• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Waterarms Animation

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Let's start with "countering waterarms' rather than animation (although that too has some new animation to it).

3:04 - Unalock goes avatarstate and sh!t. Now, when one normal benders uses Grab with waterarms on another normal waterbender, *animation happens described below*. Now, the "another waterbender" can counter it by switching to waterarms and triggering one iets ability, which the resulting varie to what the ability is (see more in the forth paragraph).

So when a waterbend uses grab on any entity, not just the waterbender, and the tip of the tentacles should also too cover the mob's/player's limbs. Also, like in KataraVSAzula case - give a chance for the animation of the two tentacles connecting one to the victim's arm, the other - leg.
:
Now, when I'm grab by waterarms' user, I can do the following to counter it:
Pull: may pull the user longer, but it will take some 'chargetime' (7 seconds I would suggest). Like in the video, entering avatarstate should have it down to 0 seconds. If both trigger pull and both have avatarstate, (both will get pull with 1 block gap left), like in the video - it will sink down the ground below them in a 5x5 platform.
Freeze: now this will make your opponent immobilezed in place, unless he counters with the other four abilities. If both water benders switch to freeze: leave's them both stuck in place + it will render waterarms useless, and both of them will have to break it up by either one disabling the ability. Latter results in both waterbenders cooldown.
Grab: this will also imhmobilized your opponent place, but in a less powerful way (enviroment knockback can effect them, and 'grab' picks them up). If both uses and triggers this ability - nothing will happen, neither will grab (won't put in on the cooldown though).
Punch: in both scenarios: WB > WB| WB >< WB, damage will be dealt to each other until it puts the waterarms to the end as usual.
Spear: N/A.

That's all I can think of right now. I guess this is where I will end.

Status
Not open for further replies.