• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Water Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.

owlcool

Verified Member
Element: Water
Move Name: WaterArms

Yes, I already know that waterarms has been suggested and denied many times. This may be the first suggestion to last, so please stay with me here.

Okay, so I have been looking at the waterarms suggestions, and I have been thinking of ways to get all the uses of waterarms, and get the best way to view waterarms as possible.

View: WaterArms should be made out of particles, it is simply the best way for the arms to extend and retract in aesthetics.

What is different from all the other water arms threads:
Basically this will have a trigger slot, Called WaterArms. If you left click on a water source and then tap shift, the water source will come towards you and make waterarms. This could be limited by, Making a time limit(configurable) for waterarms or limiting the uses that water arms could perform(configurable).
Now then, time for the good stuff. Once the water arms construct has been made and the completion of it has been performed, which takes 5(configurable) seconds, waterbending will open itself to entirely new possibilities. The slot for waterarms will stay, and left clicking on it will make you punch people(basically octopus form equivalent), a new form of waterbending will emerge, do /b d waterarms for more details.
/b h waterarms
Icespike: this would be changed to have ice particles come out of the water arm and would be operated by left click.
Watermanipulation: this would be changed to when you shift on Waterbending moves for water to come into the arms and make the waterarms last longer. When you click with it you can block small bending moves.
Surge: This would basically be water arms swiping someone, pushing them back. That is left click for shift click you grab them, and then throw them against blocks, doing 2 hearts damage. To move up a surface, simply hold shift and you will start pulling yourself up with waterarms. If you shift click on the ground with this, you launch yourself in the air, and don't take fall damage on the way down, kinda like how chiblocking's high jump should be.
Torrent: this uses up one of the waterarms,(shouldn't just one disappear?) and launches a torrent like projectile when charged for 3 seconds with shift and then left click. You basically twirl around and push everyone back if you just release shift, like the release of torrent, but with less range.
Octopusform: When shifting you take the defensive version of surge wall and use that, only as a last resort because it uses up the rest of the waterarms. If you click with it gives them slowness by freezing a small part of their body.
More Moves: We could use more variations on moves for waterarms, why not post them down below.

Anyways, to disable waterarms mode on yourself simply shift click on the waterarms slot. You should also be able to perform this from bottles, but it would take 6 seconds holding shift on the waterarms slot.

This is by no means complete, as it doesn't cover all the uses of waterarms, could use two more moves being made into this.

Debuffs: Limited amount of uses of waterarms, Limited amount of time for waterarms, increased hunger rate while using waterarms, less range for waterarms compared to waterbending's elemental bind set.

Last edited:

Matt

Verified Member
This is next to impossible, it would take a lot of location advancement to even get the arm location and I don't think it's been done before.

owlcool

Verified Member
This is next to impossible, it would take a lot of location advancement to even get the arm location and I don't think it's been done before.
@Blaze590 has done something very similar with plain actual water instead of easy(seems to be obvious, but might not be the case?) particles. This could also have moves made for only waterarms and hook into /b p.

SenpaiBlaze

Verified Member
@Blaze590 has done something very similar with plain actual water instead of easy(seems to be obvious, but might not be the case?) particles. This could also have moves made for only waterarms and hook into /b p.
i was trying to type earlier when winodws hotkeys decided to activate. Anyways,

To all the staff that says it is impossible. Your lazy. Ban me for that, or whatever, you guys are just lazy. You deny all of the good and cool moves you are lazy to make. I understand that you guys are not activate atm, but you guys are still lazy. Waterarms IS possible, @Carbogen and I worked on one. The reason i didnt release it was because a glitchy animation that we never decided to finish.

Sincerely, Blaze <3

owlcool

Verified Member
i was trying to type earlier when winodws hotkeys decided to activate. Anyways,

To all the staff that says it is impossible. Your lazy. Ban me for that, or whatever, you guys are just lazy. You deny all of the good and cool moves you are lazy to make. I understand that you guys are not activate atm, but you guys are still lazy. Waterarms IS possible, @Carbogen and I worked on one. The reason i didnt release it was because a glitchy animation that we never decided to finish.

Sincerely, Blaze <3
*You're
Also it might not be a bad idea to post the incomplete move on the forums, if not for everyone to see that waterarms is possible to an extent or/and for any other coders to see it and improve/complete it.

Last edited:

SenpaiBlaze

Verified Member

*You're
Also it might not be a bad idea to post the incomplete move on the forums, if not for everyone to see that waterarms is possible to an extent or/and for any other coders to see it and improve/complete it.
I was a noob pack then. I accidentally set a requirement for it so you need icewhip to be bound instead of waterarms. Hopefully i fixed that incase i decide to finish that after im done working on my server

jedk1

*You're
90% of the coders ive talked to dont want to make water arms purely based on it would make a bad move.

SenpaiBlaze

Verified Member
90% of the coders ive talked to dont want to make water arms purely based on it would make a bad move.
I might finished it after im done working on my server. Help from anyone would be appreciated. but only carbogen would help. (With the animation)

owlcool

Verified Member
Element: Water
Move Name: WaterArms

Yes, I already know that waterarms has been suggested and denied many times. This may be the first suggestion to last, so please stay with me here.

Okay, so I have been looking at the waterarms suggestions, and I have been thinking of ways to get all the uses of waterarms, and get the best way to view waterarms as possible.

View: WaterArms should be made out of particles, it is simply the best way for the arms to extend and retract in aesthetics.

What is different from all the other water arms threads:
Basically this will have a trigger slot, Called WaterArms. If you left click on a water source and then tap shift, the water source will come towards you and make waterarms. This could be limited by, Making a time limit(configurable) for waterarms or limiting the uses that water arms could perform(configurable).
Now then, time for the good stuff. Once the water arms construct has been made and the completion of it has been performed, which takes 5(configurable) seconds, waterbending will open itself to entirely new possibilities. The slot for waterarms will stay, and left clicking on it will make you punch people(basically octopus form equivalent), a new form of waterbending will emerge, do /b d waterarms for more details.
/b h waterarms
Icespike: this would be changed to have ice particles come out of the water arm and would be operated by left click.
Watermanipulation: this would be changed to when you shift on Waterbending moves for water to come into the arms and make the waterarms last longer. When you click with it you can block small bending moves.
Surge: This would basically be water arms swiping someone, pushing them back. That is left click for shift click you grab them, and then throw them against blocks, doing 2 hearts damage. To move up a surface, simply hold shift and you will start pulling yourself up with waterarms. If you shift click on the ground with this, you launch yourself in the air, and don't take fall damage on the way down, kinda like how chiblocking's high jump should be.
Torrent: this uses up one of the waterarms,(shouldn't just one disappear?) and launches a torrent like projectile when charged for 3 seconds with shift and then left click. You basically twirl around and push everyone back if you just release shift, like the release of torrent, but with less range.
Octopusform: When shifting you take the defensive version of surge wall and use that, only as a last resort because it uses up the rest of the waterarms. If you click with it gives them slowness by freezing a small part of their body.
More Moves: We could use more variations on moves for waterarms, why not post them down below.

Anyways, to disable waterarms mode on yourself simply shift click on the waterarms slot. You should also be able to perform this from bottles, but it would take 6 seconds holding shift on the waterarms slot.

This is by no means complete, as it doesn't cover all the uses of waterarms, could use two more moves being made into this.

I realize this is overpowered, so it should also take more hunger, like swift swim.
Yes, because that paints the picture in your mind of a bad move, obviously.

owlcool

Verified Member
So how many coders have you talked to? I mean, your statistics are a little off if you haven't talked to precisely 18 coders saying that they don't want to make water arms purely based on it would make a bad move.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
@Blaze590 Please, just release the "unfinished" one already. You could update it later! The community would be really happy I think ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.