• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete Waterspout animation!

Do you think this should be added?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterFan99

Verified Member
All of you water bending fans i'm sure you all know waterspout isn't exactly as everyone wants it. So i'm gonna suggest making an animation for waterspout to make it feel like a propelling spout of water. It might be tricky, but i'm sure it's possible! the default spout is too boring and calm.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
It really isn't possible. This has been suggested multiple times. It can only be done with the one block thing unless you want a lag bomb of particles.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
It really isn't possible. This has been suggested multiple times. It can only be done with the one block thing unless you want a lag bomb of particles.
Pickle, no particles are needed actually...
In the series, waterspouts always hang a bit too the side... Maybe we could do the same for the plugin?
For example, when you move left, first then top part would move left, then the middle and then the bottom

Gahshunk

Verified Member
The main problem with the Minecraft engine is that... well.. blocks. It should be understood that plugins can only take what resources are already in Minecraft and bend them into something else. Plugins cannot create custom items, animations, mobs, effects, particles, and the like. A swirling vortex just isn't possible.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
The main problem with the Minecraft engine is that... well.. blocks. It should be understood that plugins can only take what resources are already in Minecraft and bend them into something else. Plugins cannot create custom items, animations, mobs, effects, particles, and the like. A swirling vortex just isn't possible.
I know what you mean. I understand you. This suggestion isn't possible but perhaps what I said is:
Pickle, no particles are needed actually...
In the series, waterspouts always hang a bit too the side... Maybe we could do the same for the plugin?
For example, when you move left, first then top part would move left, then the middle and then the bottom
We've always seen waterspout like this. When the bender moves the spout, it begins to hang a bit til the whole spout is moving.

Gahshunk

Verified Member
I know what you mean. I understand you. This suggestion isn't possible but perhaps what I said is:

We've always seen waterspout like this. When the bender moves the spout, it begins to hang a bit til the whole spout is moving.
Ahh, I get'cha. I kind of like the idea. I'd like it more if it wouldn't look so awkward with just a random looking Tetris block shift, but oh well. :p

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Ahh, I get'cha. I kind of like the idea. I'd like it more if it wouldn't look so awkward with just a random looking Tetris block shift, but oh well. :p
:p
But it would look more like you "drag" it instead of a derby stream of water at your feet. That's what has been bothering me c:

Gahshunk

Verified Member
I don't know, I feel like using a few particles near the top to represent all the splashing between the spout and the player might remedy that... slightly.

Hero

Verified Member
It actually happened before, its just illegal at the moment...

Dylsnake

Verified Member
There could be more than one animation for waterspout and there could be a command for changing it quickly.
Heres and e.g if the animation for the water spout is laggy and the owner wants it to stop lagging then he/she could change it to a new animation with the command and it could be like this /bending options waterspout {animation name/number here}

Kade

Verified Member
I remember Orion actually having this on his server, it was a nice effect and didn't lag at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.