• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Looking Into Uses For Bending (Other Than Combat)

Moonelight

Verified Member
So I guess the Core plugin really ignored most of the uses for bending other than combat and mobility. So I am just going to suggest a couple ideas for each element to benefit users in daily minecraft life.

Water -
Fertilization (needs new name ik)
The user uses Waterbending to grow a baby plant/flowers on grass. The move would only take one try to fully grow the plant, therefor being a better use than Bonemeal. This move also works to grow grass on regular dirt.

Select Fertilization>Shift on selected baby plant/bare grass/dirtblock> Grow life

Earth -
Morph (name please? xD)
Simply select a block that has the option of being morphed. Shift on the block and it will morph into a specific item that has a good use. Here's a couple examples; While having Morph selected (With Iron Block in slot) shift for 4 seconds to turn it into a bucket. Or shift with a stone block to turn it to lava.
Select Morph>Shift while having a optional block in hand> Block turns to optional item/block

Fire -
Conduction :)/)
Use this move to power red stone or use blocks/doors only able to be opened by levers/buttons.
Select Conduction>Left click any red stone operated block>Powers that block

(Bonus)
Lighter (these names tho xD)
Use this move while having sticks in hand to create torches.
Select Lighter>Shift while having sticks in slot>Turn sticks to torches

Air -
Taming (omg)
Shift on a specific farm animal mob and the either (for cows/sheep/pigs) tame it and be able to ride it at any given time or (for wolfs/ocelots) tame the animal to make it become your pet.
Select Taming> Shift while looking at the specific farm mob>Tame that mob in 1 of 2 ways

Okay that's all I have xD The names are the worst part of each move, but maybe you guys can help?:) I hope you like these moves, thanks for reading!

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
I like it. It adds more to the plugin than PvP. The names are ..... well .... yea (honestly I could not think of anything better) :D

owlcool

Verified Member
Although I main firebending, the lighter is op, even I can see that. Conduction has already been suggested,(even being looked into) and only one move per thread. And it does seem kind of underpowered to transform a iron block into a iron bucket.

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
Although I main firebending, the lighter is op, even I can see that. Conduction has already been suggested,(even being looked into) and only one move per thread. And it does seem kind of underpowered to transform a iron block into a iron bucket.
I don't think lighter is Op. Coal is something that firebenders should not need (they all ready don't need it for cooking why should they for crafting ?)

Moonelight

Verified Member
Wasn't fertilization denied? waterbender simply cannot just bend life water into a plant making it grow.
Purification with Unalaq's technique. Besides its not like it's that big of a deal?

Op? It's making torches :| And my conduction suggestion is a lot different than his, did you even read it?

Did you read ANYTHING on my suggestion besides the names a little details? I said that any earth item could be formed into another item depending on what the earthbendable block is.

Mage_x

Verified Member
Purification with Unalaq's technique. Besides its not like it's that big of a deal?

Op? It's making torches :| And my conduction suggestion is a lot different than his, did you even read it?

Did you read ANYTHING on my suggestion besides the names a little details? I said that any earth item could be formed into another item depending on what the earthbendable block is.
well u could get infinite food the water one and air one dont make sense also alot of theese are op

Moonelight

Verified Member
well u could get infinite food the water one and air one dont make sense also alot of theese are op
You still go through the same process anyone goes through when farming for the water ability. The growth is just sped up.
Torches, really, you're saying making torches is op.
And no, the air one makes perfect sense. Air Nomads were all about peace and harmony. They take many animals and tame them, so it only made sense I suggested that move.

Op is usually a term you use to describe a combat move, not a move used for unrelated to combat things.

Mage_x

Verified Member
You still go through the same process anyone goes through when farming for the water ability. The growth is just sped up.
Torches, really, you're saying making torches is op.
And no, the air one makes perfect sense. Air Nomads were all about peace and harmony. They take many animals and tame them, so it only made sense I suggested that move.

Op is usually a term you use to describe a combat move, not a move used for unrelated to combat things.
key word usually and i said a lot of theese are op i never said anything about the torches
and none of theese are in the series except for the torch one which I agree with it the earth one makes sense but make it only a limited amount of items the taming one makes no sense all together neither does the water one throwing water at something doesnt make it grow faster in alll air doesnt make sense earth i agree with fire I agree with and water doesnt make sense

Moonelight

Verified Member
key word usually and i said a lot of theese are op i never said anything about the torches
and none of theese are in the series except for the torch one which I agree with it the earth one makes sense but make it only a limited amount of items the taming one makes no sense all together neither does the water one throwing water at something doesnt make it grow faster in alll air doesnt make sense earth i agree with fire I agree with and water doesnt make sense
Now that Lok is over, we can't always rely on the series to create new moves so we must expand!

Mage_x

Verified Member
Now that Lok is over, we can't always rely on the series to create new moves so we must expand!
yes I see how u came up with the idea of taming it goes with airbenders and is not op but how would you explain how it works

Moonelight

Verified Member
yes I see how u came up with the idea of taming it goes with airbenders and is not op but how would you explain how it works
Air -
Taming (omg)
Shift on a specific farm animal mob and the either (for cows/sheep/pigs) tame it and be able to ride it at any given time or (for wolfs/ocelots) tame the animal to make it become your pet.
Select Taming> Shift while looking at the specific farm mob>Tame that mob in 1 of 2 ways

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Lol fly. To answer your question a little more thoroughly Mage_x, since airbenders are peaceful and practice pacifism, they are usually more calm around animals, making themselves trustworthy to that animal. Also the airbenders had flying bison and flying lemurs. Just think how hard both of these animals would be to tame if under the ownership of a hotheaded firebender or tempermental waterbender. Bad stuff would go down.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
Air -
Taming (omg)
He means to actually explain how it works, like what makes it logical for them to tame any animal for free?

Venusaur0817

Verified Member
With the show over, I think coming up with some ways to use bending for recreational means rather than combat would be a good idea, especially since people don't always fight all the time on servers, and bending may certainly make minecraft life easier. However, I think the suggestions in this thread could, lets say, "use a little work".

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
Personally, I don't really see the purpose, or the plausibility of these moves.

Mage_x

Verified Member
Lol fly. To answer your question a little more thoroughly Mage_x, since airbenders are peaceful and practice pacifism, they are usually more calm around animals, making themselves trustworthy to that animal. Also the airbenders had flying bison and flying lemurs. Just think how hard both of these animals would be to tame if under the ownership of a hotheaded firebender or tempermental waterbender. Bad stuff would go down.
thank you for c;arifying I understand now and I agree that this one should be added