• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

WaterVortex

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Name: *read the title*
Element: Watoaaahh/Combo
Type: Defensive
ComboFormula: WaterSpout > Torrent (Hold Shift) > (switch to waterspout)
Purpose/Function: After the activation, the combo will proceed making a vortex of water that will spin around you. It will grow and become widther each time per second. Any players that gets caught or hears towards it, will get sucked in it and swirld around it 5 times. After those times has passed, the player will be shot out of it from a diffrent direction, leaving a large knockback. The player however will be shot to the nearest ground, where he will slide backwards along it, so you couldn't really injured him of falldamage, except for the walldamage if he gets launched to the ground and slides up to 3 blocks where it gets to the blocks stacked are at the end.
In-Game Gif: I had hard time explaining this, so i will show you a gif in game how this would look like.
The total size of the vortex would be: x=7; y=#depending of height of the waterspout, itwould be the same of the spout; z=7
You can see that the vortex each time becomes widther by 2 blocks, meaning that it starts from 3x3 blocks width and ending to 7x7 blocks width, and in between - 5x5.
Note: This gif loop isn't short, as this gif shows how many times that vortex will spin the target inside it before it shoots out of it. I suggest you continue to watch this gif after atleast 20 seconds has passed to see the all finished/completed loop
Shoutout goes to @TheWaterSpirit for helping to demonstrate the move that is shown in these two gif. (The Guy who performs the vortex&being sucked it, as you might have guessed by the nametag ;) ). Thank you, WaterSpirit :).

Canon:

Interaction between other moves:
  • WaterSpout - by moving towards outside of it will allow you to go pass throught it unharmed; FireJet - when toggle, you will be then launched outwards from it, but won't burst further more because of the water extinguising his/hers flames;
  • Twister - by launching it straight through the Vortex; FireBurst (during day time) - use from within in; "Grappling Hooks" (not sure if it is considered as a move) - when grabbing onto another block and pulling yourself to it while caught by the vortex (block must be from the outside of the vortex); EarthSmash - by hitting the vortex; Charge Airswipe - while inside of the Vortex;
Limitations:
  • However like the normal waterspout, with WaterVortex activated you can't move around while on it, as you are stuck being in one place all the time, but you can change an height over. An Huge advantage over this is that any move that deals knockback to the user won't effect the user, leaving him unmoved.
  • There would be duration for this on how long the vortex will last and after when the cooldown would appear.

Last edited:

Jesus P.

Verified Member
Nice! But it seems a bit too over powered. Will this ability be stoppable? And how long is the cooldown? Overall, nice job man! :D

promancer

Verified Member
I think moves like airswipe and all the elemental spouts should be able to get through it. The reason I chose airswipe specifically is because of its wide range, but other large moves like earthsmash and shockwave should go through. If this fails though, this should totally be one of the first avatar combos. Something like surge hold shift>waterspout right click>tornado left click>tornado hold shift.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Nice! But it seems a bit too over powered. Will this ability be stoppable? And how long is the cooldown? Overall, nice job man! :D
It will be stopable by some way but I haven't thought about this combo much, I'll let you know. CoolDown could ranged around 30-60 seconds.

Verified Member
i actual suggested something like this but -the combo and - the water spout but i couldn't find a way to balance it so good job :D

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Name: *read the title*
Element: Watoaaahh/Combo
Type: Defensive
ComboFormula: WaterSpout > Torrent (Hold Shift) > (switch to waterspout)
Purpose/Function: After the activation, the combo will proceed making a vortex of water that will spin around you. It will grow and become widther each time per second. Any players that gets caught or hears towards it, will get sucked in it and swirld around it 5 times. After those times has passed, the player will be shot out of it from a diffrent direction, leaving a large knockback. The player however will be shot to the nearest ground, where he will slide backwards along it, so you couldn't really injured him of falldamage, except for the walldamage if he gets launched to the ground and slides up to 3 blocks where it gets to the blocks stacked are at the end.
In-Game Gif: I had hard time explaining this, so i will show you a gif in game how this would look like.
The total size of the vortex would be: x=7; y=#depending of height of the waterspout, itwould be the same of the spout; z=7
You can see that the vortex each time becomes widther by 2 blocks, meaning that it starts from 3x3 blocks width and ending to 7x7 blocks width, and in between - 5x5.
Note: This gif loop isn't short, as this gif shows how many times that vortex will spin the target inside it before it shoots out of it. I suggest you continue to watch this gif after atleast 20 seconds has passed to see the all finished/completed loop
Shoutout goes to @TheWaterSpirit for helping to demonstrate the move that is shown in these two gif. (The Guy who performs the vortex&being sucked it, as you might have guessed by the nametag ;) ). Thank you, WaterSpirit :).

Canon:

Interaction between other moves:
  • WaterSpout - by moving towards outside of it will allow you to go pass throught it unharmed; FireJet - when toggle, you will be then launched outwards from it, but won't burst further more because of the water extinguising his/hers flames;
  • Twister - by launching it straight through the Vortex; FireBurst (during day time) - use from within in; "Grappling Hooks" (not sure if it is considered as a move) - when grabbing onto another block and pulling yourself to it while caught by the vortex (block must be from the outside of the vortex); EarthSmash - by hitting the vortex; Charge Airswipe - while inside of the Vortex;
Limitations:
  • However like the normal waterspout, with WaterVortex activated you can't move around while on it, as you are stuck being in one place all the time, but you can change an height over. An Huge advantage over this is that any move that deals knockback to the user won't effect the user, leaving him unmoved.
  • There would be duration for this on how long the vortex will last and after when the cooldown would appear.

God damn, that is big... Can we downsize it to a 3x3 spout.... I mean, that thing is the size of a tower

This is what I mean by a 3x3 spout..

HydroMan

Verified Member

God damn, that is big... Can we downsize it to a 3x3 spout.... I mean, that thing is the size of a tower

This is what I mean by a 3x3 spout..
Well, the vortex size will depend on the length of the body of water is below it. I just showed you the maximium size it could be, as Korra did show that every water could make it that big without the use of avatarstate.

Status
Not open for further replies.