• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete WaterArms [Nerfs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

promancer

Verified Member
I do agree with what your saying, I'm asking if maybe the rest of the defaults should be looked into.

Joeri

Verified Member
I do agree with what your saying, I'm asking if maybe the rest of the defaults should be looked into.
Oh, why not say that from the start? now i feel stupidz

I think the configuration at the moment is fine expect for waterarms, Water had some problems defending themselves on land resulting in watercampers, but with waterarms that got solved, now WaterArms just needs a few nerfs is possible and i think the config will be fine

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Wait, you can't change the stats of moves with updates?
Nope, once a piece of config is generated it is no longer editable by the plugin. This is in order to make the config actually work and allow for custom values.

TheWaterSpirit

Verified Member
I believe that waterarms need to reduce the length of the arms of each technique in moderation. If you remember on the series Ming Hua never hit with such a long distance. She came closer and attacked different categories. You just need to reduce the length of the arms and they will be normal.

promancer

Verified Member
I believe that waterarms need to reduce the length of the arms of each technique in moderation. If you remember on the series Ming Hua never hit with such a long distance. She came closer and attacked different categories. You just need to reduce the length of the arms and they will be normal.
I agree, they're arms. They should stay the same except for the range.

Loony

Verified Member
I think it means you can already do this in the config, idk
What it means is in the balance config patch to defaults that I did I nerfed water arms too. Existing servers need to delete their config and let it regenerate if they wish to use these defaults tho :)

Verified Member
So, with the latest dev build WaterArms got added into the core, i think Jed did a great job on it, and this post is in no way ment as hate, because i love the ability aswell

But, having pvped and played around with waterarms, i think it's a little to strong for a default move, and that it needs nerfs.
Simply saying to change the configuration is not an excuse, PK should have a balanced config, if "just change the config" is an excuse we might aswell make everything a 1 hit kill, since you can just change it right?

Punch Range

I think the punch range, is to long. it's about the range of a watermanipulation and that really shouldn't be like that. and it's an arm, i don't think an arm would reach that far, and the fact that it can be spammed while having such long range can be pretty annoying in fights resulting in negative experience for players

Cooldown
The cooldown of such a strong ability is way to strong, you can waterarms up about 90% of the time, increasing the cooldown would add more counterplay, being able to strike when their waterarms is down, and it would also force waterarm users to make be more careful in the decisions they make "Should i use my last arm for a spear, and sit through the cooldown, or safe it to escape with grapple, or knockback with punch"

Grapple
Grapple is way to strong, and completly replaces waterwave if you want to climb something/get up something. You can easily climb a 100 block wall. If you don't believe me i can show you how easy it is. but that's not the point
Grapple gives the waterbenders way to much climbing/mobility potential.

The amount of uses on grapple should be giantly reduced to prevent waterbenders from just going straight up a wall and then swinging like a spiderman from place to place

Pull
Reduce the distance the player is pulled. this move is basically an airsuction that can be spammed over and over again

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm a main waterbender myself, and i think the move is great for waterbenders to defend themselves on land, but in it's current state it's way to strong for a single move
OK I'm not saying that this isn't a good idea (i actual love it water arms is over powered) but if you think about it water arms don't lose mass when grappling its just grabbing and pulling (but try reducing the range and pull force but keep the use count)

Status
Not open for further replies.