• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Wall of Fire knock back tweak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fyf

Verified Member
Context

• Currently Wall of Fire applies knockback upon contact with the wall, this knockback is applied no matter the velocity the player is traveling at which is unrealistic and annoying.
Tweak
  • If you’re airblasting/ wallrunning (Jedcore)/ Jetblasting towards a wall of fire, you should be able to pass through; currently if you do either of those high velocity moves into a Wall of Fire, you actually take extra damage ticks due to the way velocity and contact is managed, which seems unfair and unrealistic.

If Wall of Fire was to check velocity before applying the knockback (if your velocity exceeded the requirement, you could pass through), it would correct this and improve the immersion, while allowing for counterplay to Wall of Fire.

(Damage would still be applied to you upon contact)

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperBower118

Verified Member
If anything, walloffire should decrease the speed of the person that decides to fly through it. That way it can be used to counter a person who tries to airblast in your direction, and if you actually hit the person airblasting.

It's not so unrealistic, because if you were launching yourself towards a wall of fire with airbending, I'm pretty sure that once you get hit, you'd get burnt and that would at least ruin your form you were flying at the wall of fire.

Fyf

Verified Member
Velocity isn't cancelled by heat. The knock back from WoF is identical to the flinch reaction of not wanting to get burnt, you jump back. If you're serious enough about running through fire (high velocity) you wouldn't receive the 'flinch knockback', you'd fly through, naturally taking damage from the fire, but no knockback.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Velocity isn't cancelled by heat. The knock back from WoF is identical to the flinch reaction of not wanting to get burnt, you jump back. If you're serious enough about running through fire (high velocity) you wouldn't receive the 'flinch knockback', you'd fly through, naturally taking damage from the fire, but no knockback.

It's apart of the game, you don't have to take everything so literally. WallofFire countering stuff like AirBlast spammers would be a great feature for fire, especially considering how they've nerfed fire recently.

Don't be so literal, consider things in gameplay context.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Logic should applied to pk as well (also mentioned in my signature). If we find somwhere a problem that is due to this suggested change, the team and we can help out fix it by solving the problem otherwise non-related of the removable of that said change.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Logic should applied to pk as well (also mentioned in my signature). If we find somwhere a problem that is due to this suggested change, the team and we can help out fix it by solving the problem otherwise non-related of the removable of that said change.

By logic, what do you mean? Real world things like physics, or gameplay logic?

SuperBower118

Verified Member
physics, laws.. e.g. fire not burning in water

Yeah, but there should be a point where certain features shouldn't have to obey all of the laws of physics, simply for gameplay balancing.
Removing the KB FireWall does when you're launching yourself with airblast is one of them.

Fyf

Verified Member
I am an ex Concept designer, I'm used to making CD docs. That and the website is very slow for me, forcing me to use tapatalk, I am not writing a suggestion on mobile.

Back to the main point, wall of fire never used to have knockback, it's only been added recently, the knockback and damage potential from it can get quite irritating, as high velocity players coming in contact with it causes them to take extra damage ticks due to them getting 'stuck against it'.
It makes sense for high velocity players to move through it, I have a long, strong background in PvP, the knockback really doesn't make sense if you're using a fast move to burst through it.

In terms of the knockback countering other moves, air blast spammers are easy to counter, 1) if they are constantly spamming it, their damage output is minimal.
2) air blast is very weak on most servers anyway.
3) aslong as they aren't running, you can spam many of fires large arsenal of moves at them.
(If they run, wall of fire won't help you.)

It doesn't make logical sense to apply knockback to fast traveling players, I'd recommend only allowing airblast, Jetblast, catapult and wall run through though.

Fyf

Verified Member
Wallrun is a custom ability as I have stated in my original post, it is a commonly used move as it is more often than not paired with PK.
Please do not get off topic any further with silly technicalities.

Fyf

Verified Member
In my document when stating which moves should breach WoF I said Wallrun (jedcore)

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Dk about the document, but OP doesn't state it "is a custom ability/jedcore's"

Fyf

Verified Member
"Tweak:
If you're airblasting/ wallrunning (jedcore)/ Jetblasting towards a wall of fire,"

Status
Not open for further replies.