• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Ice Chains

Status
Not open for further replies.

bossJetthardy

Verified Member
Element: Water
How to use it: I can't decide on it :(
1. Hold shift and click toward enemy to give them slowness II for 2-3 seconds. (Ice/Snow source ONLY)
or
2. Tap shift at an ICE or SNOW source and click to the target.

Description of how it would look:
Once you shift+click a snow particle (the same particles used when a target is hit with iceblast) quickly approaches the target's feet and hands to disable their movements and bending for 2-3 seconds.

Different Usage: When both the user and enemy are on ice(The ice chain will always reach the target)
When only the user is on ice and the enemy is on land ( The ice chain will have to travel the distance between the player and target)

Default Stats:
Damage: 0 Hearts
Cooldown: 15 seconds (to ensure it isn't spammed so the target can't move at all)

bossJetthardy

Verified Member
Seems like trapping someone in torrent to me... :/
Heres the difference:
Ice chains allows the user to attack the target better. When an enemy is trapped in a torrent the user can only use octopusform on the target, or watermanipulation if lucky. Also, torrent is easy to break out of.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Heres the difference:
Ice chains allows the user to attack the target better. When an enemy is trapped in a torrent the user can only use octopusform on the target, or watermanipulation if lucky. Also, torrent is easy to break out of.
That's true, but I think they should still be able to bend. According to the video, they just couldn't move.

bossJetthardy

Verified Member
That is true, but that is what Pakku deemed necessary in his situation. It would be quite easy for him to shoot up some more chains to hold down the benders arms. Also, moves that come out of a benders mouth will not be disabled like frostbreath and firebreath

Faecous

Verified Member
This seems a bit weird to me. The visual part is not shown in the video, the only thing in the video at 1.00 is a wave that's going over the wall....
I feel this, if it at all should be implemented, should be a combo. Right now, It seems a little op for me with three seconds... Maybe 1.5 - 2. or 1- 1.5

bossJetthardy

Verified Member
This seems a bit weird to me. The visual part is not shown in the video, the only thing in the video at 1.00 is a wave that's going over the wall....
I feel this, if it at all should be implemented, should be a combo. Right now, It seems a little op for me with three seconds... Maybe 1.5 - 2. or 1- 1.5
Ok, if you look closely at the feet of the guards you can see their feet frozen, making it so that they cannot walk. Also, the time that the target is disabled is configuable.

owlcool

Verified Member
So this is like the community move quicksand, as it just stops the feet from moving. I can't see this having a large range, or radius, seeing as how this needed TONS of water for just a few people. So, it is only usable on one person I guess. Also, I think you should be able to do this to yourself to stop knockback. 0:54

paliate

Verified Member
I don't quite connect with the move, like finn said it's basically just a torrent freeze.
The only difference is that you can hit them, and are we really trying to turn water into chi? There's no evidence that i've seen of waterbenders chiblocking.
And hopefully i never will see that evidence xD

bossJetthardy

Verified Member
I don't quite connect with the move, like finn said it's basically just a torrent freeze.
The only difference is that you can hit them, and are we really trying to turn water into chi? There's no evidence that i've seen of waterbenders chiblocking.
And hopefully i never will see that evidence xD
Amon was a water bending chiblocker :p

but really though, how is this chiblocking? Also refer to the post where I showed the difference between the two moves. Also, torrent is an attack that can also freeze the enemy. However the enemy can simply break, use phasechange or use heatcontrol on the torrent.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
Amon was a water bending chiblocker :p

but really though, how is this chiblocking? Also refer to the post where I showed the difference between the two moves. Also, torrent is an attack that can also freeze the enemy. However the enemy can simply break, use phasechange or use heatcontrol on the torrent.
But wouldn't this just refer to a weaker iceblast?

bossJetthardy

Verified Member
1. Coast I use a mac(I am struggling) so don't hate!
2. I have heard numerous complaints about the part where bending is disabled. So here is an idea: The chains don't restrict bending. HOWEVER, the chains stay on the target until the user switches his slot to a different move. This ensures the target has a chance to get away, and it ensures that the user can't just easily kill the target after crippling it.
3. I hope this pleases all of the critics...

Recap:
1. The chains does not affect bending so the target still has a chance of survival
2. The chains are only released when the user switches his inventory slot to a different box. Supporting the purpose of using this to get away from your target or to daze them.

Status
Not open for further replies.