• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied EarthBlast & WaterManip Damage (getting rid of campers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
haii ppl!

This is a new damage "factor" for watermanipulation and earthblast. It's a way to get rid of water campers/spammers! :)
Here it is:

My idea was, how shorter the distance between your selected source, and the thing you hitted is, how less damage you deal. For example, when there is only 1 or 0 block between your source and the entity you hitted, it'll deal 0.5 hearts of damage, when there are 2 blocks in between it, it'll deal 1 heart, etc. It would be configurable of course ~ The configuration could be like this:

Damage0Blocks: {DamageFactor}
Damage1Blocks: {DamageFactor}
Damage2Blocks: {DamageFactor}
Etc. ( Till 5 maybe ? )

If it's possible, it could be nice if the owner could add as many as he/she wants ;) :)

That's bassicly it. It would get rid of earth blast spammers and water spammers because selecting the water or earth directly underneath your opponent would only deal 0,5 hearts of damage for example. I hope you like it ! :)

- Finn

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
haii ppl!

This is a new damage "factor" for watermanipulation and earthblast. It's a way to get rid of water campers/spammers! :)
Here it is:

My idea was, how shorter the distance between your selected source, and the thing you hitted is, how less damage you deal. For example, when there is only 1 or 0 block between your source and the entity you hitted, it'll deal 0.5 hearts of damage, when there are 2 blocks in between it, it'll deal 1 heart, etc. It would be configurable of course ~ The configuration could be like this:

Damage0Blocks: {DamageFactor}
Damage1Blocks: {DamageFactor}
Damage2Blocks: {DamageFactor}
Etc. ( Till 5 maybe ? )

If it's possible, it could be nice if the owner could add as many as he/she wants ;) :)

That's bassicly it. It would get rid of earth blast spammers and water spammers because selecting the water or earth directly underneath your opponent would only deal 0,5 hearts of damage for example. I hope you like it ! :)

- Finn
sounds like a good idea but i think owners can already set the cooldown and range think watermanip would just need a prep range config option like they did with earthblast
(edit) maybe a heght config option too to add extra personalisation and more variety of different types of bending server

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
sounds like a good idea but i think owners can already set the cooldown and range think watermanip would just need a prep range config option like they did with earthblast
(edit) maybe a heght config option too to add extra personalisation and more variety of different types of bending server
That's not what I meant at all...

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
That's not what I meant at all...
you mean to put a limit on how many water manips and earthblasts u can throw at one given time? or the preparation under the players feet causing spambending? when a waterbender or earthbender bends from behind someone its called backbending. what i said up there would solve the under feet spam bending or are you trying to get like a 5 blockdistance between the bendable block and the person? for example

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
Well, wouldn't something actually do less damage the further it has to travel? You know, the initial launch would be all of the momentum and it'd slow down the further it went.. Doing less damage when the blast is at its initial velocity seems silly.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Well, wouldn't something actually do less damage the further it has to travel? You know, the initial launch would be all of the momentum and it'd slow down the further it went.. Doing less damage when the blast is at its initial velocity seems silly.
I'm not english, didn't understand most of it :p

I ment, how faster it goes, how harder it comes to you ...
tha tmay sound weird :p I meant, when you launch it from a little distance, it builds up speed, which means it'll be harder on impact.

6tijn

Verified Member
YES!!! I hate the way spammers attack by watermanip'ing and earthblast'ing right under you. It just doesnt make sense. In TLA and TLK something like that never worked. If an earthbender for example gets near you, he just needs to select the earth under you and click at you, it directly hits you and deals like 2-2,5 demage. That just doesnt make sense. This would solve that spam problem, I think. So poeple need to use more strategy, instead of spam tactics.

Kiam

Verified Member
That would only apply if it wasnt BENDING. In bending, the waterbender doesnt let go of the water and throw it like a projectile, they have to keep it moving or else it will fall to the ground as a little splash...

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
That would only apply if it wasnt BENDING. In bending, the waterbender doesnt let go of the water and throw it like a projectile, they have to keep it moving or else it will fall to the ground as a little splash...
Well I am thinking of it as the further away it is, the less control they have over the water.

RavenCorella

Verified Member
We really need this, people keep spamming manips on waterspouts and it's getting annoying.

I also think this makes some sense, so support!

6tijn

Verified Member
I think this wont get rid of spam in general, but get rid of spamming on the place you stand. I really dislike how waterbenders can kill poeple who stand in tall grass just by 5 to 4 watermanips. Doesnt make any sense. Same for earth. That kind of spam is the most annoying, unrealistic.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
this one is for @zmeduna

Think of a big ball (the watermanipulation or earth blast in this case) on a rope. A person takes the robe, and starts to swing it around him/her. The longer the person will swing it around theirself, the faster it will go. When he/she releases the rope, it'll lose speed. Hope you understand me now :p

Gahshunk

Verified Member
As it stands, the way these moves are currently customizable to the point of being set to whatever your liking could be without the added extra features.

Status
Not open for further replies.