• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied WaterArms > WaterGauntlet

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Once 1.9 is out, two gloves will be dual wield instead.

Using the invisibile water vapour right out of air, a waterbender can make a minor version of waterarms, shaping it into boxing alike glove, gauntlet or whatever you like to call.

Basically, a waterbender needs to stand in a 50 radius that is driven from any open water source and shouldn't be in hot terrain, such as in a dessert or the nether, in order to condense the moisture from the air (hold shift for 7 seconds). Once that is done, a waterbender hand will be covered in a ice, as in minecraft terms an iceblock will appear in (or replace the block if it's occupying...) the waterarms binded slot.

Unlike waterarms, this alternative will have 3 subabilities instead: punch, grab and freeze. Here how each of them differ
  • Punch - deals more damage (maybe doubled?) than the regular waterarm's punch ability. Except for this Punch, you can punch the target up close only, like how you regulary ,punch it.
  • Freeze - freeezes the stationary water in your hand into iceblock. You deal abit more, with half heart added than the punch. Causes slowness for 5 seconds to the punch target. Clicking again will turn it into packet ice block. This has capability of dealing large knockback. Both of this ices will break if punched at the ground; At the target - 5 hits with normal ice, and 3 times - with packed ice.
  • Grab - allows to grab the target like waterarms, but only up close.

Frozen hand

Water Hand

P.S. This alternative could also be activated when left clicking on an actual bendable block-source.

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
I think I added wrong gif to the water hands, as there was technique that the same guy used to cover is hands in water, but in this - it doesn't seem like it. But you get the concept.

Hero

Verified Member
This is basically a discount water arms. Change the moves alittle bit and then ill support it.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Iceclaws covers half of the hand part, so I think the quantity for them to form is sufficient. Also, in-game, in players hand, the cube-block items look small enough to make it realisticly accurate. :3

Sosy13

Verified Member
This move and Waterarms would be both too similars, and making it would be just unnecessary.
It deals more damaga thou ;x
I don't think a move should be made because of its damage if an action between two moves are mostly same.

Last edited:

Loony

Verified Member
What you just describes seems a lot like WaterArms.

I don't think this is needed, I'm going to deny.

Status
Not open for further replies.