• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied SideKick

owlcool

Verified Member
Element: Chi
Move Name: SideKick
Use: This would be activated by a punch, then moving your cursor to the side in a swift motion, it would have 3 hearts damage, and instead of having knockback just backwards. it would have knockback to either the left or the right, depending on which side you moved your cursor towards.

owlcool

Verified Member
And just in case you don't think the cursor thing is possible, look at bloodbending. How would you aim a fireblast? How would firewheel work? Just in case.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Well in bloodbending, it is different. Bloodbending uses the cursor in a different way, along with the other moves. Moving the cursor to the side is part of how the move is fully achieved, unlike the other ones where the move is achieved, and the cursor is purely for aiming. Not saying it isn't possible.

Kwesi

Verified Member
Well in bloodbending, it is different. Bloodbending uses the cursor in a different way, along with the other moves. Moving the cursor to the side is part of how the move is fully achieved, unlike the other ones where the move is achieved, and the cursor is purely for aiming. Not saying it isn't possible.
It may work - it may not.

DanStryder

Verified Member
AirSweep, Nuff said.

Well I can say more.

It's definitely possible to do, in terms of coding, and I can't see why a chi blocker can't use his/her legs to fight when bender do it too!

My only question is will the range be only 1/2 blocks?

Would be cool to see this used with paralyze, just like click paralyze then sidekick them flying, I think I'd cry with laughter at how "rekt" the poor git would be xD

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
The side kick is not what you are describing. A side kick has no sweeping motion at all. This is a side kick:

DanStryder

Verified Member
Well a roundhouse kick then, it's a sidewards motion, either way this would be a cool move to see for Chi

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
Here are some kinds of kicks that have a spinning motion:

Spinning Hook Kick: (Start at 4:18)

Roundhouse Kick: (Start at 2:25)

owlcool

Verified Member
Ok, I guess I will change the name. Any name in particular you want Mr. Karate? And yes, I have seen your posts. You at least used to have a karate instructor. I am hoping this won't turn into a move that hits multiple people by the way.

Adam

Verified Member
Here are some kinds of kicks that have a spinning motion:

Spinning Hook Kick: (Start at 4:18)

Roundhouse Kick: (Start at 2:25)
The Spinning hook looks like the sort of kick Chiblockers used in the show.

Helios

Verified Member
I did Tae Kwon Do for 8 years, and a sidekick has no circular motion. A sidekick goes straight out from your body. You're thinking of a Round Kick or a Butterfly Kick.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I did Tae Kwon Do for 8 years, and a sidekick has no circular motion. A sidekick goes straight out from your body. You're thinking of a Round Kick or a Butterfly Kick.
Let's not name it butterfly kick xd I know what it is, but it isn't the right name I guess xD

EndersShadows

Verified Member
The term "Side" fits the name, and yes a roundhouse or hook kick fits the action better. However because it's Minecraft, not TKD, the name "sidekick" should work just fine.

owlcool

Verified Member
Ok. Just post on this page the name you think best suiting. The real world example: RoundKick, Or the name that describes the move better, SideKick. Just post the better name below, if you put reasons on it(you bring people on your side by doing that) your vote will be counted. If you post any reasons to it, other then I personally like this better, then your vote will not be counted.