• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied ANGRY BENDERS!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

owlcool

Verified Member
Okay, a idea just came to me. If you are a bender, such as a firebender, earthbender, airbender, or waterbender, you would have consequences for typing in all caps in the chat, such as having a giant fireburst that also lights you on fire and having heatcontrol disabled, stuff like that for firebenders. Waterbenders would have giant waves of water, terraforming the landscape, breaking plants, making grass blocks into dirt blocks, that sort of thing. Airbenders should lose their airbending hunger passive, since it is pretty much there because of how calm airbenders are. Earthbenders are basically a mystery to this, feel free to post down below what should happen when Earth benders type in all caps in the chat.

Gold

Verified Member
I agree with Notch, but I think there should be something implemented in RPG with like a ruthless or calm way of bending. Maybe like if you kill villagers your more ruthless and your earthblasts are faster but slower manipulation?

owlcool

Verified Member
I agree with Notch, but I think there should be something implemented in RPG with like a ruthless or calm way of bending. Maybe like if you kill villagers your more ruthless and your earthblasts are faster but slower manipulation?
The idea isn't that you would be rewarded for using caps, it would be that you would be punished. Such as someone raging while pvping, if they are a firebender, they could suddenly use a fireburst that lights them on fire, and have heatcontrol disabled for a certain amount of time. This would directly correlate to your bending ability, as the more angry you are, the less you will focus and the more likely you will rage. The less you rage, the more likely you are calm, and a calm collected mind in a plugin such as this is the first and foremost thing you have to have to be a good bender. A waterbender destroying plants(Water sources) certainly isn't a good thing, now is it? A airbender losing the hunger passive would have a direct correlation on how long they can dodge by sprinting, now wouldn't it? From the start this plugin has been all about not doing certain tasks, and instead putting you in as a master bender, being able to lightning bend and the like.

Sorin

Verified Member
The idea isn't that you would be rewarded for using caps, it would be that you would be punished. Such as someone raging while pvping, if they are a firebender, they could suddenly use a fireburst that lights them on fire, and have heatcontrol disabled for a certain amount of time. This would directly correlate to your bending ability, as the more angry you are, the less you will focus and the more likely you will rage. The less you rage, the more likely you are calm, and a calm collected mind in a plugin such as this is the first and foremost thing you have to have to be a good bender. A waterbender destroying plants(Water sources) certainly isn't a good thing, now is it? A airbender losing the hunger passive would have a direct correlation on how long they can dodge by sprinting, now wouldn't it? From the start this plugin has been all about not doing certain tasks, and instead putting you in as a master bender, being able to lightning bend and the like.
People that use all caps on my server get warned and if they get 3 warnings they get tempbanned, Servers would lose ppl left and right....But the idea of a rage level would be pretty cool.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Would this have disabled feature(disabled by default)? Would the bender get notified as how there bending got out of control ,so that they won't be wtf?

HydroMan

Verified Member
Would this have disabled feature(disabled by default)? Would the bender get notified as how there bending got out of control ,so that they won't be wtf?
Also in the show ,only firebending and waterbending could get out of control by their intense emotions of the user in which they are feeling ,so by canoon it shouldn't applly to other bending elements

owlcool

Verified Member
Also in the show ,only firebending and waterbending could get out of control by their intense emotions of the user in which they are feeling ,so by canoon it shouldn't applly to other bending elements
Except, going completely against air bender culture should have some negative effects, namely it could easily remove the hunger passive that is only there, Because of the meditative culture.

owlcool

Verified Member
but he was in full control of it
Rephrase. But he was in full control of it. Translated to Bosnian,
Ali on je bio u punom kontrolu nad njim .
Translated back, But he was in full control of it. Translated to flipino, Subalit siya ay nasa ganap na kontrol ng mga ito .
Translated back, But he was in full control of it.
Translated to spanish, Pero él está en control total de la misma.
Translated back, But he is in total control of it.
Translated to Japanese, しかし、彼はそれを完全に制御している。
Translated back, However, he has complete control of it.
Translated to Korean, 그러나 그는 완벽하게 제어 할 수 있습니다.
Translated back, But he can fully control it.
Translated to Chinese, 但是他可以完全控制。
Translated back, But he can be completely controlled.
Translated to French, Mais il peut être entièrement contrôlé .
Translated back, But it can be fully controlled.
Translated to Swedish, Men det kan vara helt kontrolleras .
Translated back, But it can be completely controlled.
Does this make any sense to anyone?

Last edited:

owlcool

Verified Member
Rephrase. But he was in full control of it. Translated to Bosnian,
Ali on je bio u punom kontrolu nad njim .
Translated back, But he was in full control of it. Translated to flipino, Subalit siya ay nasa ganap na kontrol ng mga ito .
Translated back, But he was in full control of it.
Translated to spanish, Pero él está en control total de la misma.
Translated back, But he is in total control of it.
Translated to Japanese, しかし、彼はそれを完全に制御している。
Translated back, However, he has complete control of it.
Translated to Korean, 그러나 그는 완벽하게 제어 할 수 있습니다.
Translated back, But he can fully control it.
Translated to Chinese, 但是他可以完全控制。
Translated back, But he can be completely controlled.
Translated to French, Mais il peut être entièrement contrôlé .
Translated back, But it can be fully controlled.
Translated to Swedish, Men det kan vara helt kontrolleras .
Translated back, But it can be completely controlled.
Does this make any sense to anyone?
I guess google translate doesn't translate idiot.

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
You making useless translations using online software that translates each individual word with out context won't make this terrible suggestion any better or add sense to it. This would just encourage caps and chat spam something that on 95% of servers is against the rules. Anger and rage can have both positive and negative effects. Some might lose control and some might get a slight boost but you can't generalize the hole type of benders over something that you just imagined because I'm owlcool and I am the king of the world .... Zaheer was one of the most offensive airbender (something that by the way contradicts your stupid martial arts thing) you didn't seen him or any bender for that matter just getting a boost because they have yelled a bit. This suggestion is completely useless, unnecessary and just generaly confusing.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
This suggestion reminds me of azula, zuko, etc. I think it's quite good. It makes sense too :)

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
This suggestion reminds me of azula, zuko, etc. I think it's quite good. It makes sense too :)
Relating it to firebending anger was the "fuel" of the art but that was also what made them so unstable. As to Azula I never recall her being angry. If anything her calmness made her stand out. The only time she was angry was during the fight with Zuko during Sozin's comet. It was the only time she let her emotions dominate her and that was because she was slowly going insane.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Relating it to firebending anger was the "fuel" of the art but that was also what made them so unstable. As to Azula I never recall her being angry. If anything her calmness made her stand out. The only time she was angry was during the fight with Zuko during Sozin's comet. It was the only time she let her emotions dominate her and that was because she was slowly going insane.
That last fight was actually what I was referring to when I said azula.

owlcool

Verified Member
You making useless translations using online software that translates each individual word with out context won't make this terrible suggestion any better or add sense to it. This would just encourage caps and chat spam something that on 95% of servers is against the rules. Anger and rage can have both positive and negative effects. Some might lose control and some might get a slight boost but you can't generalize the hole type of benders over something that you just imagined because I'm owlcool and I am the king of the world .... Zaheer was one of the most offensive airbender (something that by the way contradicts your stupid martial arts thing) you didn't seen him or any bender for that matter just getting a boost because they have yelled a bit. This suggestion is completely useless, unnecessary and just generaly confusing.
Yeah, because airbenders losing their hunger passive, or firebenders blowing themselves up, or waterbenders using all of their water sources when they use caps makes this encourage caps. And I never said that you would get a boost, you are just being a biased idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.