• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Waterbending mechanics

NickC1211

Verified Member
There is one huge difference I noticed between the game and the show. In the game waterbending is mostly blasts and streams that are shot at the opponent. In the show it's much more than just shooting water, the benders control the water and keep it near them. So I think we need to find a better way of controlling the water rather than just shooting it. I'm not saying that we can't have blasts or shoot streams I just think we need to implement more control.

Now I want to open up a discussion on how we can do that but I have a few ideas.

One is maybe adding a hold shift option to water manipulation and ice spike. This will add some control and defense. While holding shift you left click to shoot it like normal. Instead if you prefer to just shoot it from the water you can tap shift and shoot it like normal.

That just one idea to start this whole discussion. If you have a great idea for adding control to water please share.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Ideas:
* Extention for watermanipulation (left click >> sneak)
** Sneak to sustain the block at the air.
*** Left Click to move that block at the pointing air block (to simulate Katara's hand movement).
**** Holding sneak for 7 blocks, then moving the block from its originated block shoud allow you to fish a fish (the first she did in the very first episode)

NickC1211

Verified Member
Ideas:
* Extention for watermanipulation (left click >> sneak)
** Sneak to sustain the block at the air.
*** Left Click to move that block at the pointing air block (to simulate Katara's hand movement).
**** Holding sneak for 7 blocks, then moving the block from its originated block shoud allow you to fish a fish (the first she did in the very first episode)
I love it especially the fish idea good survival feature

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Ik that my ideas are good for this :rolleyes:. For now, I only think watermanipulation needs this, since it is the only ability that fits with this mechanic perfectly. It doesn't and never were moved like water shown in the gif. Icespike were launched quick without telekinetic movement. SurgeWall really needs to be redesign (It's a flying weird-blob-pancake thing! It shouldn't disconnect from the source. Though that's for another discussion on another thread).

NickC1211

Verified Member
Ok. For now, I only think watermanipulation needs this, since it is the only ability that fits with this mechanic perfectly. Icespike were launched quick without manipulation. SurgeWall really needs to be redesign (It's a flying weird-blob-pancake thing! It shouldn't disconnect from the source. Though that's for another discussion on another thread).
Yea ice spike is probably fine and surge definitely needs a redesign.

TheWaterChief

Staff member
Bug Tester
Verified Member
You should be less talkative, you should become developers and create this amazing add-ons for moves!

Loony

Verified Member
Discussions aren't supposed to go in the suggestion forum - moved to general discussion.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
You should be less talkative, you should become developers and create this amazing add-ons for moves!
The community is already too quiet, don't tell them to be MORE quiet! We want it to look like there are people out there who care enough to make posts.... Geez

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
It is fine Num. One day the community will be back on track.

Also, I might update those custom abilities within these week If possible.

NickC1211

Verified Member
The community is already too quiet, don't tell them to be MORE quiet! We want it to look like there are people out there who care enough to make posts.... Geez
It's ok I think he just meant actions speak louder than words. It I've tried making moves I suck at it.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
We also need semi-water kinesis, which I covered with my surgewall tweak example., where water is manipulated without distached from the pool/pond/river/body/ect.

Same goes for SurgeWave, because right now it is just a moving wall and not an actual wave.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

NickC1211

Verified Member
We also need semi-water kinesis, which I covered with my surgewall tweak example., where water is manipulated without distached from the pool/pond/river/body/ect.

Same goes for SurgeWave, because right now it is just a moving wall and not an actual wave.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt
Agreed surge should be an actual wave that builds up from the water as opposed to a wall like you say