• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied WaterBubble Feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
While bending water from rain might be a tedious, inefficient and the least potential concept to executed amount with some other almost-impossible feats, maybe its possible at least to create a gap of "air" in its radius?

From my specutations, I believe this feature can be achieved through changing the tempature (*crosses fingers for a dev to confirm of it being do-able*) of the biome the user is currently standing in, in which the SWITCH/change would extend accordingly to the WaterBubble's radius value from the config file. However, before that could happen, this event trigger if the systematic check is done with a positive result return. The Check, and the positive result, should be 'is the temperature 0.15-0.95? ~ Yes'. The Same goes for snow, with its respective temperature result (x < 0.15).

@OmniCypher ?

P.S. Before anyone gives me a hint that "lol you can't turn rain off under graphics", what's the fun of not having any eastern eggs from the show? That will add a nice touch to the game. Not only that, the rain DOES have some effect tothe enviroment (pour water in cauldrons, increase the mob spawn rate). With this feature, you'll be able to prevent/nullify those things for your own benefit or others (if they are under the 'bubble'). Besides, with rain turn off under the graphics option makes you assume that the rain is gone or you cannot know for sure If it is still going or cleared away. :p

Last edited:

xNuminousx

Verified Member
While bending water from rain might be a tedious, inefficient and the least potential concept to executed amount with some other almost-impossible feats, maybe its possible at least to create a gap of "air" in its radius?

From my specutations, I believe this feature can be achieved through changing the tempature (*crosses fingers for a dev to confirm of it being do-able*) of the biome the user is currently standing in, in which the SWITCH/change would extend accordingly to the WaterBubble's radius value from the config file. However, before that could happen, this event trigger if the systematic check is done with a positive result return. The Check, and the positive result, should be 'is the temperature 0.15-0.95? ~ Yes'. The Same goes for snow, with its respective temperature result (x < 0.15).

@OmniCypher ?

P.S. Before anyone gives me a hint that "lol you can't turn rain off under graphics", what's the fun of not having any eastern eggs from the show? That will add a nice touch to the game. Not only that, the rain DOES have some effect tothe enviroment (pour water in cauldrons, increase the mob spawn rate). With this feature, you'll be able to prevent/nullify those things for your own benefit or others (if they are under the 'bubble'). Besides, with rain turn off under the graphics option makes you assume that the rain is gone or you cannot know for sure If it is still going or cleared away. :p
What would be the point in doing this? Mobs already don't spawn a certain amount of blocks away from the player and clearing the rain in a LARGE mass for the mob spawn rate to be effected would be tragic...... I personally don't see a purpose for this.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
What would be the point in doing this? Mobs already don't spawn a certain amount of blocks away from the player and clearing the rain in a LARGE mass for the mob spawn rate to be effected would be tragic...... I personally don't see a purpose for this.
Think of it as how EarthGrab got new particles. Ask the same question. One answers: Aesthetics!

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Think of it as how EarthGrab got new particles. Ask the same question. One answers: Aesthetics!
Well that was JUST aesthetics.... By using Water Bubble to remove rain in a certain area, you're adding a whole new aspect. And that aspect becomes null when you consider the effects are already present by default (mob spawning). I just think it's a lot of code/work that will go unappreciated and unused.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Well that was JUST aesthetics.... By using Water Bubble to remove rain in a certain area, you're adding a whole new aspect. And that aspect becomes null when you consider the effects are already present by default (mob spawning). I just think it's a lot of code/work that will go unappreciated and unused.
Well, If they do have to use up a lot of resources and waste a lot of devs free time, then so be it - I won't mind If they dismiss this feature because I see were you/they're coming from.

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer

@OmniCypher ?

Possible? yes. Feasible? no, not really. Biome changes are not something that an MC client will detect until they relog and I am not sure if there is a forcible packet we could propagate out to all players who may see it in order to u[date them. All in all, it is a huge amount of work for a small aesthetic change.

PS: For future reference, rainbending is very simple. As seen in my old condensation addon, it is quite possible. The entire reason I made this addon was to show it was an easy, lightweight, and feasible thing to do with abilities.

Loony

Verified Member
Possible? yes. Feasible? no, not really. Biome changes are not something that an MC client will detect until they relog and I am not sure if there is a forcible packet we could propagate out to all players who may see it in order to u[date them. All in all, it is a huge amount of work for a small aesthetic change.

PS: For future reference, rainbending is very simple. As seen in my old condensation addon, it is quite possible. The entire reason I made this addon was to show it was an easy, lightweight, and feasible thing to do with abilities.
Thanks!
Thread denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.