• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied MudSurfing

Status
Not open for further replies.

owlcool

Verified Member
Element: Earth
Name: MudSurfing
Use: This would make the block you are standing on raise up, with up raised up with it. You can run at higher speeds and even walk faster!!!
How it is cannon:

Kwesi

Verified Member
I don't really understand the name of the ability since I see no example of mud being used. If it's the ability where Bumi raise a large slab of earth beneath broken earth then I don't understand how you've structured your suggestion.

owlcool

Verified Member
This stuff does exist. This video both shows a example of something similar, and may have been inspiration for the name. Source:

owlcool

Verified Member
Another source of inspiration that you can draw on is the version used by toph. She showed being able to move left without turning left.

Kwesi

Verified Member
This stuff does exist. This video both shows a example of something similar, and may have been inspiration for the name. Source:
Mudbending exists, yeah. The surf is earth then she used minor mudbending, so I'm guessing you combined those.

owlcool

Verified Member
For mudbending to be possible, mud blocks would first have to be added. I certainly wouldn't oppose their addition.
First of all, you are way to literal. MudSurfing. Mud is related to water. Mud is half of water. Toph used mud to MudSurf. This move is not literally mudbending. This is a decent name for the move. Not everything needs to be named, WallOfFire, WaterWave, RaiseEarth, or Earthblast. Just no. Second of all, did you even read the original post or just the title?

owlcool

Verified Member
I have put some examples of how the slabs should be arranged. I think that only stone, sand, sandstone, and iron should be used as sources in this move, both for aesthetics and to make it not as op. Also, knockback should be increased but damaged should be slightly decreased thanks to the stone shielding the earthbender, and being basically a sail for all the force and momentum to go into, as referenced in the bumi video. Also, do you think that the slabs should be on the ground, 1 block high, or 1 and a half blocks high. 2014-12-11_17.24.19.png 2014-12-11_17.22.58.png 2014-12-11_17.21.30.png 2014-12-11_17.14.47.png 2014-12-11_17.14.15.png
There is at least one of each example for on the ground, 1 block above the ground, or 1.5 blocks above the ground. I want you to choose. I personally think the 1 block high block will be the best performing, as it will be able to smoothly go uphill like airscooter. Unless you want to disable this going uphill of course.

Venusaur0817

Verified Member
First of all, you are way to literal. MudSurfing. Mud is related to water. Mud is half of water. Toph used mud to MudSurf. This move is not literally mudbending. This is a decent name for the move. Not everything needs to be named, WallOfFire, WaterWave, RaiseEarth, or Earthblast. Just no. Second of all, did you even read the original post or just the title?
Yes, I read it, and how is your rant at all relevant? I was just saying that mudbending would be a nice addition in general if mud blocks were added, not specifically this ability. and how is it too literal? there is lavabending, lightningbending, Metalbending, sandbending, oh, and bloodbending. I see no reason why it can't be referred to mudbending in general. Someone clearly woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

owlcool

Verified Member
You could use brown stained clay for this. Similar to earthline.
Not bad, not bad at all. But The one issue with this I see coming out, and this is if you want it to be this way, is for people to travel uphill with this. Sry for singling out that one error.Do you think mudsurfing should go uphill the people of the server?

Status
Not open for further replies.