• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Chiblocking Revamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

Verified Member
We all know that chiblocking needs a massive revamp, so here is my suggestion. I say that we completely get rid of moves like paralyze and immobilize and make chiblockers combo driven. Moves like high jump and smokebomb will stay.

@Gamzee and @HydroMan, thank you for some
help! And for the move Devesatating Blow.

So because chiblocking is a martial art, lets start by making chiblockers have only 5 moves: Punch, Kick, Knee, Knuckle, and Jab.

Punch: 1.5 Hearts - Small Knockback
Kick: 1.5 Hearts - Small Knockback
Jab: 1 Heart - No Knockback
Knee: 2 Hearts - Small Knockback Vertically
Knuckle: 0.5 Hearts - No knockback, but high disable rate

Chiblocking would become a lot less op because each move on there own do little damage, but when they are used as a combo, they can be hard blowing.

Rapid Punch: Jab - Punch - Punch - Knuckle
Paralyze: Knuckle - Jab - Punch - Knuckle
Hard Kick: Jab - Punch - Punch - Kick
Devesatating Blow: (While Sprinting) - Punch - Knee
Quick Strike: Knuckle - Punch - Punch - Jab
Swift Kick: Kick - Kick
Knee Kick: - Knee - Kick
NEW! Flying Kick: Jab - Punch - Knee - *Jump* - Kick (Midair)
NEW! Jump Kick: *Jump* - Kick (Midair)
NEW! Immobilize: Jab - Punch - Knuckle - Kick - Punch - Punch - Knuckle
NEW! Stunning Kick: Jab - Punch - Knee - Kick - Knuckle

Why would people want to do combos instead of doing the same moves? Because each combo will do different things. Here is what I mean.

Rapid Punch: Will cause bending to be disabled for a few seconds.

Devesatating Blow: It will cause nausea for 3 seconds and slowness 2 for 5 seconds.

Paralyze: It will paralyze a person for 4 seconds.
(This shorter, but paralyze will be a combo, so it will do damage.)

Hard Kick: It will cause nausea for 2 seconds and causes the victim to be parayze for 2 seconds.

Quick Strike: It will disable bending for a longer amount of time than rapid punch.

Swift Kick: It will disable bending for few seconds and will cause slowness 1 for 3 seconds.

Knee Kick: This would just cause large knockback.

NEW! Flying Kick: This will cause a victim to be slammed to the ground and take major damage.

NEW! Jump Kick: Cause large knockback.

NEW! Immobilize: Cause extreme paralysis (6 seconds).

NEW! Stunning Kick: Cause the victim body to go numb, slowing down their attack speed. (Mining Fatigue 5 seconds).

Whats the difference between each move?

Jab 10% Paralysis
Knuckle 25% Paraylsis
Kick 15% Paralysis
Punch 5% Paralysis
Knee 2.5% Paralysis

How is this better than the current version?
It would get rid of the issue of people spamming paralyze and rapid punch as fast/easy. It would also fix the complaint about chiblocking being op/up because of how many combos there is. And it would be more in tune with chiblocking from the show because chiblocking is a martial art which requires skill. Chiblockers now have a 10% chance of dodging attacks like Jab and Kick.

Suggestions on combos are deeply appreciated!
@Gamzee @HydroMan @Easte @Loony

Last edited:

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
I love this. Let me recommend some stuff. Knee hits the enemy slightly in the air, but I don't know how the animation would work. And damage would be.
Jab - 1 heart, no knockback
Punch - 1.5 hearts, small knockback
Knee - 2 hearts, medium kickback
Kick - 1.5 hearts, large knockback

What do you think?

Hero

Verified Member
I love this. Let me recommend some stuff. Knee hits the enemy slightly in the air, but I don't know how the animation would work. And damage would be.
Jab - 1 heart, no knockback
Punch - 1.5 hearts, small knockback
Knee - 2 hearts, medium kickback
Kick - 1.5 hearts, large knockback

What do you think?
I love it. Doesnt make the moves too weak or strong!

Hero

Verified Member
Also cooldown's should be-
Jab - none
Punch - 1 second
Knee - 3.5 seconds
Kick - 2 seconds
I was afraid to add cooldowns because since this is combo dependent, it might miss up the combos, but I think this is good

orfeas

Verified Member
When you say Jab 50% Paralysis you mean 50%change right?I love this though,chiblocking is actually combos of moves,as we have seen many times!

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
Jab 50% Paralysis
Kick 25% Paralysis
Punch 20% Paralysis
Knee 10% Paralysis
50% is really high. How about.

Jab - 15%
Kick - 12.5%
Punch - 10%
Knee - 8.5%

Paralysis is pretty strong and with so many hits it is bound to happen very quickly.

Hero

Verified Member
50% is really high. How about.

Jab - 15%
Kick - 12.5%
Punch - 10%
Knee - 8.5%

Paralysis is pretty strong and with so many hits it is bound to happen very quickly.
It is high, but you do have to consider that all of their moves are close range.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
It is high, but you do have to consider that all of their moves are close range.
But just like two jabs and its very likely for paralysis when 50%

How about:
Jab - 20%
Kick - 18%
Punch - 14%
Knee - 10%

HydroMan

Verified Member
Would this will use the multiabilityAPI in any way?

Rapid Punch: Punch - Punch - Punch
Paralyze: Jab - Punch - Jab
Hard Kick: Punch - Punch - Jab - Kick
Crushing Blow: Jab - Jab - Punch - Knee
Quick Strike: Jab - Jab - Jab - Jab
Swift Kick: Kick - Kick
Knee Kick - Knee - Kick

HydroMan

Verified Member
This isnt going to use the multiablitlyAPI. This is all combos.
oh wait, you mean rapidpunch, paralysis, Quickstrike and swiftkick will be changed into combos? and kick, punch, knee, jab will be abilities? That's what you are trying to implent to chi blockers?

Hero

Verified Member
At first i was trilled that changing their places is not a bad idea but now im kinda confused. What else do those jabs, knees what now have purpose for then just paralysing your feo?
Moves by themselves do little damage, but when used in a combo, they do more damage.

So if Palm did .5 hearts, then 3 Palms would do 1.5 hearts of damage. Since you just did Beat Rush, youll do an extra heart of damage.

So in the end, youll do 2.5 hearts of damage.

IGNORE THIS! THIS IS WHAT I WANTED FROM COMBOS! STICK TO WHATS IN THE THREAD!

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
Moves by themselves do little damage, but when used in a combo, they do more damage.

So if Palm did .5 hearts, then 3 Palms would do 1.5 hearts of damage. Since you just did Beat Rush, youll do an extra heart of damage.

So in the end, youll do 2.5 hearts of damage.
I find them necesserary. I can't seem to find to point for them to even be binds , if they only all deal some certain of damage and a change of paralysis when punching the target (especally when they all do the SAME THING). I would prefer to be some sort of this thing where you left click warriorstance, which then chances your binds to those five moves and continue on doing those combos you listed of.

Status
Not open for further replies.