• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Tremorsense (Seismic Sense Technique)

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
In my opinion, tremorsense should work my like x-ray, BUT, with a nice but(t), it should be balanced of course. It's obvious that earthbenders with this ability not only used it to detect people, but caves as well (read the wiki If you don't believe me).

All the above/This should a boolean config option, because I can imagine it can lag for some servers, thus I don't want them to suffer through all the block update changes. Though I have to remind, that blocks only change to THE USER, not to others. Pretty much the principle how the current ability with glowstone spawn works.

1. With Tremorsense selected, the user them stomps the ground by doing a jump (press SPACE by default). Or sneak (If the JUMP isn't doable)
  2. After that, If a check (earthblock beneat the feet) is succesful, this ability does an update to all the blocks in 16x16x16 radis, which can only be perceived by the user.
  3. User eyes are then "closed", in the user radius normal blocks (included lava and water) change to obsidian/barrier, while earthblocks change into respective colored stained glass blocks.
  • (Optional) Since the user has their eyes "closed", everyone (mobs included) are invisible (to THE USER) If they don't have physical touch contact with earth.
  • Those who are standing on an earthblock, they should have the invisble glow stone beneat them or (planned in Trello) glowing status effect (based of the method chosen in config file).
The Avatar Wiki said:
The first and foremost of seismic sense's applications is the ability to perceive surroundings. By sensing vibrations in the ground, earthbenders can perceive their surroundings as precisely as normal sight, and in some cases with even greater clarity.[1] The advantage of the sense over normal sight is that practitioners are able to pick up things that are barely visible or even imperceptible to the naked eye as well as things out of their line of sight. Obstacles that would normally obstruct regular vision, such as walls and thick dust clouds, are rendered ineffective against seismic sense. Seismic sense does not only provide surface vision, as the vibrations also travel underground, enabling the user to effectively detect caverns and other deep subterranean cavities.[1][6]

Last edited:

Pride

Verified Member
In my opinion, tremorsense should work my like x-ray, BUT, with a nice but(t), it should be balanced of course. It's obvious that earthbenders with this ability not only used it to detect people, but caves as well (read the wiki If you don't believe me).

All the above/This should a boolean config option, because I can imagine it can lag for some servers, thus I don't want them to suffer through all the block update changes. Though I have to remind, that blocks only change to THE USER, not to others. Pretty much the principle how the current ability with glowstone spawn works.

1. With Tremorsense selected, the user them stomps the ground by doing a jump (press SPACE by default). Or sneak (If the JUMP isn't doable)
  2. After that, If a check (earthblock beneat the feet) is succesful, this ability does an update to all the blocks in 16x16x16 radis, which can only be perceived by the user.
  3. User eyes are then "closed", in the user radius normal blocks (included lava and water) change to obsidian/barrier, while earthblocks change into respective colored stained glass blocks.
  • (Optional) Since the user has their eyes "closed", everyone (mobs included) are invisible (to THE USER) If they don't have physical touch contact with earth.
  • Those who are standing on an earthblock, they should have the invisble glow stone beneat them or (planned in Trello) glowing status effect (based of the method chosen in config file).
First off. Sneak is more pleasant looking than just jumping, I hope you're good with my opinion.
Second. I agree, this should not allow everyone to see the same blocks you're seeing, if they can... That'll be a problem.
Third. Ehhhhh... That. That's just weird. But whatever. I respect your opinion.
Fourth. Yes, thank you!
Fifth. Don't even make me started with that. But if you're happy with your design, go for it. I won't judge too much.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
First off. Sneak is more pleasant looking than just jumping, I hope you're good with my opinion.
I can see why
Second. I agree, this should not allow everyone to see the same blocks you're seeing, if they can... That'll be a problem.
Yup
Third. Ehhhhh... That. That's just weird. But whatever. I respect your opinion.
That's what you get from a game called minecraft. It is simple though: If all non-earth blocks turn into obsidian, the user wouldn't be able to indentify what kind of block it actually is, thus they wouldn't be able to perceive them since they aren't earth. As for earth blocks, opposite happens: the blocks changed into stained glass can be identify by their color (brown for dirt, dark gray for stone, gray - metal, ect.)
Fourth. Yes, thank you!
You're welcome.
Fifth. Don't even make me started with that. But if you're happy with your design, go for it. I won't judge too much.
Do you have any other ideas for perceiving entities? I do like glowing effect more than the light emitting block, but I'm not gonna stop others on how they should choose between the two.