• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete WaterArms [Nerfs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeri

Verified Member
So, with the latest dev build WaterArms got added into the core, i think Jed did a great job on it, and this post is in no way ment as hate, because i love the ability aswell

But, having pvped and played around with waterarms, i think it's a little to strong for a default move, and that it needs nerfs.
Simply saying to change the configuration is not an excuse, PK should have a balanced config, if "just change the config" is an excuse we might aswell make everything a 1 hit kill, since you can just change it right?

Punch Range

I think the punch range, is to long. it's about the range of a watermanipulation and that really shouldn't be like that. and it's an arm, i don't think an arm would reach that far, and the fact that it can be spammed while having such long range can be pretty annoying in fights resulting in negative experience for players

Cooldown
The cooldown of such a strong ability is way to strong, you can waterarms up about 90% of the time, increasing the cooldown would add more counterplay, being able to strike when their waterarms is down, and it would also force waterarm users to make be more careful in the decisions they make "Should i use my last arm for a spear, and sit through the cooldown, or safe it to escape with grapple, or knockback with punch"

Grapple
Grapple is way to strong, and completly replaces waterwave if you want to climb something/get up something. You can easily climb a 100 block wall. If you don't believe me i can show you how easy it is. but that's not the point
Grapple gives the waterbenders way to much climbing/mobility potential.

The amount of uses on grapple should be giantly reduced to prevent waterbenders from just going straight up a wall and then swinging like a spiderman from place to place

Pull
Reduce the distance the player is pulled. this move is basically an airsuction that can be spammed over and over again

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm a main waterbender myself, and i think the move is great for waterbenders to defend themselves on land, but in it's current state it's way to strong for a single move

6tijn

Verified Member
I dont feel like grapple needs a nerf. Seen Tonraq or Ming-Hua? The thing is, you still get fall damage as waterbender. If I battle an airbender for example with waterarms, and I climb on something, they just easily airsuction me in the air. You're done then. You still have that bug weakness as waterbender.
Grapple isn't that OP. It might use some minor nerfs, but not much, at all.

I think it would compensate to give grapple a sort of longer cooldown, but when a waterbender uses grapple they get reduced fall damage.

Also, I agree about the waterarms spam. I think there should be more options for blocking moves, as Ming-Hua did many times.
So less attack, more defence.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I dont feel like grapple needs a nerf. Seen Tonraq or Ming-Hua? The thing is, you still get fall damage as waterbender. If I battle an airbender for example with waterarms, and I climb on something, they just easily airsuction me in the air. You're done then. You still have that bug weakness as waterbender.

I think it would compensate to give grapple a sort of longer cooldown, but when a waterbender uses grapple they get reduced fall damage.

Also, I agree about the waterarms spam. I think there should be more options for blocking moves, as Ming-Hua did many times.
but that makes waterwave useless.
~~~`~~`~~~~~~~~

@Hero

Joeri

Verified Member

Just because it could be done in the shown doesn't mean it should be exactly the same, the mobility grapple provides is almost equal to an airbender using airjet technique (AirBlast while in air), and it's even easier to use

6tijn

Verified Member
Just because it could be done in the shown doesn't mean it should be exactly the same, the mobility grapple provides is almost equal to an airbender using airjet technique (AirBlast while in air), and it's even easier to use
Waterarrms now is kinda not the same as in the show, as you may have noticed. I totally agree about the attacks needing a lot nerfs, but grappl eto me seems ok.
If waterarms gets a longer cooldown (which it badly needs) and the spammable attacks get nerfed a bit, grapple won't be a that big deal anymore. You still have limits as fall damage. If you as waterbender are indeed moving like a monkey, you have a big weakness. Airbenders or firebenders only need a few airblasts/suctions or a well aimed firewall to take you out, and you'll fall high. I think that is what I like about it. You can do a lot, but when you do it, you also take a lot risks.

Also, I'm not saying it should be a perf reflection of the show, what I meant was that a waterbender in the show could do way more with his/her waterarms, so as it is now it's not OP.

Also, waterwave is still very usefull. You can do a lot stuff with waterwave that's impossible to do with waterarms. Trust me.

Joeri

Verified Member
Waterarrms now is kinda not the same as in the show, as you may have noticed. I totally agree about the attacks needing a lot nerfs, but grappl eto me seems ok.
If waterarms gets a longer cooldown (which it badly needs) and the spammable attacks get nerfed a bit, grapple won't be a that big deal anymore. You still have limits as fall damage. If you as waterbender are indeed moving like a monkey, you have a big weakness. Airbenders or firebenders only need a few airblasts/suctions or a well aimed firewall to take you out, and you'll fall high. I think that is what I like about it. You can do a lot, but when you do it, you also take a lot risks.

Also, I'm not saying it should be a perf reflection of the show, what I meant was that a waterbender in the show could do way more with his/her waterarms, so as it is now it's not OP.

Also, waterwave is still very usefull. You can do a lot stuff with waterwave that's impossible to do with waterarms. Trust me.
You can completly prevent fall dmg, or reduce it giantly with grapple eh, and you can just grapple yourself back to the wall

Hero

Verified Member
Just fyi, water arms tend to null fall damage as when you look down, the water tends to break your fall.

And waterbenders shouldnt be able to have the speed and range of an airbender.

promancer

Verified Member
I agree that waterarms should be nerfed, but if the range is nerfed (which I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH, wth does it have such a high range?), the cooldown should stay the same, as you stated no reason for this. Waterbenders have both offence and defence, and until the ability to not have to repick a source everytime is added, i believe this should stay the same as all the abilities of it allow a simple and fast system waterbenders can count on, it adds mobility, attack, and defence. Water is the element of change. With this move, it provides exactly what it describes, the ability to change moves without tapping numbers faster than a pianist playing Beethoven.

Hero

Verified Member
I agree that waterarms should be nerfed, but if the range is nerfed (which I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH, wth does it have such a high range?), the cooldown should stay the same, as you stated no reason for this. Waterbenders have both offence and defence, and until the ability to not have to repick a source everytime is added, i believe this should stay the same as all the abilities of it allow a simple and fast system waterbenders can count on, it adds mobility, attack, and defence. Water is the element of change. With this move, it provides exactly what it describes, the ability to change moves without tapping numbers faster than a pianist playing Beethoven.
Thats true, but water arms is so op that its making waterbenders as fast as airbenders. The range is just bad because punch goes 2x as far as water manip. Plus, all of the moves are spammable.

promancer

Verified Member
Thats true, but water arms is so op that its making waterbenders as fast as airbenders. The range is just bad because punch goes 2x as far as water manip. Plus, all of the moves are spammable.
As I said, decrease the range ALOT, like 3 blocks. At least then it will be the first close combat water technique. Besides, most servers have this disabled or its only accessible through donation.

Status
Not open for further replies.