• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Ice Hook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thestacker21

Verified Member
Element: Water

How to use: click on a waterbendable block and hold shift,click again to shoot.

This move is like torrent what the move does it when you click on a waterbendable block and hold shift will make water circle around the player.Just like torrent when you click again to shoot it is just like torrent but with it hits a player it gives them slowness and pulls the player to you and when it hits the play to does 2/3 hearts. This can also be a combo here's the combo code icespike(tap shift) torrent ( hold shift) torrent(click)

DanStryder

Verified Member
This is definitely interesting, so you mean this move to be like a water lasso? If so, that would be great to see in action!

Thestacker21

Verified Member
This is definitely interesting, so you mean this move to be like a water lasso? If so, that would be great to see in action!
Yes that's what I mean,this move is like a fishing rod you throw catch a fish (player) xD and pulling to you for more time to attack.

Kwesi

Verified Member
An interesting suggestion indeed. Waterbenders are capable of pushes players away but not pulling them back, so this would give them some flexibility.

I'm wondering where the ice comes in though (apart from the slowness). Where does the ability feature ice?

Thestacker21

Verified Member
An interesting suggestion indeed. Waterbenders are capable of pushes players away but not pulling them back, so this would give them some flexibility.

I'm wondering where the ice comes in though (apart from the slowness). Where does the ability feature ice?
the ice comes from the tip of the hook it it was fire,fire (in the show) could cut it out.for the ice is make sure it has a strong grip on ot targets.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
No need for this. Waterbenders can already pull people towards them with torrent:/

Joeri

Verified Member
No need for this. Waterbenders can already pull people towards them with torrent:/
Hard and unreliable, torrent sure it can drag but its not unlimited, try to move people with torrent for more then 5 seconds, nearly impossible... They just drop out of the stream randomly

Last edited:

Thestacker21

Verified Member
Hard and unreliable, torrent sure it can drag but its not unlimited, try to move people with torrent for more then 5 seconds, nearly impossible... They just drop out of the stream randomly
This move is like torrent its to bring players to you and with torrent it takes lots of aim and timing to pull them but once you pull them with torrent they get pushed back.so this move is more helpful for skilled waterbenders and and new waterbenders.They also use this move a lot in the atla and lok this plugin is based on those two shows.and some of the move maybe all of them are seen in the show.So it would be nice to add this move to the plugin for some more pvp fun :D

Kwesi

Verified Member
This move is like torrent its to bring players to you and with torrent it takes lots of aim and timing to pull them but once you pull them with torrent they get pushed back.so this move is more helpful for skilled waterbenders and and new waterbenders.They also use this move a lot in the atla and lok this plugin is based on those two shows.and some of the move maybe all of them are seen in the show.So it would be nice to add this move to the plugin for some more pvp fun :D
I can certainly see how the ability would expand waterbending possibilities.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I know it is hard, but not everything has to be easy. Some things require skill, and if that would be removed, then it would just suck I guess :/

Joeri

Verified Member
I was talking about torrent

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Torrent kinda works like airstream for me :/

Charging torrent takes less than a second, and the same goes for the aiming if you have some skill. When I try to drag someone, the never are being pushed back. Not everything has to be easy, especially for water, since most new Waterbenders just spam watermanipulation.

Joeri

Verified Member
Torrent kinda works like airstream for me :/

Charging torrent takes less than a second, and the same goes for the aiming if you have some skill. When I try to drag someone, the never are being pushed back. Not everything has to be easy, especially for water, since most new Waterbenders just spam watermanipulation.
Torrent and AirStream have a giant difference. I already have used bending for almost 2 years and I call tell you that AirStream is way smoother. Torrent will randomly drop people out of the stream and is way harder to use due it's speed and shorter range

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Torrent and AirStream have a giant difference. I already have used bending for almost 2 years and I call tell you that AirStream is way smoother. Torrent will randomly drop people out of the stream and is way harder to use due it's speed and shorter range
ppl only "randomly" drop out when you can't control it properly.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
K then, but how would it look? The player going towards you like air suction would make no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.