• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Waterbending Rework

Status
Not open for further replies.

owlcool

Verified Member
1. Swifter change of moves, such as a waterbender should be able to use waterwave by switching slots from a octopusform that came from a actual source, and that after a torrent comes within 5 blocks of you that is yours while you are pulling it towards you it should be able to become a octopusform, or while a torrent is coming back to you when it is within a certain amount of blocks have it pulled back into a torrent rotation if you are still holding shift on torrent, have it pulled into a water bottle if you have one.

2. Watermanipulation needs to be reworked. First off, only one to two watermanipulation at a time, if you double torrents make a combo involving watermanipulation. It should do more damage, and if you shift at the exact moment that it hits an entity then it should freeze the victims head(./hat iceblock basically), and slow them down for 5 seconds, after which it shatters, but this does less damage. If you make any more watermanipulations then two in the air then the first one you made will basically dry up. And finally you should be able to select two sources at once for watermanipulation, but no more, and it will have half the range.

3. Octopusform, the evil of it's uselessness. Basically octopusform should stay for 5 seconds after you release shift to upgrade the speed of it, or just give the player something like a aspect of speed while using octopusform. Also, maybe torrent should be combined with octopusform.

4. The Evil Of Water Campers. First and foremost, you should be unable to do anything other then surge shield while waterspouting. Why? So that waterbenders aren't torrenting from 50 blocks high, that's why!!! Also, waterbenders shouldn't be able to stop themselves from falling once their waterspout has been broken, they will have had to touch a block that is not a earthbending or waterbending projectile, blocks being anything and everything solid or liquid. We know that this is how it should be because after Korra was falling from her waterspout, she needed Lin Beifong to go grab her to keep her from falling to her death. Swift swim should have a certain amount of time it can be used, and then a cooldown. We don't needs to have waterbenders swim across oceans without stopping, Korra was only shown to swift swim across a lake and she even used waterspout for part of it.

5. Iceblast should do more damage, and be less spammy. It could have another use too, so why don't you smart fellows in the comments say what canonical bending move iceblast should have added onto it.

6. Waterwave needs a longer cooldown, waterbending isn't the element of mobility after all, in fights of waterbender vs waterbender the waterbender can be observed to stand still after using powerful bending moves, and firebenders feel like they are getting their glory stolen when waterbenders are able to effectively "waterjet" in more then one way, such as with surge, and with this move.

7. Since waterwave exists, if you hit yourself with surge then it should go through you. This may actually be a helpful addition, such as not accidentally surging yourself into a desert.

8. Torrent shouldn't repetitively knock players back, it should be quicker once it has striked a player and do less knockback, so evasive benders like firebenders and airbenders aren't sitting ducks for a good amount of time. This can be helpful by making it possible to do the full damage of surge without having to hold shift for that much time.

Last edited:

Chickenemerald

Verified Member
4. The Evil Of Water Campers. First and foremost, you should be unable to do anything other then surge shield while waterspouting. Why? So that waterbenders aren't torrenting from 50 blocks high, that's why!!! Also, waterbenders shouldn't be able to stop themselves from falling once their waterspout has been broken, they will have had to touch a block that is not a earthbending or waterbending projectile, blocks being anything and everything solid or liquid. We know that this is how it should be because after Korra was falling from her waterspout, she needed Lin Beifong to go grab her to keep her from falling to her death.
I like how you said"the evil of water campers" xD

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
1. I agree they should add some fluidity to waterbending, pun intended
2. I think WaterManipulation
3. It should be slightly changed in a way to make it more fruitful in PvP
4. The issue of water campers only arises in an arena. In a free range server, water is fine

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
1. I agree they should add some fluidity to waterbending, pun intended
2. I think WaterManipulation
3. It should be slightly changed in a way to make it more fruitful in PvP
4. The issue of water campers only arises in an arena. In a free range server, water is fine
well, let's not forget most servers have arenas too. It still is a problem I think... (to me, I hate watercampers.)

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
you should only be able to use watermanipulation at the same rate as earthblast
You can change this in the configuration!
7. Since waterwave exists, if you hit yourself with surge then it should go through you. This may actually be a helpful addition, such as not accidentally surging yourself into a desert.
That'd be silly... Surge is a much better way to transport over long distances than waterwave, but also gives an aspect of not being able to stop and control it.. Surge just shoots you straight and if you mis-aim you will face the pain, but waterwave is a fluid travel

owlcool

Verified Member
You can change this in the configuration!

That'd be silly... Surge is a much better way to transport over long distances than waterwave, but also gives an aspect of not being able to stop and control it.. Surge just shoots you straight and if you mis-aim you will face the pain, but waterwave is a fluid travel
7. You are pvping against a chiblocker. You try to surge them while on land, and use a source from behind you. You accidentally hit both yourself and the chiblocker, and the chi blocker hits you multiple times and keeps you away from the water source you were using. R.I.P.
2. It isn't a matter of config, it is a matter of if it should be changed, if you weren't the type of person that would read this all the way through you would realize that it would eliminate the spam of watermanipulation and replace icespike with a better alternative. But you just took one look at something and decided it shouldn't be made because it could be made, apparently.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
7. You are pvping against a chiblocker. You try to surge them while on land, and use a source from behind you. You accidentally hit both yourself and the chiblocker, and the chi blocker hits you multiple times and keeps you away from the water source you were using. R.I.P.
2. It isn't a matter of config, it is a matter of if it should be changed, if you weren't the type of person that would read this all the way through you would realize that it would eliminate the spam of watermanipulation and replace icespike with a better alternative. But you just took one look at something and decided it shouldn't be made because it could be made, apparently.
7, that's your own issue... You made a mistake and you should have to deal with it.. :p
2. Watermanipulation has a cooldown, you basically said you wanted it to have the same cooldown as earthblast..

owlcool

Verified Member
7, that's your own issue... You made a mistake and you should have to deal with it.. :p
2. Watermanipulation has a cooldown, you basically said you wanted it to have the same cooldown as earthblast..
2. You can use two earthblasts at once, and you can use 4 watermanipulations at once. Sorry for trying to eliminate spam and implement strategy and skill in a way coherent to the show. I guess you are a sole Waterbending user. Besides, where in the show did a waterbender jump into water and shoot quadruple the amount of water as before? Yeah, that happens in the plugin but not in the show.
7. I remember a scene in which somebody like Katara had a wave brought from behind her over her head and then bringing it down in front of her and pushed it forward. If you don't want that then you don't like the tv show.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
2. You can use two earthblasts at once, and you can use 4 watermanipulations at once. Sorry for trying to eliminate spam and implement strategy and skill in a way coherent to the show. I guess you are a sole Waterbending user. Besides, where in the show did a waterbender jump into water and shoot quadruple the amount of water as before? Yeah, that happens in the plugin but not in the show.
7. I remember a scene in which somebody like Katara had a wave brought from behind her over her head and then bringing it down in front of her and pushed it forward. If you don't want that then you don't like the tv show.
2. You cannot shoot four of them together... They just merge then do the damage of one.. I've tested it many times.. And guess what, I don't bend water much at all anymore just air..
7. Just you just said she brought it "down in front of her" which paints the picture of it going OVER her head so she didn't push herself..

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
7. Press shift, it'll freeze the chi blocker, allowing you to escape! :)

owlcool

Verified Member
2. You cannot shoot four of them together... They just merge then do the damage of one.. I've tested it many times.. And guess what, I don't bend water much at all anymore just air..
7. Just you just said she brought it "down in front of her" which paints the picture of it going OVER her head so she didn't push herself..
7. Then how much sense does it make for a waterbender to push themselves without trying? And why would they add water wave if there is the better alternative of surge? Anyways, it would have pushed through you, as it had a upside down u shape over her head, and then flattened it all down into one wave, "bringing down" the water that was in the middle of the wave.
2. I somehow doubt that. If you are selecting different sources over and over again without shooting, but not when shooting watermanipulation under water.

Last edited:

owlcool

Verified Member
Well I edited numberer 2 to make it more cannon. You should be happy change hating waterbenders!!!!

HadesDude

Verified Member
Swift swim should have a certain amount of time it can be used, and then a cooldown. We don't needs to have waterbenders swim across oceans without stopping, Korra was only shown to swift swim across a lake and she even used waterspout for part of it.
Eska and Desna seemed to have no problem returning to the Southern Water Tribe after their sea-doos had been destroyed.

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
Eska and Desna seemed to have no problem returning to the Southern Water Tribe after their sea-doos had been destroyed.
So then ..... why did they need sea-doos in the first place ? Like I don't think that fastswim should have a cooldown but I still think that they should take normal hunger or maybe 50% less something along those lines.

HadesDude

Verified Member
And the point of the boats were?
Because boats are probably able to get away from a waterbender. It still doesn't change the fact that they had to use their waterbending to get back to the SWT. They're not going to have a ship pick them up after an attempt to murder the Avatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.