• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Waterbubble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green

Verified Member
Move: Waterbubble

Waterbubble should have an addition to left/right click to have a bubble half the size as normal, this means you can sprint and such. Left/right click to deactivate.

Last edited:

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Seems just like it is now except you want to to be a click to toggle.... If it was click to toggle then you could use other waterbending, or other elements if you are avatar, which seems really unrealistic. I think it should remain shift so that your FOCUS is on the water bubble, which is what it would be in the Avatar universe.

Green

Verified Member
No you wouldn't be able to switch slots or it would go away...... They were not squatting down while they were doing it, they were slowing walking....

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Move: Waterbubble

Waterbubble should be activated by left click and give you slowness 2. That's all
In the series Katara was able to ride Appa yet keep a water bubble around him. So this would make sense a little. Maybe do it so you have to continuously click (like the 2nd form of fire shield) instead of sneaking so you can still ride animals if you wish, and not doing anything and giving slowness 2 is not very accurate to the series.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Her riding Appa doesn't make it any different. The point is that if it was a toggle on/off move, like avatar state for example, the player would be able to switch to other moves. The spam left click is not needed and a little ridiculous. Shifting shows concentration which is what the move requires in a reality.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
He just said that the user's waterbubble will toggle off when switched to another slot. I think this is a great suggestion, cuz i will be able to piggy and horse ride across the ocean. Lets not forget about airbubble too - one goes for every other. I personally would like to have crouch switch rather as a left click. To me that makes much more sense, because the bending is focusing to manipulate the water around him, hence why upon releasing it with torrent launches a circular wave surrounding the player.

Last edited:

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Well is it possible to make it so when your riding something you only need to click?

Green

Verified Member
I don't get why you need to be shifting the whole time.... It is inconvenient with minecraft because you have to jump and stuff to get over a block..... You are still "concentrating" because you aren't switching slots and when you click like with a sword it would be de-activated....

Green

Verified Member
The only reason why they would usually go slow underwater is because they were in a group and everyone had to stay in the certain area....

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
The only reason why they would usually go slow underwater is because they were in a group and everyone had to stay in the certain area....
^ He is right
I don't get why you need to be shifting the whole time.... It is inconvenient with minecraft because you have to jump and stuff to get over a block..... You are still "concentrating" because you aren't switching slots and when you click like with a sword it would be de-activated....
Another problem with the sneaking is the fact that fast swim is activated by it. So if you have a laggy server that doesn't render waterbubble fast enough you end up fastswimming away.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I would like to sort of bring this back by saying the click function should be added as an extension to water bubble. When you left click or right click, whatever you want, it will make a smaller version of water bubble. Able to surround you and what ever you are riding in a bubble. But when you hold shift it will make the current, larger water bubble.

Green

Verified Member
I would like to sort of bring this back by saying the click function should be added as an extension to water bubble. When you left click or right click, whatever you want, it will make a smaller version of water bubble. Able to surround you and what ever you are riding in a bubble. But when you hold shift it will make the current, larger water bubble.
YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Oh, and for a little logic behind my thinking, i think a simple click for such a large mass of water is too simple of a technique. So that's why i suggest the click be a smaller version where the shift is a larger version.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I was thinking of the principle "the longer you sneak - the bigger it gets/reaches maximum size", then left click to sustain/lock it onto your chosen size. This makes the bending experience more intuitive, allowing the player to choose the approprate size to himself.

Another feature I have in mind (I'll post it in another thread), right clicking an entity shold give off water breathing status effect. Talking about appa's experience, this idea came to my mind. For a realistic look, the mob's/player's head will be covered in a air block and through out the underwater journal that block will follow him/it

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I also like how you guys pay no attention to airbubble. Afterall, it is exact same thing, so it's reasonable to give it the same change.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I figured these ideas would apply to anything that is exactly the same as it. Most of the time there isn't something the same but in this case there is. I would like to actually see air bubble implemented into air shield or vis versa. I see no point in keeping them separate when they are the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.