• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Chiblocking Revamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydroMan

Verified Member
No. No no no no. And what else? NO. You basically want to nerf chiblocking. People find chiblocking OP because they cant find a way to counter it. Now, I know you might be saying: "But there ISN'T a way to counter it Janny! At the moment you get paralyzed, you know its over! D:" Yeah, there is a way. The only way for a chiblocker to paralyze you is to physically hit you (melee). So how do you counter it? YOU DON'T LET THEM GET NEAR YOU. Like seriously, how the flying f*** are you going to get chiblocked if you aren't touched? For airbenders, airblast away, use airshield, stay on an airspout. For waterbenders, stay in water and swiftswim, stay on a waterspout and attack. For earthbenders, catapult away, spam earthblast, use raise earth, trap them in an earthgrab. For firebenders, firejet/jetblast/jetblaze away, use wall of fire, use fireshield. For avatars, if you get rekt 24/7 by chiblockers and you are an avatar, get training.
Paralyse seriously needs to go! Most people don't like chiblocker because of it, it makes the pvp unfair. It needs to have atleast a counter of it. Im sorry, but i really think it would be better as a combo. This was even discussed and it was agreed to nerfed. It's like literally secondary bloodbending move.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
No. No no no no. And what else? NO. You basically want to nerf chiblocking. People find chiblocking OP because they cant find a way to counter it. Now, I know you might be saying: "But there ISN'T a way to counter it Janny! At the moment you get paralyzed, you know its over! D:" Yeah, there is a way. The only way for a chiblocker to paralyze you is to physically hit you (melee). So how do you counter it? YOU DON'T LET THEM GET NEAR YOU. Like seriously, how the flying f*** are you going to get chiblocked if you aren't touched? For airbenders, airblast away, use airshield, stay on an airspout. For waterbenders, stay in water and swiftswim, stay on a waterspout and attack. For earthbenders, catapult away, spam earthblast, use raise earth, trap them in an earthgrab. For firebenders, firejet/jetblast/jetblaze away, use wall of fire, use fireshield. For avatars, if you get rekt 24/7 by chiblockers and you are an avatar, get training.
Why would this be a nerf?

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
This is mearly making chi blocking more realistic and more complex. The current chi blocker moves are rather boring and shallow. I believe this would make chi have a lot more depth.

HydroMan

Verified Member
BTW, @Easte ,don't you think it's time to give look into prefix? I saw you turned one of the four threads that are connected to this idea a looking into stamph

Moonelight

Verified Member
BTW, @Easte ,don't you think it's time to give look into prefix? I saw you turned one of the four threads that are connected to this idea a looking into stamph
Tagging staff in threads doesn't get the Prefix changed any faster. So I suggest you stop, it also becomes sort of annoying.
Placed Pending Review because there hasn't been a decision made on whether or not this idea is suit for Looking Into or Denied yet.

Janny

Verified Member
This is mearly making chi blocking more realistic and more complex. The current chi blocker moves are rather boring and shallow. I believe this would make chi have a lot more depth.
If you want that, then how about you don't remove what was special about chiblocking. Just add these other features.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
If you want that, then how about you don't remove what was special about chiblocking. Just add these other features.
What was so special before? Chi was bland and two-dimensional. We aren't getting rid of stances, smokescreen, etc, we are just making the class more interesting.

Hero

Verified Member
You do realize that im a chiblocker most of the time when I play on servers, so im not nerfimg chiblockers. Im just trying to make chi fun for everyone.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
Maybe you shouldn't really do knuckle. The only time you ever use that is if you are going for the neck, because a full fist will hit the chin, other than that most of the time you just hurt your hand.

Hero

Verified Member
Maybe you shouldn't really do knuckle. The only time you ever use that is if you are going for the neck, because a full fist will hit the chin, other than that most of the time you just hurt your hand.
Actually, you use your knuckle in almost every pressure point in the body. You really only strike the neck if your hand is in a striking motion.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
Actually, you use your knuckle in almost every pressure point in the body. You really only strike the neck if your hand is in a striking motion.
Yeah... pressure points don't work in a fight IRL... and I see jabs whenever they use chi blocking in the show.

Hero

Verified Member
Yeah... pressure points don't work in a fight IRL... and I see jabs whenever they use chi blocking in the show.
Im trying to keept this canon.... plus it wouldnt hurt to have more base moves. Base Moves = Combos

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
Im trying to keept this canon.... plus it wouldnt hurt to have more base moves. Base Moves = Combos
How of the chi blocking I saw in the show was with jabs, and too many base moves are confusing.

Hero

Verified Member
How of the chi blocking I saw in the show was with jabs, and too many base moves are confusing.
Im going to keep five base moves.
Chiblocking were precise jabs that involved fingers and knuckles.
And you said that pressure points dont work in real life, but there is an ancient martial art called Varma Kalai

Hero

Verified Member
Jab and Punch confuses me. They look the same to me. Are you referring it as a poke or as a punch?
Like I said, most of the time, I memt Jab as in Knuckle. I just decided to keep both of them so I can come up with more combos.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
Im going to keep five base moves.
Chiblocking were precise jabs that involved fingers and knuckles.
And you said that pressure points dont work in real life, but there is an ancient martial art called Varma Kalai
But when you punch you hit with your knuckles anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.