• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

WaterSpiral - WaterSpout addon

Status
Not open for further replies.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
Introduction:
WaterSpout has been known to be a complex waterbending move that has been performed by Master Waterbenders. Utilizing their water to escalate themselves from the ground. This move is great especially for attacking in a state where your powerful. ProjectKorra recently updated and reanimated waterspout to have the option of the spiraling effects. Why not take it a step further?

Problem:
When waterbenders get in waterspout, they always have to stoop lower just to select a source to attack leaving themselves vulnerable to attacks from their foes. This weakens the use of waterspout especially in an offensive way.

Changes:
My proposal is to change waterspout to make it diverse in a defensive and offensive way. Like water can change their defense to offence. When a waterbender reaches a configurable amount of blocks above their waterspout source or exceeds the limit of the waterspout, they are able to use waterbending moves without selecting a source. Although they do not need to select a source, it does take longer for the waterbending move to actually work because the waterbender is grabbing water from below and pulling it towards them by spiraling upwards their waterspout, but the closer the waterbender is to the waterspout source, the quicker it'll take rather than being super high.

Still Confused?
I will make it easier to understand if you are still confused.

Waterbenders, when in a certain amount of blocks above the water source of their waterspout, can pull water upwards their spout without needing to select a source, but the water ability may take longer to even start working depending on their height.

Jackson

Staff member
Digital Team
Verified Member
That's already water spout if you use it, it spirals around.

Unionjackjz1

Verified Member
**I'm bumping this because I like the idea**

Actually, this is a really cool idea. Being able to bend the spirals of your waterspout would be a nice addition to water. I'm terrible at retaining information I read, so you might have stated this, but maybe your waterspout can "Run Out" after to many uses? It will die out and you will fall because you used up all of the water.

Nice idea fear, I really like this.

Hero

Verified Member

Actually, this is a really cool idea. Being able to bend the spirals of your waterspout would be a nice addition to water. I'm terrible at retaining information I read, so you might have stated this, but maybe your waterspout can "Run Out" after to many uses? It will die out and you will fall because you used up all of the water.

This is already suggested.....

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
I really like this idea, but it would promote water campers...

I desagree, though, with the waiting for the water to get close to you. I think that it should be like bottlebending: the speed of taking out the water out from the bottles should be the same as the speed it takes to take water from the spout.

On the other hand, and in order to prevent spaming abilities, it should take a "balance meter". If, per example, you are in your WaterSpout launching five Torrents in a row, your WaterSpout should start shaking (particles should start splashing around the waterbender) and fall out. As you keep focusing in the attacks, you can't focus in the same time in keeping your Spout stable. So, in order to prevent from falling, you would change to your WaterSpout slot and keep in there for like three seconds. Of course, if you don't, your Spout is destroyed. This would make the waterbender think before he starts shooting WaterManipulation blasts at his foe like there is no tomorrow.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
This is already suggested.....
I actually looked into other waterspout suggestions and this suggestion might be similar to others but my concept is different.
I really like this idea, but it would promote water campers...

I desagree, though, with the waiting for the water to get close to you. I think that it should be like bottlebending: the speed of taking out the water out from the bottles should be the same as the speed it takes to take water from the spout.

On the other hand, and in order to prevent spaming abilities, it should take a "balance meter". If, per example, you are in your WaterSpout launching five Torrents in a row, your WaterSpout should start shaking (particles should start splashing around the waterbender) and fall out. As you keep focusing in the attacks, you can't focus in the same time in keeping your Spout stable. So, in order to prevent from falling, you would change to your WaterSpout slot and keep in there for like three seconds. Of course, if you don't, your Spout is destroyed. This would make the waterbender think before he starts shooting WaterManipulation blasts at his foe like there is no tomorrow.
This could be edited by the developers, whatever makes the community happy and waterbending balanced :)

well you are using water sources that your waterspout uses. If you dont understand, just picture bottlebending on waterspout but a little slower depending on your height. Also, I dont intend to support water camping and spamming.

Hero

Verified Member
I actually looked into other waterspout suggestions and this suggestion might be similar to others but my concept is different.

This could be edited by the developers, whatever makes the community happy and waterbending balanced :)

well you are using water sources that your waterspout uses. If you dont understand, just picture bottlebending on waterspout but a little slower depending on your height. Also, I dont intend to support water camping and spamming.
If your concept is to use Waterspout as a source, @Easte already suggested it. ;_;

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
If your concept is to use Waterspout as a source, @Easte already suggested it. ;_;
" Using the same water source that waterspout uses (like a lake) and pulling water from that source upward your waterspout to be able to perform offensive and defensive waterbending moves whilst in the air with waterspout... "

Hero

Verified Member
" Using the same water source that waterspout uses (like a lake) and pulling water from that source upward your waterspout to be able to perform offensive and defensive waterbending moves whilst in the air with waterspout... "
So using waterspout as a source...

Zafkiel

Verified Member
I never stated Water Spout being a source. " Grabbing water from the same water source your waterspout uses.. " is different from " Using waterspout as a waterbending source to waterbend midair... "
Yeah but wouldn't this result in the same thing ...

Status
Not open for further replies.