• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Youtube Developing Tutorial

Should I do this?

• Total voters

jedk1

So I was taking a shower earlier... and I had an idea. I could start a YouTube channel with tutorials to teach people how to make bending moves! How many people would be interested in me doing this?

The first tutorials would show how to make a basic FireBall move. (Unlike Blazes' this one will actually fire a fireball, track it and deal with entity damage).

Then other tutorials would cover how to use the API etc.

Majorite

Verified Member
I think this would a very nice thing to do. It could grab attention from more than just people looking to create a bending move, so it may help expand the community. I say go for it. :)

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
If you need help with anything like demonstrations I can help!

Also love the idea Jed

jedk1

Hmm. Before I dig into this idea, can anyone suggest me:
  • A good desktop screen recorder (Free or Paid)
  • Things you want to see in the videos
  • A good video editor

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
  • Things you want to see in the videos
  • A good video editor
Isn't ezvid a good recorder?

HydroMan

Verified Member
  • A good video editor
* Bandicam ,which not only it records a fullscreen ,but you can configure it on what part of the screen you wanna record
* SLV Pro 13 ,its hard to get use it at first (due to the complicated setup) but there is tutorial on how to use it ,which i can send a link to it

Sorin

Verified Member
Jed this would be awesome i have been tryin to figure out how to code a move but i just can't like i can never figure it out, this would help a lot of people. I beg you to do dis. But the screen recorder i think would be best might be ZD Soft Screen Recorder. there is probably a better one.

NotchItUp

Verified Member
Please make this happen dude, I plan on making a server soon with some custom moves and would love it if I could make them on my own!! :D

NotchItUp

Verified Member
Also if you could I'd love it if you sent me a link to your channel so I can subscribe beforehand.

Unionjackjz1

Verified Member
im probs gonna make a new channel for it.

Edit: I will also probably start this weekend or something
Okay, I am 100% for this. I think you should do this.

But, as I am learning to code, I know how frustrating it is to make a plugin for the first time. (Spending 24 hours making a simple chat plugin and still no progress). So, lets take my plugin as an example.

I send the plugin to you that doesn't work. You fix it up, tell me what I did wrong (EX - caps are in the wrong place), and send it back. I say thank you and give you a hug.

Do this its an amazing idea xD

jedk1

btw if i start this i will probably start
Okay, I am 100% for this. I think you should do this.

But, as I am learning to code, I know how frustrating it is to make a plugin for the first time. (Spending 24 hours making a simple chat plugin and still no progress). So, lets take my plugin as an example.

I send the plugin to you that doesn't work. You fix it up, tell me what I did wrong (EX - caps are in the wrong place), and send it back. I say thank you and give you a hug.

Do this its an amazing idea xD
er... no. I will be showing how to do things, not "Im gonna fix yo shit"

Unionjackjz1

Verified Member
btw if i start this i will probably start

er... no. I will be showing how to do things, not "Im gonna fix yo shit"
:( You know people will get their code wrong somewhere (Missing a space somewhere) and we don't know that cuz we can't code! We watch what you do and try out best to replicate. xD