• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied [WATERBENDING] [CLASS]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

Verified Member
It has been said that waterbending has a variety of different ways to waterbend. You have Northern Style, Southern Style, Probending Style, ect. Right now i'll just talk about North and Southern Style.

Northern Style

• More Defensive
  • More Graceful
  • "Better" Healers
Because they are the more graceful style, they should have a slight speed boost and should heal better with healing waters.

Southern Style

• More Aggressive
  • More Offensive
  • "Stronger"
Because they are the more offensive style, they should have a slight strength boost and should have more resistance to attacks.

The way you would choose is you do /bending choose water south/north or /b c w s/n.

So when you do /bending who [name], it would pop up as Hero- Southern Waterbender

Last edited:

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
And the Probending Style:
  • More offensive than the Notherners but less than the Southerners;
  • More defensive than the Southerners but less than the Notherners;~
  • More knockback.

Hero

Verified Member
What about Swamp Tribe? Would they be more better at plantbending and be less at ice-sub?
Thats true, but there isnt any plant-based water moves yet so thats why I didnt add them to the list.
:p I can imagine them doing more damage with plant moves and less with ice moves. I want to make different moves for different types of styles, but that would be wayyyyy to complex to do.

paliate

Verified Member
I think that there are many many different types of bending styles for every element but i feel as though making categories like this would make bending extremely messy.

But could add a cool PVP element to it.
But if you were to make styles like this you would also need classes for every element.

Hero

Verified Member
I think that there are many many different types of bending styles for every element but i feel as though making categories like this would make bending extremely messy.

But could add a cool PVP element to it.
But if you were to make styles like this you would also need classes for every element.
That's not necessarily true since water is the only element with a bonafide styles. Fire and Earth maybe different in fighting styles, but that's only to the fighter, not the entire element like water.

Janny

Verified Member
One of the nicest waterbending suggestions I have seen in a long time. Nice work and I hope it gets accepted!

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
That's not necessarily true since water is the only element with a bonafide styles. Fire and Earth maybe different in fighting styles, but that's only to the fighter, not the entire element like water.
The southern water tribe only had one waterbender for a while...

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Still counts. Thats like saying Iroh is not a firebender because he was born before Zuko -_-
The difference there is that Katara was the first in generations, hama had been born with loads. Plus hama kinda strayed from either style, ya know, bloodbending and all.

Hero

Verified Member
The difference there is that Katara was the first in generations, hama had been born with loads. Plus hama kinda strayed from either style, ya know, bloodbending and all.
You do know that the keyword in your statement is bloodbending. Bloodbending belongs to the Southern Style.
Since Katara was a Southern/Northern waterbender, she could bend blood....not saying all southerns can bend blood though...

Status
Not open for further replies.