• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Watermanipulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydroMan

Verified Member
In honest, I have never seen a waterbender performing a technique so called watermanipulation. What I mean, Waterbenders always from the show streamed the water or pulled to near themselves before launching their projectile. Am I missing something? If not, than I'm probably saying the real truth.

So what I'm atcually suggesting? Either one of the two options (below) must be added as a change for the ability:
  1. Waterbenders should only be able to shoot watermanip. projectile when launching from 7 blocks from himself, like the current aspect of watermanipulation. If they shoot it from a source, that is 8 blocks or more, the water will be heading backwards to the user, doing a hemisphere shape turn behind his back, than heading to its cource where the user clicked at.
  2. Waterbenders should only be able to shoot watermanip. projectile when launching from 7 blocks from himself.
Note: this does not change how far a bender can shoot watermanipulation. This changes from where they can launch it.

Pros:
  • Corresponds to the canon attribute of watermanipulation
  • People will stop complaining of having their ass-woop by a waterbenders when they are in a great distance, but being shoot infront while they(victims) are swimming in a big body of water/ocean.
  • Has some logy behind this.
Cons:
  • Greatly nerfed
  • Option 1); might take time for a projectile to be drawn the watermanipulation, while shooting it - not. Might become problem,

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
It is better then what we currently have, but the problem would still be the same: a player is in water near you and you just spam shift and left click. A solution to this would be: the farthest the WaterManipulation cames from, the bigger the damage. The closest to the target, the least the damage.

Let's say you shoot a Manip at me from 7 blocks away from me. Damage dealt: one and a half hearts.
One block from me: half a heart.

HydroMan

Verified Member
This seems like another suggestion you are requesting.
a player is in water near you and you just spam shift and left click
< if I understood, you are saying that it still leaves the so called prominent problem - watermanip. spamm.

I would prefer it is was opposite. The Further it is shot, the least damage is dealt. Because players can barely reach the land while not be killed when they are swimming in water (not as a waterbender).

Again, what we are discussting has nothing to do with this original thread.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I notice that in the show thar their bending (element's shape) is almost the size of their body, not counting the day&night factor and the avatarstate. One of the reasons raiseearth in the shown wasn't higher than 2 meters, has their arms couldn't extend further and higher which the final outcome of them corresponds to the eartwalls height. Which that brings me to another speculation, that their bendable element must be near following their hands/legs that they bend it with, before launching the projectile/somethi g away or stopping/placing.

Loony

Verified Member
Watermanipulation happened all the time in the show lol. The majority of the time when it seemed the waterbender brought the watermanip closer to themselves is because it had to come from their source, past them and directed to the person they're firing at.

Watermanipulation is fine as it is and it is canon. Thread denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.