• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied [WaterCombos] Huge Modification

Status
Not open for further replies.

jedk1

That should be editted I think. Waterbending is sometimes really OP at full moon... o-o
Or is that configrable?
its editable in the config
Yes please. c: a few edits:

-You can switch between Surgeshield, Ocotpusform, Torren and waterwave while holding shift (not needing to select a new source)

-When you waterwaved and it stops you can switch to the Torrent, octopusform or surgeshield slot and hold shift to reuse the water from the waterwave.

These are a few suggestions that were suggested a long time ago, maybe we could bring everything that has to do with fluidity in waterbending to one thread.

-
Stop being lazy
I think the other elements should get steadily more powerful to balance it out, how is that not a good idea?
if you are basing this of beta builds, remember beta builds arent full builds. so there will be some things that seem unfair atm

owlcool

Verified Member
Yes please. c: a few edits:

-You can switch between Surgeshield, Ocotpusform, Torren and waterwave while holding shift (not needing to select a new source)

-When you waterwaved and it stops you can switch to the Torrent, octopusform or surgeshield slot and hold shift to reuse the water from the waterwave.

These are a few suggestions that were suggested a long time ago, maybe we could bring everything that has to do with fluidity in waterbending to one thread.

-
I say that octopusform should not be included in this. It is completely different from torrent/surge, and would require a lot of coding to actually get the tentacles to retract and get the water to part into a stream, and then raise it up to your height. It just doesn't seem like the thing a waterbender would automatically do, and octopusform was only shown twice so there isn't a lot to work with here.

6tijn

Verified Member
I say that octopusform should not be included in this. It is completely different from torrent/surge, and would require a lot of coding to actually get the tentacles to retract and get the water to part into a stream, and then raise it up to your height. It just doesn't seem like the thing a waterbender would automatically do, and octopusform was only shown twice so there isn't a lot to work with here.
Yeah, maybe that would be better. I actually thought that when torrent changes to octopusform would work like bottlbending. Torrent disappears into one waterblock which transforms into octopusform, so there's not reallyan animation for the changing between those 2... But you're kinda right.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Yeah, maybe that would be better. I actually thought that when torrent changes to octopusform would work like bottlbending. Torrent disappears into one waterblock which transforms into octopusform, so there's not reallyan animation for the changing between those 2... But you're kinda right.
or the torrent goes down to our feet level and bam!, octopus ready

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
All of this water reuse stuff is getting pretty annoying... Guys, it's not hard to just have sources such as bottles (in survival).. Just avoid getting yourself stuck into an area without water and you'll be fine!
I mean, waterbenders can easily pull an earthbender into water and just destroy them due to a lack of source..

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
But at some time, you won't have water. Look at Katara when the Gaang went to see the Earth King. Shw could simply drop the water she already had on her arms and get more from the river that was passing by. Why didn't she? Because it was a waste of time and she wouldnt be attentive to incoming attacks :/

Last edited:

owlcool

Verified Member
But at some time, you won't wavewater. Look at Katara when the Gaang went to see the Earth King. Shw could simply drop the water she already had on her arms and get more from the river that was passing by. Why didn't she? Because it was a waste of time and she wouldnt be attentive to incoming attacks :/
Because it is like octopusform, why would you stop using octopusform in a area where you know there are tons of bow snipers, and take more water from nearby?

6tijn

Verified Member
With this, watermanipulation spam could decrease. Watermanipulation is one of the most spammed moves of the whole plugin... :/ I think because of these combos, octopusform and torrent would get used more. And more strategy. For example, you could set up waterwave, then 'waterwave' to your opponent, transform your waterwave in octopusform and hit them. Now, everyone sees you coming with that slow move, so easy to evade and attack.

The only big strategy that waterbending uses, is positioning strategy, which is basicly trying to get at the rigth spot to spam watermanipulation...

Waterbending is now so spammy and rigid. I'd like to see more fluidity and strategy in it. These things could help with that. I know, watermanip is water's 'main' move, but how it is used now is so different from the show.

Plantbenidng for example. Now if you fight a waterbender, you have to evade any types of plants, because if you get near them, you die inmediantly because of watermanip spam. In the show, plantbending made more sense. There, water benders would use the water of the plants and bring it to them, and then use it for various things. If someone stood on grass, they didn't blast watermanipulations from the ground they stood on. That wouldn't even have worked well.

6tijn

Verified Member
Look through the whole video, and look how Kya reuses her water.

There was only 1 water source in the room where she recognized Zaheer. She used the water from that source for:
1) Some sort of small torrent, which was blocked by Zaheer though.
2) Shooting those ice chards
3) reused it for her water arms, and use those to grab Zaheer and preventing him from fleeing, smashing him in the pool.

Later:
1) she uses waterwave and goes towards Zaheer
2) she blasts her waterwave at Zaheer
3) She reuses the water she used for her waterwave as a torrent, well she was going to until she was hit (;

Was she OP? No. She even lost the fight.

Here you see that Katara used her octopusform to create a waterwave, so basicly one of the combos that are listed on the thread.

skip to 4:04

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
One thing I thought about this is:
-if we have waterbottles, we can make torrent.
-torrent's ring is the same for waterwave
-so waterwave should:
* be able to be bottlebended
* be reconfigured in the form it is right now.
This with or without my idea, should be considered.

6tijn

Verified Member
Bottle bending atm doesn't make much sense though. In the show, it was only used for

1) healing
2) small attacks like small watermanips
3) freezing poeple or covering the ground with a thin layer of ice
maybe more i dont remember c;

In the plugin:
1) surge that are able to push opponents far away.
2) create huges masses of water, (like release torrent)
and more.

So I think that, if this gets added, more moves shouldn't be bottle bendable, so it balances out. If you combine these combos with bottle bending, it's OP.
I think waterbending would use so more strategy and tactics with these changes instead of the rigid (spammy?) unfluid way it is now.

owlcool

Verified Member
Bottle bending atm doesn't make much sense though. In the show, it was only used for

1) healing
2) small attacks like small watermanips
3) freezing poeple or covering the ground with a thin layer of ice
maybe more i dont remember c;

In the plugin:
1) surge that are able to push opponents far away.
2) create huges masses of water, (like release torrent)
and more.

So I think that, if this gets added, more moves shouldn't be bottle bendable, so it balances out. If you combine these combos with bottle bending, it's OP.
I think waterbending would use so more strategy and tactics with these changes instead of the rigid (spammy?) unfluid way it is now.
Katara did a lot more with bottlebending actually, I thought this had already been established. Surge is just a small wave, not a foot wide, but is made out of blocks for it to look right and maybe cause less lag. At the very least katara performed a waterwave from a bottle, which you can't do in the plugin.

6tijn

Verified Member
My memory is a bit vague when it's about TLA, so you're probably right.

Maybe there should be, somehow, limits with these combos when mixed with bottlebending.

Just to note: If you add waterwave to bottlebending, you fly endlessly with it, so it'd need a big cooldown though. Infinite watewave would be Op for sure..

One thing im concerned about is that these combos could turn out OP in combination with bottlebending, but there are sure solutiions for that though.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
So WaterWave is out? Because if you can torrent with bottle, you just need to switch to waterspout and "Weeeey!"... waterwave should get off from this, or at least, when the water used is bottlebended.

6tijn

Verified Member
that wasn't really a waterwave, just a ramp though... If waterwave would be bottle bendable, it would need a serious cooldown.

6tijn

Verified Member
You should edit something

When you do waterwave, use that move and turn it into octopus or torrent afterwards, you could switch back to waterwave= endless waterwaves...
There should be a sort of limit that you can only use max 3 different moves with ONE watersource and that it have to be different moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.