• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Blue Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
So, we all know we wanna see blue fire implemented in the plugin.
So I have an idea:

First off, the particles for the blue fire would be blue redstone particles.
So how it would work is that if the player has the perm; bending.fire.blue or bending.fire.bluefire -
then their fire particles would be replaced by blue redstone particles.

This perm would default to neither op nor default (if that's even possible)

Now I know this is going to be brought up so I will say it now;
The Pk resource pack blue version.
The reason I don't think that the resource pack is good is for these few reasons -
1. Only you can see your blue fire, and other people with the resource pack. What's the point of it being fancy if only a few people will see it.
2. The resource pack not only changes the color of the fire, but the color of the light that glowstone, redstone lamps, and sea lanterns emit, and also changes the color of glowstone completely. Purple glowstone doesn't look good (yes in the resource pack glowstone looks very much purple)
3. The fire doesn't really look blue, it looks more purple.
4. People may want blue fire, and not have to switch out their favorite resource pack for the blue one.

Hope you like the suggestion, probably going to get denied, but it was worth a shot no matter.

Newly thought of stuff:
Config option for extra damage for bluefire: ex. bluefiredamage: true

There could be a perm to override the bluefiredamage, so say if you want only certain people to do more damage with bluefire, you could give them the perm bending.fire.bluefiredamage and they would deal a bit more damage, where other blue fire users wouldn't deal any more damage than normal.

Could be part of Rpg where there is a 20% (Configurable) chance that a firebender will have bluefire.

Last edited:

chazpants

Verified Member
I had the exact same idea like maybe combined with the rpg plugin when a bender chooses fire there's a 20% chance of fire being blue OR customized so when a firebender becomes a master he could create blue fire? It would add more creativity to firebending and maybe if you get blue fire your combos will be blue too and with like a tiny bit of extra damage and more burning time becuase of how hot it is?

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I had the exact same idea like maybe combined with the rpg plugin when a bender chooses fire there's a 20% chance of fire being blue OR customized so when a firebender becomes a master he could create blue fire? It would add more creativity to firebending and maybe if you get blue fire your combos will be blue too and with like a tiny bit of extra damage and more burning time becuase of how hot it is?
Yea.
Blue. Redstone. Particles. I don't think that exists.
V
It does exist. You can change redstone dust to any color.
And how do you think lightning was accomplished?

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
Would this add any extra damage to fire or is it just purely for a better visual effect.
The particles would work but moves like blaze or fire burst that summon fire would still have the normal MC red version.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Would this add any extra damage to fire or is it just purely for a better visual effect.
The particles would work but moves like blaze or fire burst would still have normal MC red fire.
Did it seem like Azula's fire did any more harm than Zuko's? If people think it should do a little more damage then their could be a config option for it. And the moves like Blaze and fireburst cannot be helped.

paliate

Verified Member
Denied, I do not see this fitting into the projectkorra plugin.
It would add too much confusion, If you want blue fire particles i recommend changing your texture pack.
What's the point of it being fancy if only a few people will see it
I don't see a point in it being fancy, Honestly i think you'd have a better chance if you asked for a config option to change fire particles.

Status
Not open for further replies.