• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied WaterShard + WaterFist/WaterPunch! (New Move And Combo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no denying that Water Bending is lacking offensive moves. So I had an idea for a new Water Move and Combo!

1. Water Shard. This move would be like Earth Shard in a way, you can shift on a water source (bottles don't work) and raise three water bubbles(blocks) that you can shoot at targets

2. Charged Water Shard. You can also hold shift to create one huge water bubble(block) to throw at a target.

3. Water Shard (Ice Shard) An Ice version of this move! it works the same way but when you raise the water and click, you can click again before hitting a target to freeze the shards, which will slow targets when hit.

4. Water Fist/ Water Punch. This combo can be created by using the Charged Water Shard. Once you raise the Water, switch to Water arms and click, this will allow you to carry around two huge fists of water. Once a fist is used it won't come back to the player.

Punch
: Punch your target with two huge fists! (Once clicked the fist won't come back to the player)
Grab: Punch both fists at a target creating a water bubble around them which will let you drag them around in the air, you can click to send them flying or leave the slot to drop them.
Soak: To use soak you need to hold shift for ten seconds, once you see that your two fists have merged into one let go of shift. This will send you flying in the air and send you down when you slam down the fist will push nearby targets back (similar to shockwave or when you hold shift on torrent and let go)

Why do we need this?

I do think that this could please a lot of water benders seeing that water is lacking moves compared to Fire and Earth. I talked to a few people about this and they said that the Water Shard has already been an idea that they wanted too.

negative aspects.
Well, I think a negative would be that you need a water source for this? it might make people upset that they cant use bottles but I think you should be able to use plants for the shard, but if you want to create the charged version then you need a water source

positive aspects.
I do think that this idea will be really cool! I hope people like my suggestion, It just seems like water only has a few moves and I think this would be a great addon to it!

NickC1211

I like the water shard idea but I think it needs a name change. Water doesn't shard unless its ice lol. However I think water punch is similar to water arms

I do think that this could please a lot of water benders seeing that water is lacking moves compared to Fire and Earth. I talked to a few people about this and they said that the Water Shard has already been an idea that they wanted too.
In my stance, it would be practical to look at the quality than the quantity, o fill in the gap of what you see the element is lacking off or why is unfun. Sure, water shard would add nice animation to the bending art, but other than how would it really or with what it would benefit the waterbenders than just wasting the times for developers to create on what we already have (watermanipulation, but what you're suggesting is a duplicate with a 'different aesthetics' skin). As for charge water shard, why not leave with the surge ability still present that does the job already. Same applies to water fist/punch (we have water arms, that ain't no different in practicality from what you propose).

AndDrew

No doubt that this suggestion is very well setup and explains a lot. Good job on that.

But, water is not lacking offensive moves: you’ve got watermanipulation, icespike, iceblast, torrent, octopus form, waterarms (spear, punch, and freeze) and icewave. And that’s only counting vanilla moves, there’s countless more jedcore add-ons.

The truth is that water doesn’t need more moves. I and many others are content with its current move pool.

Last edited:

xNuminousx

icewave, octopus form, waterarms (spear, punch, and freeze), and icewave
You said icewave twice.

I think some of these ideas could inspire water continuity rather than adding MORE moves. Having too many moves can be just as bad as having not enough if you think about it. First, we need to improve on what's already existing; and like I said I think these ideas could help with that.

Heck, waterbending along with other bending arts don't really need new abilities. Current ones need focus in my opinion with tweaks, extentions and stuff.

Heck, waterbending along with other bending arts don't really need new abilities. Current ones need focus in my opinion with tweaks, extentions and stuff.
I completely agree.
The current moves are perfect to a point. I'm sure they can still use some fixes, and new versions may roll out with these fixes.

Waterbending is fine as it is, it's not meant to be an insanely overpowered element with an overwhelming amount of offensive moves.
Leave that to fire ;)

~Synn

NickC1211

I think that the amount of moves is fine although we can always use more combos. We need to focus less on adding moves and more on making the moves we have flow together

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
This suggestion's concept is oddly superfluous when you look at the existing water attack moves, and I do agree water does need more offensive moves, that can also be used defensively, like lets say you have a fictional WaterSphere, it can't be a mere projectile. Things that can provide cohesion and chain with each other are the types of moves water needs, and for that reason I have to deny this.

Denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.