• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Looking Into Uses For Bending (Other Than Combat)

owlcool

Verified Member
Lol fly. To answer your question a little more thoroughly Mage_x, since airbenders are peaceful and practice pacifism, they are usually more calm around animals, making themselves trustworthy to that animal. Also the airbenders had flying bison and flying lemurs. Just think how hard both of these animals would be to tame if under the ownership of a hotheaded firebender or tempermental waterbender. Bad stuff would go down.
You are kinda just giving benders abilitys dependent on culture. I doubt Zaheer would have this ability, and I honestly think most of the airbender's are not monks in minecraft. Most of the users are probably more like Zaheer.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
You are kinda just giving benders abilitys dependent on culture. I doubt Zaheer would have this ability, and I honestly think most of the airbender's are not monks in minecraft. Most of the users are probably more like Zaheer.
I agree.

HadesDude

Verified Member
I think allowing waterbenders to move water source blocks would be cool... It used to exist but Orion removed it :/

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Well Yea, culture has a pretty direct influence on bending. Zaheer grew up around bad influences, became a bad guy, and when he got airbending he was very violent with it.

Verified Member
So I guess the Core plugin really ignored most of the uses for bending other than combat and mobility. So I am just going to suggest a couple ideas for each element to benefit users in daily minecraft life.

Water -
Fertilization (needs new name ik)
The user uses Waterbending to grow a baby plant/flowers on grass. The move would only take one try to fully grow the plant, therefor being a better use than Bonemeal. This move also works to grow grass on regular dirt.

Select Fertilization>Shift on selected baby plant/bare grass/dirtblock> Grow life

Earth -
Morph (name please? xD)
Simply select a block that has the option of being morphed. Shift on the block and it will morph into a specific item that has a good use. Here's a couple examples; While having Morph selected (With Iron Block in slot) shift for 4 seconds to turn it into a bucket. Or shift with a stone block to turn it to lava.
Select Morph>Shift while having a optional block in hand> Block turns to optional item/block

Fire -
Conduction :)/)
Use this move to power red stone or use blocks/doors only able to be opened by levers/buttons.
Select Conduction>Left click any red stone operated block>Powers that block

(Bonus)
Lighter (these names tho xD)
Use this move while having sticks in hand to create torches.
Select Lighter>Shift while having sticks in slot>Turn sticks to torches

Air -
Taming (omg)
Shift on a specific farm animal mob and the either (for cows/sheep/pigs) tame it and be able to ride it at any given time or (for wolfs/ocelots) tame the animal to make it become your pet.
Select Taming> Shift while looking at the specific farm mob>Tame that mob in 1 of 2 ways

Okay that's all I have xD The names are the worst part of each move, but maybe you guys can help?:) I hope you like these moves, thanks for reading!
the water move could be growth
earth could be mold or shape
fire could be charge
lighter is good
tameing idk what it should be