• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Tremorsense Light Block Change

Reading the trello and I found this: "The glowstone passive will still be there but it would a sea lantern instead of a glowstone."

I personally don't like turning it into sea lantern. I would only like to have the glowstone block in my server.
Potential Solutions: Simple, to make it a win-win for people who like either of these blocks, there shall have to be a config option that switches the tremorsense block (similar principle to how particles of airbending can be changed from servers to server).

Elias

This sounds like something that could potentially be done, I doubt this would work well as having any luminescent block would really mess with how the passive would work. Both Sea Lanterns and Glowstone have a luminescence of 15. But there are other light emitting blocks that any curious person would try to change it to. Not sure how that'd pan out in the long run, it just seems like if it was configurable that it wouldn't be any block of choice via ID, maybe just an option to swap blocks.

- Also, they may have chosen said block because of the animation it has, if you stare closely at a sea lantern you'll see a ripple effect. Neat little easter egg there for you.

This sounds like something that could potentially be done, I doubt this would work well as having any luminescent block would really mess with how the passive would work. Both Sea Lanterns and Glowstone have a luminescence of 15. But there are other light emitting blocks that any curious person would try to change it to. Not sure how that'd pan out in the long run, it just seems like if it was configurable that it wouldn't be any block of choice via ID, maybe just an option to swap blocks.

- Also, they may have chosen said block because of the animation it has, if you stare closely at a sea lantern you'll see a ripple effect. Neat little easter egg there for you.
Providing an enforce error informing about the non-light geneating block and a short list what blocks can be assigned on a wiki, would not make this a big deal.

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Providing an enforce error informing about the non-light geneating block and a short list what blocks can be assigned on a wiki, would not make this a big deal.
That's not even worth it, in all honesty. Just let the user change it to whatever bedrock they want.

And if you want to see the light levels of all blocks, check the MC wiki