• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Water Salvation or something

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Anyway, I'll great straight to the point.

Why?
Surge is unrealistic by its shape, launching method, and most importantly - how it saves people from fall damage. Here, I have better method for this.

What is this about?
This will be an alternative of a waterspout, because this resembles the shape of the water's construct. Basically, if this done correctly (finished properly), it will create a water cylender/tube shape thingy that would arise from the body of water and would flow upwards towards the bender, catching him to save him from falling

How (it work)?
First of all, remove the surge functioning when being high in the air with no surface under the feet or make it unable to face downwards. Second, this could either be executed by rapidly left clicking, rapidly tapping shift or holding shift, which is left for the one who organised moves to decide how it will be executed (better if not 'holding shift' option). The More(/Longer) it is pressed, the faster the tube will rise and catch the bender. This must be performed in this condition, for it to work:
  • When the bender(as in user) is falling, or when he is in mid air or both.
  • Where he is falling/hovering, there should be pond next to him. Eg., by default: 10 blocks away in radius.
If any player are near you (in the waterspout width radius... ) falling at the same rate, it will create 3x3 spout catching all of them, if they manage get above its way. At night time it will be 5x5, full moon - 12x12the colum will go a bit faster at night time and fastest during fullmoon. Again, the size will appear if others are falling near you (worth mentioning so you dont think its op). When aiming on that entity while exucuting it, the spout will only be applied for it. Another thing, seeing that this might be a problem if an enemy is right next to you and you want him away from the spout, after it formed you could kick him out by punching/right click, which would cause the part of your spout below him dissapate, to make him fall to doom (lucky you) or for him to get lost.

When (this was shown)?
Aang during sozin comet, he used this to not crush his bones in the water. Even through, in minecraft you can fall in a water puddle from 100 meters high, we could apply this move for falling SPLAT to the ground, making it usefull.

Here the concept is shown:
(Skip to 03:24)

Last edited:

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
We can't really do anything about water not giving fall damage because that's minecraft code not project korra's..

HydroMan

Verified Member
We can't really do anything about water not giving fall damage because that's minecraft code not project korra's..
I wasn't asking for a solution to stop surge dealing damage, but I was asking for..
make it unable to face downwards
or
remove the surge functioning when being high in the air with no surface under the feet
To add a realistic fall damage save for waterbenders, instead of them creating an floating water cushion below them in mid air. Unless, if you can give me a valid argument why that does make any sense.

Here is the video of this (Skip to 03:24)

Last edited:

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
I like it almost all of it. The thing I don't like is the size of the water "salvation" when it is night time and/or full moon. 3x3 should be enough, even when to save the other player. Instead of a 5x5 or 12x12, better would be the water spring (?) save the one who is the closest to the ground, and then save the other, like water flow.

Question: Would the water return to its pool or would it drop into the ground?

HydroMan

Verified Member
I like it almost all of it. The thing I don't like is the size of the water "salvation" when it is night time and/or full moon. 3x3 should be enough, even when to save the other player. Instead of a 5x5 or 12x12, better would be the water spring (?) save the one who is the closest to the ground, and then save the other, like water flow.

Question: Would the water return to its pool or would it drop into the ground?
Then what can you suggest to make the nigh time and fullmove it being powerfull?

Good question. Well if it manages to decend player (if it still is being executed by player), then it is likely to be coded to return to where it came from and there be sucked in or the player would still need to execute it while standing on a ground/solid surface to return. On the other hand, it would splash/ to the solid ground (that is if above it) making a small flood before than dissapearing.

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
Anyone knows a better vocabulary to give this water construct shape a name. It suppose to be curvy and going like a snake, so saying this as a column sounds like it is meant to describe it being straight, going in one course. :4

Status
Not open for further replies.