• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Chiblocking Revamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Hmm.....i might lower it to 2% because Jabs are usually light strikes. You can make a list of combos/moves in my thread!
ok....

When the chiblocker uses jab, there's a 5% for that target ,that got jabbed, to get nausea effect.

I don't know if this is real or not, but i think MAYBE they could possibily be dizzy after a very good hard punch got onto them.
Ok so what does it briefly, when you punch someone, there's 35% chance for who ever punch, there head turn sideaway and lock in position. So if that percentage happens, the hit player curson would turn to his left/right side, as if he was about to look at that side, and after his curson gets turn there, his head will be look for about 5 seconds, meaning that he wouldn't be able to "turn around" for that long of period of time. I hope i explain it well as much as i could. :p
Knee would deal "weakness" effect to whatever it is being knee at and will take away level from resistance effect (if the effect doesn't have level then the effect would be removed on itself)
Kick would deal "slowness" effect to whatever it kicks. It would also push the target 1 block further (if i was to kick the target to his left he will be pushed to his right side one block further; if i kicked the target from his front he will be pushed back away; and visa versa.).

Hero

Verified Member
You couldve just make a link list. I also said that base moves shouldn't have status effects because the last thing I need is someone complaining about something being op because Kick does slowness and a combo does weakness...

HydroMan

Verified Member
You couldve just make a link list. I also said that base moves shouldn't have status effects because the last thing I need is someone complaining about something being op because Kick does slowness and a combo does weakness...
im think that kick should push 2 away, as if you punch someone normally they already back away one block.

HydroMan

Verified Member
You couldve just mke a link list. I also said that base moves shouldn't have status effects because the last thing I need is someone complaining about something being op because Kick does slowness and a combo does weakness...
then what could be used for jab? isn't it pretty much like punch in reality?

Hero

Verified Member
That depends on your knowledge. The way I learned it was using your knuckle when you punch a certain part so you can strike a pressure point. It isnt called a jab, but thats the closes thing I can call it.

Last edited:

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
In reality a jab is different than a punch (talking about a standard reverse punch). Jabs are when you use your forward hand to punch, they are not powerful but are very good at catching your opponent off guard as they are closer to them, also good at hitting the nose, which blinds your enemy with the forced tears that comes with it. Reverse punches come across the body and are much more powerful, albeit easier to see coming.

HydroMan

Verified Member
In reality a jab is different than a punch (talking about a standard reverse punch). Jabs are when you use your forward hand to punch, they are not powerful but are very good at catching your opponent off guard as they are closer to them, also good at hitting the nose, which blinds your enemy with the forced tears that comes with it. Reverse punches come across the body and are much more powerful, albeit easier to see coming.
True. Maybe if you jab, the damage could increase at each jab, but you would need to do at correct time

I.E
1. Jab - Original Damage
2. After 2 seconds anotger jab - increases by 1.5
3. After 5 seconds increases by 2
4. 2 seconds - by 2.5
5. 3 seconds - by 2.5

Then the cycle resets. The duration for the next jab can't be nor higher and nor less if you are planning for those certain damages to be dealt.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
True. Maybe if you jab, the damage could increase at each jab, but you would need to do at correct time

I.E
1. Jab - Original Damage
2. After 2 seconds anotger jab - increases by 1.5
3. After 5 seconds increases by 2
4. 2 seconds - by 2.5
5. 3 seconds - by 2.5

Then the cycle resets. The duration for the next jab can't be nor higher and nor less if you are planning for those certain damages to be dealt.
Naw. Jabs just aren't very powerful punches without regular punches to follow through with.

HydroMan

Verified Member
then what you guys can suggested for jab, kick and knee to do? We can't just leave blank as they have pretty much the same functionality at the moment?

Last edited:

Hero

Verified Member
Im changing most of the Jab combos to Knuckle. Why Knuckle?
  1. From personal experience, using your knuckle on parts of the body (Beside spine, side of stomach, ect.) is more in tune with chiblocking.
  2. Jab in reality was just something I thougbt it was called, but after doing more research, I know what its called.
  3. Im keeping Jab, just somethings like combos and such will change.
@Gamzee @HydroMan

Hero

Verified Member
im think that kick should push 2 away, as if you punch someone normally they already back away one block.
I think kick should stay the same. If kick added 2 blocks of knockback, it would seriously mess up the combos.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
Thats what Gamzee and I had in mind.
I think most of the moves should have one block effect.
Jab - move one block forward.
Kick - one block knockback horizontal
Knee - one block knockback diagonal, and move one block forward.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Heres what i suggest
Jab - stops the player fro moving forward (for 1 second) when jabbed. Only happens if the player was moving forward or sprinting at that time.
Knee - causes the player look down for 1 second, as in real life they bent forwards when being knee on, has of their reaction of the induce pain.
Kick - deals some certain amout of damage
Punch - the idea stays from my thread

HydroMan

Verified Member
I think most of the moves should have one block effect.
Jab - move one block forward.
Kick - one block knockback horizontal
Knee - one block knockback diagonal, and move one block forward.
Didn't see you posting here! Tho your idea seems good too!

Hero

Verified Member
Heres what i suggest
Jab - stops the player fro moving forward (for 1 second) when jabbed. Only happens if the player was moving forward or sprinting at that time.
Knee - causes the player look down for 1 second, as in real life they bent forwards when being knee on, has of their reaction of the induce pain.
Kick - deals some certain amout of damage
Punch - the idea stays from my thread
The only thing I ask is not change punch. 35% is kinda high and most people would probably hate the fact that they are forced tk look in a direction.

HydroMan

Verified Member
The only thing I ask is not change punch. 35% is kinda high and most people would probably hate the fact that they are forced tk look in a direction.
i suggest either it adds 1 second nausea effect (which you won't agree on) or.... idk.

Janny

Verified Member
We all know that chiblocking needs a massive revamp, so here is my suggestion. I say that we completely get rid of moves like paralyze and immobilize and make chiblockers combo driven. Moves like high jump and smokebomb will stay.

@Gamzee and @HydroMan, thank you for some
help! And for the move Devesatating Blow.

So because chiblocking is a martial art, lets start by making chiblockers have only 4 moves: Punch, Kick, Knee, and Jab.

Punch: 1.5 Hearts - Small Knockback
Kick: 1.5 Hearts - Large Knockback
Jab: 1 Heart - No Knockback
Knee: 2 Hearts - Small Knockback Vertically
Knuckle: 0.5 Hearts - No knockback, but high disable rate

Chiblocking would become a lot less op because each move on there own do little damage, but when they are used as a combo, they can be hard blowing.

Rapid Punch: Jab - Punch - Punch - Knuckle
Paralyze: Knuckle - Jab - Punch - Knuckle
Hard Kick: Jab - Punch - Punch - Kick
Devesatating Blow: Jab - Knuckle - Punch - Knee
Quick Strike: Knuckle - Punch - Punch - Jab
Swift Kick: Kick - Kick
Knee Kick: - Knee - Kick
NEW! Flying Kick: Jab - Punch - Knee - *Jump* - Kick (Midair)
NEW! Jump Kick: *Jump* - Kick (Midair)

Why would people want to do combos instead of doing the same moves? Because each combo will do different things. Here is what I mean.

Rapid Punch: Will cause bending to be disabled for a few seconds.

Devesatating Blow: It will cause nausea for 3 seconds and slowness 2 for 5 seconds.

Paralyze: It will paralyze a person for 4 seconds.
(This shorter, but paralyze will be a combo, so it will do damage.)

Hard Kick: It will cause nausea for 2 seconds and causes the victim to be parayze for 2 seconds.

Quick Strike: It will disable bending for a longer amount of time than rapid punch.

Swift Kick: It will disable bending for few seconds and will cause slowness 1 for 3 seconds.

Knee Kick: This would just cause large knockback.

NEW! Flying Kick: This will cause a victim to be slammed to the ground and take major damage.

NEW! Jump Kick: Cause large knockback.

Whats the difference between each move?

Jab 10% Paralysis
Knuckle 20% Paraylsis
Kick 15% Paralysis
Punch 5% Paralysis
Knee 2.5% Paralysis

How is this better than the current version?
It would get rid of the issue of people spamming paralyze and rapid punch as fast/easy. It would also fix the complaint about chiblocking being op/up because of how many combos there is. And it would be more in tune with chiblocking from the show because chiblocking is a martial art which requires skill. Chiblockers now have a 10% chance of dodging attacks like Jab and Kick.

Suggestions on combos are deeply appreciated!
@Gamzee @HydroMan @Easte @Loony
No. No no no no. And what else? NO. You basically want to nerf chiblocking. People find chiblocking OP because they cant find a way to counter it. Now, I know you might be saying: "But there ISN'T a way to counter it Janny! At the moment you get paralyzed, you know its over! D:" Yeah, there is a way. The only way for a chiblocker to paralyze you is to physically hit you (melee). So how do you counter it? YOU DON'T LET THEM GET NEAR YOU. Like seriously, how the flying f*** are you going to get chiblocked if you aren't touched? For airbenders, airblast away, use airshield, stay on an airspout. For waterbenders, stay in water and swiftswim, stay on a waterspout and attack. For earthbenders, catapult away, spam earthblast, use raise earth, trap them in an earthgrab. For firebenders, firejet/jetblast/jetblaze away, use wall of fire, use fireshield. For avatars, if you get rekt 24/7 by chiblockers and you are an avatar, get training.

Status
Not open for further replies.