn't a surprise. Adding speedburst to that sense. Metalthrow, The only thing that changed was metalclips being made, and that was kinda a prick move by devs if they didn't have your permission, I have simply never used meditate so I can't say anything with that, irrational noobs mainly were the people complaining about fireball, and iceshards was glitchy for a time, although I haven't actually used it, it sounds like a good move. Windrun was just something I never saw on servers, and I think it outdated. It also depends on the server you play on, some servers have moves like windrun and speedburst and there are a ton of people using the moves.
Multiple people ripped off metalthrow, not just the devs. And thanks for the support

jedk1

Multiple people ripped off metalthrow, not just the devs. And thanks for the support
I mean this with no offence, but some of us wanted a non buggy/glitchy version. At the time when I made my version for instance, I didn't like any of the versions out there as none of them did what I wanted. Sure they throw metal (which is one of the core aspects of metal bending imo so you cant really claim the whole of metal bending in one move) but I wanted one which allows me to throw my armor at someone and have it equip on them etc. As something owlcool helped me prove. "People are never happy with what is there".
*ponders about uploading magnetize*

SenpaiBlaze

Verified Member
I mean this with no offence, but some of us wanted a non buggy/glitchy version. At the time when I made my version for instance, I didn't like any of the versions out there as none of them did what I wanted. Sure they throw metal (which is one of the core aspects of metal bending imo so you cant really claim the whole of metal bending in one move) but I wanted one which allows me to throw my armor at someone and have it equip on them etc. As something owlcool helped me prove. "People are never happy with what is there".
*ponders about uploading magnetize*
Reasons i am going to quit projectkorra 101 ^

Coolade

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
i was trying to type earlier when winodws hotkeys decided to activate. Anyways,

To all the staff that says it is impossible. Your lazy. Ban me for that, or whatever, you guys are just lazy. You deny all of the good and cool moves you are lazy to make. I understand that you guys are not activate atm, but you guys are still lazy. Waterarms IS possible, @Carbogen and I worked on one. The reason i didnt release it was because a glitchy animation that we never decided to finish.

Sincerely, Blaze <3
I'm lazy? I just don't want to produce a underdeveloped garbage product and throw into the add-on section just to get downloads and praise. Sure I could make a crappy particle based WaterArms ability in a three or so hours, but would it be worth it? Before trying to call the rest of us developers out as lazy, lets see your awesome version of WaterArms, you've been working on it for months now.

It's not difficult to puke out abilities by the dozens (Source), but if you want a quality version of WaterArms then it is going to take a while to develop.

Imagine you were a Waterbender and you had WaterArms fully extended out in front of you. And now you turn your body to the left, how should the water flow? Would it just stay as a straight line and move together, almost as if it was a giant stick of water extending from your body? No that would look horrible, and that isn't how water flows in the show.
If you think about water physics, the particles closest to your body would start moving first and then the particles at the end of the arms would start moving with a delay, but they would move at a faster rate to keep up with the players movement.

Katara using Water Arms

Notice the fluidity! If you want to do water arms right, you have to account for the fluid delay between the distance that each particle is from the player, the turning velocity, and the movement velocity from the player. That is just a small part of the animation that you would have to deal with, and it requires a solid foundation of physics.

So since you feel the need to put me on blast, I'm curious as to how you would account for all of this. Please share your wisdom.

SenpaiBlaze

Verified Member
I'm lazy? I just don't want to produce a underdeveloped garbage product and throw into the add-on section just to get downloads and praise. Sure I could make a crappy particle based WaterArms ability in a three or so hours, but would it be worth it? Before trying to call the rest of us developers out as lazy, lets see your awesome version of WaterArms, you've been working on it for months now.

It's not difficult to puke out abilities by the dozens (Source), but if you want a quality version of WaterArms then it is going to take a while to develop.

Imagine you were a Waterbender and you had WaterArms fully extended out in front of you. And now you turn your body to the left, how should the water flow? Would it just stay as a straight line and move together, almost as if it was a giant stick of water extending from your body? No that would look horrible, and that isn't how water flows in the show.
If you think about water physics, the particles closest to your body would start moving first and then the particles at the end of the arms would start moving with a delay, but they would move at a faster rate to keep up with the players movement.
Notice the fluidity! If you want to do water arms right, you have to account for the fluid delay between the distance that each particle is from the player, the turning velocity, and the movement velocity from the player. That is just a small part of the animation that you would have to deal with, and it requires a solid foundation of physics.

So since you feel the need to put me on blast, I'm curious as to how you would account for all of this. Please share your wisdom.
I never once called you lazy. Simply denying the fact and using it as impossible is an excuse. I have not been working on it for months, by the way. For less than a week. And it just blocks filling the air around your arm. It is a simple solution to projectkorras waterarms issue. I am not even sure if i will be able to finish it. Ban me or whatever, but it being impossible is an excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.