• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

WaterSmash(watercombo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

orfeas

Verified Member
First things first:I am sure you are going to say that this is a copy of watersmash,a private move on a server.Now i had this idea long before i learnt about it,and i have not even seen how it works.I am pretty sure it is very different too.Also it is not meant to copy waterflow.Also i want to mention that i think that this move should be added because we have seen waterbenders move huge amounts of water even in day time,and water is the only element that does not have a ''big'' move(air has tornado,fire fireburst,earth earthsmash)

Now this is inspired by the move katara used in the catacombs:

The combo:Surge(tap shift)>Water manipulation(tap shift)>Surge(tap shift)

How does the Combo work? :basically when you shift with those moves you need to look at water or ice.The Watersource will be selected by the final taping with torrent.After the source is selected you can start running away from the source(maximum distance 20 blocks) and a large body of water will follow you along your side.Though keep in mind you can not say still for more than 3 seconds while the water is in this form,you need to do the next step(shift)
2015-10-26_20.35.16.png

When you reach a point where you want to attack you have to hold shift and the water body will start rotating around you(like how katara does it).You can only keep the water rotating around you for 15 seconds.It would look like something like this:
To attack you just need to left click at the area you want to attack,while shifting(like torrent)The body of water will not just launch of in the direction you are looking,but it will smash on the ground damaging 2 hearts any entity that it hits.The max range that it can travel/smash is 15-20 blocks.It would look like this(it does not look really good but it can be improved):
2015-10-26_21.18.30.png

To do this you need to keep holding shift.After the first time it smashes the ground,it will return at the bender,rotating again.You can attack one more time and after that the water will vanish.

Moves that can defend this:
Fire burst(we see azula vaporize the water):if the fire burst hits the water,the water will vaporize and the fireburst will disappear.
Anything made out of any material except ice can stop it.(surge ice shield will not,it will just break and watesmash will continue traveling)

Also this could be used as defence,because fire moves,can not go through watersmash(though the firebender can aim the move to not touch the water)
After the user attacks 2 times,or if he stops shifting while the water is rotating around him a 10 second cooldown will start.

Why this is not OP:
1.This is escapable by all the elements since it does not travel like torrent,but it smashes in the ground(with in a distance)
2.fire and earth can block this
3.air and chi can easally escape.

Please tell me your opinion in the comments,and remember this is not a stolen idea!!!!!

PS:this is probably going to get denied or looking into for eternity but i am sure that a cool coder could be inspired by this idea :3

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
I was like thinking of doing this (creating a suggestion), but you beat me to it. :D

I suggest for you to replace torrent over surge in the combo formula, as the torrent hasn't anything to do with the wave thing which resembles alot like surge, and that the torrent ring spinning isn't that aestetic since the ring isn't used for anything (If you would have waterbottles Im saying, it will activate the ring).

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
I suggest for you to replace torrent over surge in the combo formula, as the torrent hasn't anything to do with the wave thing which resembles alot like surge, and that the torrent ring spinning isn't that aestetic since he ring isn't used for anything (If you would have waterbottles Im saying, it will activate the ring).

orfeas

Verified Member
I was like thinking of doing this (creating a suggestion), but you beat me to it. :D

I suggest for you to replace torrent over surge in the combo formula, as the torrent hasn't anything to do with the wave thing which resembles alot like surge, and that the torrent ring spinning isn't that aestetic since he ring isn't used for anything (If you would have waterbottles Im saying, it will activate the ring).
yeah it makes sense and btw you can only use it from water or ice

HydroMan

Verified Member
It would seriously make it fluid. For your combo aspect I want to change a few things that I would like: I think by just holding shift to turn spin water around you, is a bit lazy thing to do for a REAL bender. Like you seen in the gif, she actually turned 360* degree around to turn the water around. So it would be better if you hold shift AND turn your curson around yourself to make it follow you and turnable. Holding shift will just indicated that you wanna seperate it from the source, holding it at the air and allow it to spin with your movement.

And the signature of my gif I found was on reddit.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

To attack you just need to left click at the area you want to attack,while shifting(like torrent)The body of water will not just launch of in the direction you are looking,but it will smash on the ground damaging 2 hearts any entity that it hits.The max range that it can travel/smash is 15-20 blocks.It would look like this(it does not look really good but it can be improved):
Im thinking of left clicking at the target will cause blast at that target (as you see in the gif at her first attempt to knock Azula down). Clicking on the ground will cause the same effect, except a tsunami will form ,infront of the user where it clicked on, that stays and then falls on the target (doesn't travel across the land). With the tsunami you can knock down up to 4 or 6 targets, which blasting this water at ground will be more potential then blasting on a one target.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
To do this you need to keep holding shift.After the first time it smashes the ground,it will return at the bender,rotating again.You can attack one more time and after that the water will vanish.
What would happen if you let go of shift? Since you mention holding shift a few times already, which each of them holds a different purpose function, I'm now confused :I.
yeah it makes sense and btw you can only use it from water or ice
Obviously... Don't forget to mention both things you replied to your main post, so people won't miss the things you said :3
If you applied my idea of the tsunami happening when smashing to the ground, then the water should'nt return to the bender since the water is alreay moving/falling over, as it would be "hard" to bend it and catch it.

Last edited:

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
TL;DR :3

My version is a combo, when you perform it you get a blob of water. When you start running it's dragged to either the left or right side of you. (The closest one) You can alter the distance between you and the water by switching slots. Sneaking will launch it off in the direction you're looking. You can also smash it onto someone by sweeping your cursor across them.

So, ehh, don't know if it is what you thought. xD

HydroMan

Verified Member
It is better not to comment before you read it, since you might say dumbs things that the topic has already mentioned or you'll be talking that is not even related to this thread (done it ,seen it):/. Like how you did now xD.

orfeas

Verified Member
What would happen if you let go of shift? Since you mention holding shift a few times already, which each of them holds a different purpose function, I'm now confused :I.
If you let go of shift the water would dissapear
Im thinking of left clicking at the target will cause blast at that target (as you see in the gif at her first attempt to knock Azula down). Clicking on the ground will cause the same effect, except a tsunami will form ,infront of the user where it clicked on, that stays and then falls on the target (doesn't travel across the land). With the tsunami you can knock down up to 4 or 6 targets, which blasting this water at ground will be more potential then blasting on a one target.
Well ye but i think i like it to be more aggressive like my version,but of course the developers could do it like this to....if they read the comments XD

orfeas

Verified Member
It is better not to comment before you read it, since you might say dumbs things that the topic has already mentioned or you'll be talking that is not even related to this thread (done it ,seen it):/. Like how you did now xD.
btw my skype is orfeas.minas(to send me the server ip)

HydroMan

Verified Member
If you let go of shift the water would dissapear

Well ye but i think i like it to be more aggressive like my version,but of course the developers could do it like this to....if they read the comments XD
What abouty other ideas? ... You didn't comment on them
It would seriously make it fluid. For your combo aspect I want to change a few things that I would like: I think by just holding shift to turn spin water around you, is a bit lazy thing to do for a REAL bender. Like you seen in the gif, she actually turned 360* degree around to turn the water around. So it would be better if you hold shift AND turn your curson around yourself to make it follow you and turnable. Holding shift will just indicated that you wanna seperate it from the source, holding it at the air and allow it to spin with your movement.
If you applied my idea of the tsunami happening when smashing to the ground, then the water should'nt return to the bender since the water is alreay moving/falling over, as it would be "hard" to bend it and catch it.

orfeas

Verified Member
See the problem with this is that in the show the bender could move his hands and still have an eye on his opponent,while if that happened in minecraft,you would not be able to see your target well enough.

HydroMan

Verified Member
See the problem with this is that in the show the bender could move his hands and still have an eye on his opponent,while if that happened in minecraft,you would not be able to see your target well enough.
Yea, but, it doesn't mean that we can't have this addition to make the water turn around as you do. Like how we can do the torrent snake follow our course, we should applied to this as well. Realisim is needed.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I wasn't saying that the bender needs to look at water when (s)he is running at that time. Was I? ;). I want the player to move the water where (s)he turns, so it would'n t be like "whoop, I just sat/crouch my butt down and water turned behind my back and hit the target, without me needing to turn around, as I have my two additional eyes on my back head and my hands&arms can turn 180 degrees corner" :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.