• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

WaterCombo: Charged Torrent

Waht do you think?

• Yes, it makes sense

Votes: 30 83.3%
  • No, horrible!

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Yes, but it needs improvement

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

6tijn

Verified Member

1:00
Charged Torrent/ IceDrill:

When you did the combo, you set up torrent, 2 streams of water instead of 1 will form around you and begin streaming around you like regular torrent. This would take longer then setting up a regular torrent. Double the length should do it, I think. When you click the 2 streams will fuse in the derection you look at and form one powerful stream. This stream would be faster, deal +- 3 hearts plus a bigger knockback and have a larger range. It would be a lot harder to redirect, so the stream would still follow your cursor but slower. So you have to aim better and it can be dodged.

When you double left-click while you launch the stream, it would get an ice tip at the point were the two stream completely fuse (instead of creating ice when hitting the target by regular torrent.) It would deal less damage(2.5 hearts), but it would have the same effect as IceSpike.

~Special thanks to Phorcys77 and DrCrossFire for the ice tip idea c:

The Combo: Torrent(left-click)>>>Torrent(tap shift)>>>Watermanipulation(left click)>>>Torrent/left-click + hold shift(activation)
~Special thanks to orfeas for the combo c:

To set up this combo, you need water or ice! I think it doesn't make sense waterbenders could do this with just one small fern or flower... Look at how much water Kya needed to do it. (optional though)

Because this is also based on Unalaq's IceDrill, I think it would make sense you could use this to break blocks. It would be able to go through a 1 block think wall of blocks. Like charged fireblast does.

Fully Charged Torrent, ready to use.
2014-11-06_19.18.09.png 2014-11-06_19.18.19.png

The 2 streams fuse and make one powerfull stream
2014-11-20_18.51.54.png 2014-11-20_18.51.45.png 2014-11-20_18.51.36.png

I hope you like it! c: Let me know if this needs improvement, like when you think it's OP, unbalanced, ... I want this to be a fair usefull combo, not OP or anything c:

Attachments

Last edited:

X_Eco

Verified Member
I like this idea.Although i think the combo needs to change but I'm no good with combo.

orfeas

Verified Member
Well i think that the combo could be this:torrent(left-click)>torrent(tap shift)>Watermanipulation(left click)>torrent(hold shift)>torrent(left click)
How it would work:left click with torrent looking at a water source to select it,then tap shift to do torrent for a split second and water manipulation left click to do nothing just to show that there is a combo going on.Finally torrent hold shift to form the charged torrent around you and then left click to lunch the charged torrent!
.I would suggest 3 hearts of damage.Also it would be nice if you specified the knonk back!Great idea although it is like mine,but now that i think of it it is different.

6tijn

Verified Member
Keep in mind that the water would flow, like torrent, and not stand still. But I can always edigt the look if it might look unnatural or anything. What exactly does look bad/weird?

Dr_CrossFire

Verified Member
I like the idea! Kind of reminds me of Unalaqs ice drill:

The screenshots you made of how it could look like are nice, but if they merge that quickly and into a 1-block stream at that, the move feels a bit strange. It should slowly merge the further it goes, but not that quick. Perhaps the tip could change to ice, when it hits a player or mob? It shouldn't freeze people or anything, it'd just look cool. Not trying to change your suggestion or something like that, just something that springs to mind :p

Phorcys77

Verified Member

The screenshots you made of how it could look like are nice, but if they merge that quickly and into a 1-block stream at that, the move feels a bit strange. It should slowly merge the further it goes, but not that quick. Perhaps the tip could change to ice, when it hits a player or mob? It shouldn't freeze people or anything, it'd just look cool. Not trying to change your suggestion or something like that, just something that springs to mind :p
Wow I really like changing the tip to ice like the ice drill. I think that would look so cool!

6tijn

Verified Member

I'm open for improvement! And yes, my screenshot seem to look strange to many so I'll try to make a more realistic one, I do lik ethe idea of the ice! It could work like creating ice with Torrent: When you double click it will become ice, and have a alike effect as icespike.

Phorcys77

Verified Member
I'm open for improvement! And yes, my screenshot seem to look strange to many so I'll try to make a more realistic one, I do lik ethe idea of the ice! It could work like creating ice with Torrent: When you double click it will become ice, and have a alike effect as icespike.
Awesome, keep up the good work!

6tijn

Verified Member
And does it still flow throw air, following the cursor? :3 love the idea
It would, but much slower. This does more demage and it's faster than the regular torrent. (I think the speed of fireblast or airblast). So you have to aim good to hit, so this one is possible to dodge, unlike the regular Torrent. I think that compensates the amount of demage it deals.

Hero

Verified Member
I like it, I think it should have a slow build up like octopusform. And I think it should work like normal torrent. :D

Kwesi

Verified Member
Firstly, LOVE the concept. This sounds like something that would sense for a WaterCombo ability. Although, I feel that all that animation for the ability will cause quite the lag, as much as like it. I also wonder how effective it would be if the stream is not fully fused. In situations where the target is close, how would that work?

Status
Not open for further replies.