• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Volt Lunge

Status
Not open for further replies.

owlcool

Verified Member
Move Name: VoltLunge
Use: This move would blast you foward about five blocks, after a three second(configurable) shift then release warmup, doing 5 damage(configurable) to the first person who you hit. However, it would paralyze you afterwards and you would be unable to bend for about, oh lets say 6 seconds.(configurable) This could also break through earth, like dirt, stone, sand, gravel, and clay.
Cannon and Source: I know this has never been shown by atla and lok, but there is some reason to believe it would be possible, and lightning is lacking some moves. Here is the original source of inspiration.

This would be the way in the series it could be pulled off, person jumps forward, lightning in palm hits the offender directly, and possibly in a weak location on the human body.

Last edited:

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
So would this work in a similar fashion to the gloves that the chi blockers used during the bending revolution?

owlcool

Verified Member
So let me get this straight... You're suggesting we add this move because you saw it in Naruto.
smh
Name an interesting lightning move. Beggars aren't choosers. Anyways, don't complain about the source of inspiration. Complain or Think the move itself is good.

Last edited:

owlcool

Verified Member
...I have to do this and I am sorry to all that will hate me for it.

*an
Lol, anyways the difference between a shock glove and a lightning lunge is that the shock glove will take a while to complete, just a chiblocker stuck shocking someone for 3 to 4 seconds, while a firebender jets forwards and makes the equivalent of a bolt of lightning go into the opponent, with the bolt naturally going straight to the ground while the bender is in the air.

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
Also, how would this be able to work properly as an add-on to lightning. In your description for the move it says that you would shift and charge up the move, but that is the same way that you activate lightning. Maybe for this move you charge up lightning and once you see the lightning particles you left click to activate it.

owlcool

Verified Member
Also, how would this be able to work properly as an add-on to lightning. In your description for the move it says that you would shift and charge up the move, but that is the same way that you activate lightning. Maybe for this move you charge up lightning and once you see the lightning particles you left click to activate it.
That could work, and this move would have a shorter warmup then lightning. 3 second warmup compared to the (in my memory) long warmup of lightning, this would turn out well.

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
That could work, and this move would have a shorter warmup then lightning. 3 second warmup compared to the (in my memory) long warmup of lightning, this would turn out well.
That could work, except that for people who don't know about this add-on, if it's added, will think that the charge time for Lightning has simply been shortened. Then they just release shift and instead of shooting lighting they get shot forward and the effects that you mentioned would apply to the user. I could only imagine that this would be confusing for some
:(

owlcool

Verified Member
That could work, except that for people who don't know about this add-on, if it's added, will think that the charge time for Lightning has simply been shortened. Then they just release shift and instead of shooting lighting they get shot forward and the effects that you mentioned would apply to the user. I could only imagine that this would be confusing for some
:(
That is why /b h exists. This would be similar to the mechanics of fireburst.

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
I mean, I understand, but still. If you want Naruto like combat I'm sure there's a plugin/mod for it. Lightning doesn't need much variation because it is what it is. We've already fleshed out all it can do in the show within the plugin.

owlcool

Verified Member
I mean, I understand, but still. If you want Naruto like combat I'm sure there's a plugin/mod for it. Lightning doesn't need much variation because it is what it is. We've already fleshed out all it can do in the show within the plugin.
You seem to be hating on the sources, instead of the actual move. Some potential bias against naruto perhaps?

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
You seem to be hating on the sources, instead of the actual move. Some potential bias against naruto perhaps?
The fact that Naruto isn't a good show has nothing to do with why I don't like this move. I think lightning is perfect how it is right now, and doesn't need something from another source added to the mechanics. This is the Project Korra plugin after all. If you want Project Naruto to be a thing, I'm sure you could organize it.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
The fact that Naruto isn't a good show
Oh snap.

But I really do not agree with this move. First off, I am pretty sure that if regular lightning can't break through blocks, this shouldn't either. Secondly, it feels unnecessary, without a real meaning. The lightning right now is great and I do not believe it should be added on to. And if this would be added, it should definitely not be an add-on to lightning.

owlcool

Verified Member
The fact that Naruto isn't a good show has nothing to do with why I don't like this move. I think lightning is perfect how it is right now, and doesn't need something from another source added to the mechanics. This is the Project Korra plugin after all. If you want Project Naruto to be a thing, I'm sure you could organize it.
You sure are making a Biiiiig deal about naruto having any influence. News Flash, The show is over. For at least a year. It is about time we start coming up with ideas, regardless of the source. If you don't like naruto, and you are going to have 99% of your argument of, " Create Project Naruto if you really want a naruto plugin," or "So you want naruto to become a part of project korra," Well then get the freak out of this thread, you are biased and you are not helping the thread get along. The fact that we only have 2 lightning moves(one of which is a community move, and the other which has been here since orion's plugin,) should be all the more reason to have more lightning moves. Lightning has been around for a long time. It is not like suggesting lightning moves is taboo, and this idea is realistic. If it has roots in another show, and it is still realistic in the first show, why should it matter if the other show is "bad" by your opinion? You wanna be biased, you aren't going to be token seriously on this thread.
Oh snap.

But I really do not agree with this move. First off, I am pretty sure that if regular lightning can't break through blocks, this shouldn't either. Secondly, it feels unnecessary, without a real meaning. The lightning right now is great and I do not believe it should be added on to. And if this would be added, it should definitely not be an add-on to lightning.
Regular lightning is not able to break through blocks, and I am pretty sure nobody is actually going to be able to code lightning being able to break through blocks, or go through ice, etc. Although it happened in the show, it is realistic, and going to be difficult to code. And why shouldn't it be added on to lightning? Ever heard of airscooter + or anything like that?

So, so far everyone's only argument that makes some kind of sense is that this is not really needed. Neither is firecombo. Or watercombo. Or iceblast. Or illumination. Or Metalclips. Or Plantbending. Just because something is not needed does not make it so that it would do no difference to the plugin, or improve on the plugin. Seriously guys?

Last edited:

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
Well then get the freak out of this thread, you are biased and you are not helping the thread get along.
My sole purpose in this thread is to prevent it from moving along. That's why I'm here, xD. I don't want this move to be made, and the more people who speak out against it the less likely it's to be made. It doesn't stay true to lightning as it is in the show, which happens to be our source and inspiration. Anyhow, you seem to be making the bigger deal out of this whole Naruto thing. Your signature is two Naruto gifs, your picture is someone from Naruto. But that's besides the point. What my point was is that I don't believe this move fits the plugin, and if you really want to create it your creative efforts wouldn't be wasted if Project Naruto were to become a thing. Imagine, all the people who would be into that. They'd love you! I'm not even joking, think about it. Sure, I don't like Naruto, but that's not the reason I don't want a move from it in the plugin. I wouldn't want 3D Maneuver gear in our plugin either(from an anime I don't dislike). But like Bear said, this is a change that just doesn't need to happen. Lightning is fine as is.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
You sure are making a Biiiiig deal about naruto having any influence. News Flash, The show is over. For at least a year. It is about time we start coming up with ideas, regardless of the source. If you don't like naruto, and you are going to have 99% of your argument of, " Create Project Naruto if you really want a naruto plugin," or "So you want naruto to become a part of project korra," Well then get the freak out of this thread, you are biased and you are not helping the thread get along. The fact that we only have 2 lightning moves(one of which is a community move, and the other which has been here since orion's plugin,) should be all the more reason to have more lightning moves. Lightning has been around for a long time. It is not like suggesting lightning moves is taboo, and this idea is realistic. If it has roots in another show, and it is still realistic in the first show, why should it matter if the other show is "bad" by your opinion? You wanna be biased, you aren't going to be token seriously on this thread.

Regular lightning is not able to break through blocks, and I am pretty sure nobody is actually going to be able to code lightning being able to break through blocks, or go through ice, etc. Although it happened in the show, it is realistic, and going to be difficult to code. And why shouldn't it be added on to lightning? Ever heard of airscooter + or anything like that?

So, so far everyone's only argument that makes some kind of sense is that this is not really needed. Neither is firecombo. Or watercombo. Or iceblast. Or illumination. Or Metalclips. Or Plantbending. Just because something is not needed does not make it so that it would do no difference to the plugin, or improve on the plugin. Seriously guys?
I said it was unnecessary. It does not seems to have a purpose. FireCombos, WaterCombos, Metal Clips, they all have a purpose. This feels like it would just be tacked on, without a definitive reason to be added.

Status
Not open for further replies.