• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Waterbending Source Move Changes

owlcool

Verified Member
Surge: When you use water it would have the default effects. When you use snow, it would be fluffy, and would give slowness, and would replace the surge water blocks with snow blocks. With ice it would have small shards of ice(icebullet shards in surge water), one per block, and would do half a block of damage with no changes to knockback. It would also naturally be a ice shield when used from a ice source block, and snow to water to ice when from snow. Slowness would last for ten seconds.

Watermanipulation: ice would increase the damage of the watermanipulation, snow and water would be default.

Torrent: torrent when from a ice block would have double damage, and would be solid ice, but it would be twice as slow when moving, when from snow it would do less damage, but it would be much faster, made of snow blocks, and apply slowness for 5 seconds.

I honestly have no idea what buffs plants should have. Feel free to put your thoughts in the comments.
If you disagree or agree with this thread, then post below the problems you think are with this thread, instead of saying something like, I agree with this thread, or I don't believe this is best for waterbenders, and just that.

Last edited:

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
I like the idea, but ice torrent and snow torrent? For the ice it would be "cooler" to put an ice tip instead of all the water to become solid. On the other hand, the snow torrent it would be cool if it was water-made with snow particles *3*

owlcool

Verified Member
I like the idea, but ice torrent and snow torrent? For the ice it would be "cooler" to put an ice tip instead of all the water to become solid. On the other hand, the snow torrent it would be cool if it was water-made with snow particles *3*
The point of the decreased damage is because the snow is softer. Kinda would be less realistic if there were shards of snow in the water and that was making it do less damage.

bossJetthardy

Verified Member
I like it, it makes waterbending more realistic.

Plants should be default considering you are only bending liquid water from them.

HydroMan

Verified Member
This moves seem fun and all ,but what if i want a default move by choosing other resources like ice and snow? Shouldnt i able to extract the water from it and make it as a water move.

Last edited:

owlcool

Verified Member
This moves seem fun and all ,but what if i want a default move by choosing other resources like ice and snow?
Then maybe it could be made if you hold shift on a substance like that for just like 2 seconds, maybe it could be made default. After all, thawing takes time.

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
I kind of like this move. It would satisfy a lot of people that are wanting more Ice/Snow related moves for water benders, one of them being me.Also it adds a lot of differentiation for water bending moves without having to make new moves or even new combos. My only question: Why is this in the RPG Suggestions, and not in the Core Suggestions? That's the only part that confuses me...

owlcool

Verified Member
I kind of like this move. It would satisfy a lot of people that are wanting more Ice/Snow related moves for water benders, one of them being me.Also it adds a lot of differentiation for water bending moves without having to make new moves or even new combos. My only question: Why is this in the RPG Suggestions, and not in the Core Suggestions? That's the only part that confuses me...
Because I thought that this would be more suited for role play, being waterbenders like ice benders would have a different style then foggy swamp plant benders.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Actually i for now agree ,i cant seem remember why was i disagreeng ,lol .Also watermanipulation resembles to icespike projectile ,so am not sure what you mean by "ice increase the demage of watermanipulation ,snow water is default"

owlcool

Verified Member
Actually i for now agree ,i cant seem remember why was i disagreeng ,lol .Also watermanipulation resembles to icespike projectile ,so am not sure what you mean by "ice increase the demage of watermanipulation ,snow water is default"
Ice would be the more damaging of water moves, as it is completely solid. Snow and water would be the same, default for water manipulation.

owlcool

Verified Member
Amm... IceSpike
Then we can get rid of icespike and just keep iceblast, or we can keep icespike and get rid of iceblast and replace it with this!!!! You rly gonna make a big deal out of one move? P.S. Sry for rudeness, but this is just everything that needs to be said.