• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Waterbending Move: Ice Claws

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXturbokidXx

Verified Member
New Water Move:
Ice Claws
Ice Claws; to use, select a water source and hold shift. When you see ice particles (the breaking particles of ice) let go of shift, launching 5 ice spikes at your enemy. (this will somewhat look like airswipe, but with ice breaking particles, smaller, and more apart. There would be 5 lines of this) This would do 2 1/2 hearts of damage and slowness for 3 seconds. This move is blocked by fireshield and the 4 basic attacks, WaterManip, Earthblast, Fireblast, and AirSwipe.

TehPandaKing

Verified Member
Cool but... Doesn't it suck?
Charge time is a thing. And watermanip can do more dps because of the lower cooldown..
I feel like this should be a utility more than an attack.
Maybe you can hold the iceclaws on you, and they function as a bottle with a few uses.
This would make source fighting a lot more interesting, and i might switch back to water
:p
Good idea though!

Chen

Verified Member
Cool but... Doesn't it suck?
Charge time is a thing. And watermanip can do more dps because of the lower cooldown..
I feel like this should be a utility more than an attack.
Maybe you can hold the iceclaws on you, and they function as a bottle with a few uses.
This would make source fighting a lot more interesting, and i might switch back to water
:p
Good idea though!
I can't see using it as a source looking good.

V

Vidcom

Ah, yes. This suggestion. Anyone remember this was all the rage before LoK?
The trouble with MC is it's hard to put things on hands. The Aether mod (yeah we're going that far back) actually fixed this with the Glove addition, but as it is the options for your ice claws are:
1) A block of ice in a guys hand. That's not even claw-like at all, it's just some guys hand frozen together :I
2) NOTHING in a guys hand. This means we have an invisible ability that randomly does damage, because good luck finding the right particle for this move.
3) Some strange item. Ugleh :[

Thanks for the idea though! :D

bordalandsdude19

Verified Member
Ah, yes. This suggestion. Anyone remember this was all the rage before LoK?
The trouble with MC is it's hard to put things on hands. The Aether mod (yeah we're going that far back) actually fixed this with the Glove addition, but as it is the options for your ice claws are:
1) A block of ice in a guys hand. That's not even claw-like at all, it's just some guys hand frozen together :I
2) NOTHING in a guys hand. This means we have an invisible ability that randomly does damage, because good luck finding the right particle for this move.
3) Some strange item. Ugleh :[

Thanks for the idea though! :D
Packed ice breaking particles aren't "Ugleh :["

Winner392

Verified Member
What if it was simply ice particles being held at the end of someone's hand? Not clunky and it wouldn't be as weird looking as nothing there

V

Vidcom

What if it was simply ice particles being held at the end of someone's hand? Not clunky and it wouldn't be as weird looking as nothing there
True, but particles naturally fall, which could look very... odd. Also, heya Bloxx :p

Status
Not open for further replies.