• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Wall of Fire knock back tweak

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Yeah, but there should be a point where certain features shouldn't have to obey all of the laws of physics, simply for gameplay balancing.
Removing the KB FireWall does when you're launching yourself with airblast is one of them.
They should, unless its somehow minecraft conflicting. It makes so many flaws in game, in which results of taken off immersion from considering bending anymore. Firebenders don't feel like bending anymore, but more of a magic aspect: fire burns in water, generating lightning in water doesn't injure the user, ect.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

SuperBower118

Verified Member
They should, unless its somehow minecraft conflicting. It makes so many flaws in game, in which results of taken off immersion from considering bending anymore. Firebenders don't feel like bending anymore, but more of a magic aspect: fire burns in water, generating lightning in water doesn't injure the user, ect.

How does fire burn in water? If by burn, you mean hurt people, then yes. However, that's only if the person if above the water, in which they would hurt the person because their fireblast would hit their upper body. Also, for people to just neglect fire's damage if they're in water... that would be pretty unbalanced if Lightning was the only thing that could hit people that are semi-submerged in water.

On the servers I play, with the updated PK version, lightning always hits me whenever I'm in water, so your point there is invalid.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
If by burn, you mean hurt people, then yes.
Yes, that.
However, that's only if the person if above the water, in which they would hurt the person because their fireblast would hit their upper body.
Nope, it works even under the water.
lightning always hits me whenever I'm in water, so your point there is invalid.
Heard a few complain and the that issue was set to "looking into". I don't when that ever change on how you said it is like now.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Yes, that.

Nope, it works even under the water.

Heard a few complain and the that issue was set to "looking into". I don't when that ever change on how you said it is like now.
Might as well create a suggestion for the stuff you don't like, because Fyf here isn't too thrilled about our conversation.

BryanPlays

Verified Member
I like this idea, if I am wallrunning or firejetting I should be able to go through a WOF rather easily only taking very minimal damage.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
I like this idea, if I am wallrunning or firejetting I should be able to go through a WOF rather easily only taking very minimal damage.
It should still at least stop the firejet if they firejet into the walloffire, this way you can be rewarded for actually putting it up as a defensive abstruction.

BryanPlays

Verified Member
Maybe but their momentum should be kept to an extent. If I am flying on a firejet towards a WoF then it can remove my jet when i go in it, but I would still keep the momentum but be slightly slowed.

Matt

Verified Member
It should still at least stop the firejet if they firejet into the walloffire, this way you can be rewarded for actually putting it up as a defensive abstruction.
I disagree, how is fire (something that is not solid) going to stop you.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
I disagree, how is fire (something that is not solid) going to stop you.
How do you make a torrent from a flower?
It doesn't always have to physically make sense, it's rewarding people who have the reaction time to put up a wall of fire, if the situation would find it appropriate. It'd make fights much more unique, rather than fire simply being the element that does just does damage.

BryanPlays

Verified Member
Irrelevant
It doesn't always have to physically make sense, it's rewarding people who have the reaction time to put up a wall of fire, if the situation would find it appropriate. It'd make fights much more unique, rather than fire simply being the element that does just does damage.
Fire is just the element that does damage. An explosion can move people, but a wall of fire can't. It just doesn't make sense for fire to move or even stop someone.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
What if WallofFire tweak is added after torrent, that is from a tiny plant, nerf?

Fyf

Verified Member
In my opinion, the 'knockback' from WoF is a representation of the fear of being hurt. The speed at which you approach the WoF and the accompanying commitment shown by your velocity overrides the fear of being hurt, stopping the 'knockback'. Naturally you will still take damage.

On the matter of "rewarding the fire bender", on a low skill level, it might seem very skillful to literally point and click to create a wall of damage and knockback, but on a slightly higher skill level, it really isn't hard to click in a direction.

On the matter of physics comparisons such as the flower source, we change what we can, where we can to improve competitive PvP. It would be ridiculous to disable plants as sources as it would hinder the water bender too much. Creating a separate damage/ move scale for different sources would be overcomplicated and hard to keep on top of for the average bender. Whereas a simple balance tweak to a move is completely validated and understandable.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Actually I personally think that's where you're wrong, Fyf. Using your firewall is a whole scenario in it's own, because firewall a huge counter to fighting up close with another firebenders, aside from FireSpin, which can be blocked or dodged by going up or down with firejet. In the higher skill levels of firebending, it'd also be significantly harder to precisely hit your firewall, because almost all of the better firebenders tend to circle around a lot with jetblast and blaze. I can imagine the firewall being put up behind them, if you're too reckless with putting it up.

Matt

Verified Member
Imo WallOfFire isn't meant to stop people directly, but it should be your choice if you walk into it

Fyf

Verified Member
You do realise wall of fire is like 10*10, if you miss it then you're actually blind. It's very easy to land and place, especially at higher mastery. Ask any good fire bender if they struggle to place WoF, and if it's a 'tactical descision'.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
You do realise wall of fire is like 10*10, if you miss it then you're actually blind. It's very easy to land and place, especially at higher mastery. Ask any good fire bender if they struggle to place WoF, and if it's a 'tactical descision'.

It's actually possible to miss a fire wall. Maybe on a flat plain, yes, it's easy to land, but you have to keep in mind elevation, obstructions such as trees, and the speed and type of firejet. Also if a bender is jetting towards you, or in your general direction to charge up a move, you almost always jet too. In that case, it makes it harder to land a wall of fire. If wall of fire was able to act as a counter for your wall of fire, then it'd open up more possibilities.

Also, a well placed fire wall can do a lot of damage quickly, so in some cases, it'd be best to save it for if the fight was to shift over a place more open or a place more closed in, depending on the fight. You can also save it for if the person decides to come near you...

BryanPlays

Verified Member
Exactly!
It's actually possible to miss a fire wall.
If you don't know how to bend skillfully...
you have to keep in mind elevation, obstructions such as trees, and the speed and type of firejet. Also if a bender is jetting towards you, or in your general direction to charge up a move, you almost always jet too. In that case, it makes it harder to land a wall of fire.
Obviously, that's why skilled firebenders take into consideration their surroundings. Skilled firebenders basically only use WoF when it WILL hit.
If wall of fire was able to act as a counter for your wall of fire, then it'd open up more possibilities.
???
Also, a well placed fire wall can do a lot of damage quickly, so in some cases, it'd be best to save it for if the fight was to shift over a place more open or a place more closed in, depending on the fight. You can also save it for if the person decides to come near you...
We're getting off topic a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.