• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

TUTORIAL: How to make an advanced move

Jolbol1

Verified Member
If I create an ability as an earth bender that moves blocks, Will they be reverted in the earth bending revert?

jedk1

No one ever follow this tutorial... for the love of god don't. please. just don't.
Click the spoiler in my signature if you want to see how to actually make an ability.

P0W3RK1D

Verified Member
how to make blocks travel? once ive talked with some people about how im going to approach teaching it, yes.
hey jedk, i know this is a late reply, i was surfin the web trying to build a new metal armor move for a server, i wanted to know how to code this.
this player looks at an iron block then shifts and left clicks, the iron block dissapears and an armor of my choice will be added to them, and while this armor is active they get certain potion effects, the armor can be deactivated by a rightclick to the ground or by the player being hit by an explosion or loosing half of his health.
can u teach me how to code that, java is really difficult to learn, this move is the basic concept of earth armor, just with a bit of tweaks. can u help me :D?
im using the base code from earth armor and trying to make it to where it only works on metal blocks and only gives iron armor but how to i completely take away the cooldown, the taomout of time the armor can be active, and how do i replace that with a rightlcik or a damage deactivation?

Last edited:

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
hey jedk, i know this is a late reply, i was surfin the web trying to build a new metal armor move for a server, i wanted to know how to code this.
this player looks at an iron block then shifts and left clicks, the iron block dissapears and an armor of my choice will be added to them, and while this armor is active they get certain potion effects, the armor can be deactivated by a rightclick to the ground or by the player being hit by an explosion or loosing half of his health.
can u teach me how to code that, java is really difficult to learn, this move is the basic concept of earth armor, just with a bit of tweaks. can u help me :D?
im using the base code from earth armor and trying to make it to where it only works on metal blocks and only gives iron armor but how to i completely take away the cooldown, the taomout of time the armor can be active, and how do i replace that with a rightlcik or a damage deactivation?
I recommend starting with something simple...

jedk1

If you want metal armor, just download JedCore or EarthArmor+
Also, dont follow this tutorial.

P0W3RK1D

Verified Member
Uhm, a punch ability which shoots a simple line of particles or something.
Ymmm, pyton is much easier to learn, i was surfin the web a while ago and i found a plugin that allows plugins to be coded using python insted of entirely java. I wonder if it will work....

jedk1

Ymmm, pyton is much easier to learn, i was surfin the web a while ago and i found a plugin that allows plugins to be coded using python insted of entirely java. I wonder if it will work....
it wouldnt work with this, as pk loads the abilities with java, not python.

P0W3RK1D

Verified Member
it wouldnt work with this, as pk loads the abilities with java, not python.
Well, the ting about java is its sometimes difficult trying to figure out its system of speach.
Take commanglocks for example, they are much easier to use being that there language is simple. (Summon this armor stand here with x items on its head in x and y position and detect for a player comming near it, if the player gets within X blocks of the armor stand kill him)
Where as java i dont know its system of operation, i can figure out if its declaring things but i have no idea why and , what order its supposed to be in, and will it take simle commands like if i were to tell it to give me armor after i shift at a iron block then destroy the block, can it take commands that simple without adding a bunch of other random code?