• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Chiblocking Revamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

Verified Member
Ok guys, here is the difference between extended knuckle and a normal punch.
image.jpg
Extended Knuckle

Punch
image.jpg

HydroMan

Verified Member
The only thing I ask is not change punch. 35% is kinda high and most people would probably hate the fact that they are forced tk look in a direction.
Punch still got denied and understand why. Punch should stay punch. Jab could be replaced with MuscularStrike (or the other way around, if you wanna the name to stay), Kick is ok, and thats pretty much fine

HydroMan

Verified Member
Im going to keep five base moves.
Chiblocking were precise jabs that involved fingers and knuckles.
And you said that pressure points dont work in real life, but there is an ancient martial art called Varma Kalai
Wasn't there like a Palm as a fifth move?

HydroMan

Verified Member
Im changing most of the Jab combos to Knuckle. Why Knuckle?
  1. From personal experience, using your knuckle on parts of the body (Beside spine, side of stomach, ect.) is more in tune with chiblocking.
  2. Jab in reality was just something I thougbt it was called, but after doing more research, I know what its called.
  3. Im keeping Jab, just somethings like combos and such will change.
@Gamzee @HydroMan
wait so, what is actually jab now?

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
A lot of the knuckle moves you put in there make no sense. If it is just for chi blocking why is it in things like Devastating Blow?

Hero

Verified Member
A lot of the knuckle moves you put in there make no sense. If it is just for chi blocking why is it in things like Devastating Blow?
Ooops, I forgot to change devastating blow to your combo.

There has been alot of problems with Knuckle. Ill probably get rid of it if more people start hating it.

HydroMan

Verified Member
View attachment 1481
I also seem to recall somebody rethinking how paralysis would work to make it more interesting for combat. Like instead of just freezing them in place, disabling a function, like shifting, or left clicking, or maybe sprinting. Anybody remember whose idea that was? Like, a link to to that thread possibly would be nice. I want to give proper credit for where ideas come from. Maybe we could incorporate it into this suggestion, with their permission, of course.
2. Lol , @TheBlueSpirit i kind like suggested the same thing for chi called MuscularStance. Im suprise that im not the first to suggest that.

Status
Not open for further replies.