• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Water combo:waterspin

Status
Not open for further replies.

orfeas

Verified Member
So when should I select the source? The Combo formula you gave doesn't say it!
Basically you tap shift with watermanip and then left click at water with torrent to select the source.After that you tap shift with torrent and then left click at a water source again.
Well when you left click at the water it will use that block as a source.

HydroMan

Verified Member
So...
Watermanipulation(tap shift - air) >Torrent(left click - water) >Torrent(tap shift - air) >Torrent(hold shift - air) >Torrent(left click - water)?

orfeas

Verified Member
So...
Watermanipulation(tap shift - air) >Torrent(left click - water) >Torrent(tap shift - air) >Torrent(hold shift - air) >Torrent(left click - water)?
yep+If it gets added(1 in 1000 changes)i am sure the developers can find an easy solution.

Nin01

Verified Member
Waterbending has a reasonable amount of moves at the moment but lacks of combos.This combo was inspired by katara training with another student and freezing him into a spike and the following scene from pakku vs katara fight:
View attachment 1448
The combo will be:Watermanipulation(tap shift)>Torrent(left click)>Torrent(tap shift)>Torrent(hold shift)>Torrent(left click)

Basically you tap shift with watermanip and then left click at water with torrent to select the source.After that you tap shift with torrent and then left click at a water source again.
When the final step of the combo is done water will surround the waterbender(using the source you selected).Every 2 seconds the water will come one block closer to the waterbender(next phase) and it would look like this:
View attachment 1450
The wool at the last photo is the waterbender.
Basicly the water ring starts 3 blocks away from the player and there are 4 phases.
In the first phase the walls of the ring are 2 blocks tall ,3 blocks away from the waterbender and 5 blocks long
In the second phase the walls are 2 blocks tall,2 away from the waterbender and 3 blocks long
in the third phase the the water walls are 2 blocks tall,1 block away from the waterbender and 1 block long
in the forth phase the walls are 2 blocks tall,0 blocks away from the waterbender and 1 block long.After 2 seconds of the 4 phase the water disappears.Also if the waterbender releases shift the water will disappear.

If any move touches the water ring gets destroyed BUT:
If the ring gets hit 2 times from a charged fireblast
or hit 2 times from an earthsmash
or 3 times from a torrent
or 2 times from a charged airblast and airswipe
It will get destroyed.That is the defending feature of the combo.Also if the ring touches a player mob or an animal it will do 2 hearts of damage every second he/she/it stands in it and will knock him/her/it back 1 block(all this because the water is supposed to spin in high speed).

If the waterbender left clicks while the ring is still around him a a big blast will be launched the direction he was looking when he left clicked.The blast will be touching the ground.The waterbender must keep holding shift or the blast will disappear.The water blast will not be able to levitate like most waterbending moves,but will scale the ground.For example if it reaches a part of the terrain that is one block lower or higher than were it was it will also go one block higher or lower so it always touches the ground.It can not clime or come down 2 block or more walls/drops,it will just be destroyed in some water particles.This is because this move is supposed to be done in semi flat areas.If the bolt hits a mob player or animal it will do 3 hearts of damage to the entity(player or mob or animal) and will knock it back 3 blocks(configurable).The travel distance will be 15 blocks by default(configurable).Also if the waterbender left clicks again while the waterbolt is created and is scaling the ground,when it hits a player a mob or an animal it will freeze it in an icespike similar looking to thisView attachment 1451
The water bolt will look like this(i am pretty sure the developers can make it look better)View attachment 1452
If you got any questions,suggestions or arguments you can post them in the comment section.
-your fellow waterbender
Orfeas
I can't wait to whoop people with this combo if it is made!

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
What a brilliant idea you came up with (well, it is tho canon,but I never seen somebody mention this before and suggesting something alike this) :eek:. I have a few of mine requests to add to this idea:
  • The Blast shouldn't be too much steerable or even none.
  • Maybe the water shouldn't dissapear upon releasing/not even holding shift, showing how dangerious it can be if waterbenders misclicked at their own ally, injuring him/her.
  • Maybe make it up to 3 blocks high (the circler stream)?

orfeas

Verified Member
What a brilliant idea you came up with (well, it is tho canon,but I never seen somebody mention this before and suggesting something alike this) :eek:. I have a few of mine requests to add to this idea:
  • The Blast shouldn't be too much steerable or even none.
  • Maybe the water shouldn't dissapear upon releasing/not even holding shift, showing how dangerious it can be if waterbenders misclicked at their own ally, injuring him/her.
  • Maybe make it up to 3 blocks high (the circler stream)?
thank you for your positive feedback.I might look into your second suggestion.I do not think it should be that high just cause of minor lag problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.