• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Torrent redirection

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILLFATE

Verified Member
I think waterbenders should be able to redirect torrent when they have the torrent slot selected.
By this , torrent won't be so op as it is (MY OPINION) .

6tijn

Verified Member
Not all moves should be redirectable... It can be blocked with the Surge Shield, and how would teh redirecting work exactly? By left clicking? The bender that uses the torrent can't rederect it back because when he'd left click the torrent would turn in to ice. So that option is not for use.

I think torrent could turn out weak when rederectable.

ILLFATE

Verified Member
Not all moves should be redirectable... It can be blocked with the Surge Shield, and how would teh redirecting work exactly? By left clicking? The bender that uses the torrent can't rederect it back because when he'd left click the torrent would turn in to ice. So that option is not for use.

You can use it by shifting.

Blockkkster

Verified Member

If it's made of earth/water the bender can redirect it. Therfore, I think we should be able to redirect ALL moves of our element. (The way watermanip and earthblast are) but I think we should have to have the move they are using selected.

ILLFATE

Verified Member
If it's made of earth/water the bender can redirect it. Therfore, I think we should be able to redirect ALL moves of our element. (The way watermanip and earthblast are) but I think we should have to have the move they are using selected.
That's totally my point :D

David

Verified Member
I think torrent redirection would make torrent less special and less appreciated. Waterbending vs Waterbending would be more like... "Hmm, why should I bother using torrent when he can just redirect it just like a water manipulation?"

xXturbokidXx

Verified Member
I think torrent redirection would make torrent less special and less appreciated. Waterbending vs Waterbending would be more like... "Hmm, why should I bother using torrent when he can just redirect it just like a water manipulation?"
That is a good point. When I versus waterbenders playing as a waterbender myself, I refrain from using WaterManipulation and try to use Torrent more often because I know he/she cannot redirect a torrent.

Blockkkster

Verified Member
How do you think we EarthBenders fight with EarthBlast? Disruption and timing.

David

Verified Member
How do you think we EarthBenders fight with EarthBlast? Disruption and timing.
Earthbending was my main, and still is, I just happen to Waterbend as well... I know how Earthbenders fight, it's entirely different. Earth blast has different mechanics than Water Manipulation. Earthbenders have source blocks all around them in most typical bending arenas, while Waterbenders do not. The strategy between Earth and Water are very different.

Also, earthbenders do kinda have their own move which is similar to torrent; Earth Smash. Earth Smash is not redirectable and it shouldn't be. Is it block-able? Yes. Is Torrent block-able? Yes. Should they be changed? No.

Blockkkster

Verified Member
Earthbending was my main, and still is, I just happen to Waterbend as well... I know how Earthbenders fight, it's entirely different. Earth blast has different mechanics than Water Manipulation. Earthbenders have source blocks all around them in most typical bending arenas, while Waterbenders do not. The strategy between Earth and Water are very different.

Also, earthbenders do kinda have their own move which is similar to torrent; Earth Smash. Earth Smash is not redirectable and it shouldn't be. Is it block-able? Yes. Is Torrent block-able? Yes. Should they be changed? No.
I've never used EarthSmash so I wouldn't know. Also wastermanip and earthblast are like carbon copies of eachother..

David

Verified Member
I've never used EarthSmash so I wouldn't know. Also wastermanip and earthblast are like carbon copies of eachother..
They have crucial differences; Water Manipulation is more fluid, easier to redirect, longer source range, and can be used in higher amounts than Earth Blast. Earth blast is more blocky and less redirect-ability, shorter source range, and can be casted through a wall (auto targeting someone who is behind a wall). Earth Blast is destroyed upon clicking on it while Water Manipulation is not. The chance of shooting a water manipulation through a 1x1 hole is much higher than shooting an Earth Blast through a 1x1 hole.

I think you should investigate and do more research on some of the moves before making false claims.

Moonelight

Verified Member
Earthbending and Waterbending are two different things. Although this move is used in the actual show, I don't think it should be implemented. Reason 1, waterbending COULD become more op with teaming. Say you are not close enough to hit someone, then another water bender close by would redirect the move to help make the hit successful.

So therefor, I believe only specific moves should be able to have redirection.

Blockkkster

Verified Member
They have crucial differences; Water Manipulation is more fluid, easier to redirect
False, they both can be redirected the same way. The only reason watermanip seems more 'fluid' is because it has a small water trail behind it.
longer source range, and can be used in higher amounts than Earth Blast.
False, the amount is solely dependent on how fast you can spam and how close your opponent is to your source.
Earth blast is more blocky and less redirect-ability
Again, it only looks blocky and less fluid because it's a single block instead of a water block (less than a block) with a mini tail. Purely visual. Also, idk about you but I can redirect EarthBlast as good as Torrent..
shorter source range
This is the only one that might be true.
can be casted through a wall (auto targeting someone who is behind a wall)
Only because most walls are EarthBendable..
Earth Blast is destroyed upon clicking on it while Water Manipulation is not.
No, because when I click it it doesn't reappear, but instead allows me to shoot it back at my opponent. Same at manip..
The chance of shooting a water manipulation through a 1x1 hole is much higher than shooting an Earth Blast through a 1x1 hole.
Other than this scenario being irrelevant, if I spam the hole then it will be aimed at the hole. This is the same principle of redirection I talked about before that both moves have.
I think you should investigate and do more research on some of the moves before making false claims.
Couldn't have said it better myself. -_-

owlcool

Verified Member
False, they both can be redirected the same way. The only reason watermanip seems more 'fluid' is because it has a small water trail behind it.

False, the amount is solely dependent on how fast you can spam and how close your opponent is to your source.

Again, it only looks blocky and less fluid because it's a single block instead of a water block (less than a block) with a mini tail. Purely visual. Also, idk about you but I can redirect EarthBlast as good as Torrent..

No, because when I click it it doesn't reappear, but instead allows me to shoot it back at my opponent. Same at manip..

Other than this scenario being irrelevant, if I spam the hole then it will be aimed at the hole. This is the same principle of redirection I talked about before that both moves have.

First off, Water manipulation does move quicker then That is why it is fluid. You can redirect earthblast by clicking on earthblast with earthblast. Or just stop it with shifting on it with earthblast.

David

Verified Member

"Only because most walls are EarthBendable.." create a wall of ice and watch, you will not be able to bend through as easily as you can with Earthblast.

"False, the amount is solely dependent on how fast you can spam and how close your opponent is to your source." Take a moment to read the official description of Earth Blast through /b help EarthBlast, it will explain why your statement is wrong.

"Again, it only looks blocky and less fluid because it's a single block instead of a water block (less than a block) with a mini tail. Purely visual. Also, idk about you but I can redirect EarthBlast as good as Torrent.." There was not a single moment in that post where I compared Earth Blast and Torrent. Water Manipulation can take much, much sharper turns than Earth Blast.

Practically everyone who has replied to our conversation were on my side; I can go on and on...

Moonelight

Verified Member
Again, it only looks blocky and less fluid because it's a single block instead of a water block (less than a block) with a mini tail.
The Earth Blast animation looks more "blocky" NOT because there is no tail. Water manipulation has a smoother look to it because there is variation in water blocks. Different sizes, and shapes.

It looks more "blocky" because the way it moves through air. It doesn't run smoothly, instead it transfers from block to block. Same for Water manipulation, except the variation in block makes it look smoother. As we have seen with Earth Manipulation, you CAN in fact make a earth move look less "blocky". The creator of the move just decided to not take advantage of that "displacement" ability.
First off, Water manipulation does move quicker then That is why it is fluid. You can redirect earthblast by clicking on earthblast with earthblast. Or just stop it with shifting on it with earthblast.
And just for the record, Earth bending is made to be slow, but powerful.

Blockkkster

Verified Member
You can redirect earthblast by clicking on earthblast with earthblast. Or just stop it with shifting on it with earthblast.
I said this...
"Only because most walls are EarthBendable.." create a wall of ice and watch, you will not be able to bend through as easily as you can with Earthblast.

"False, the amount is solely dependent on how fast you can spam and how close your opponent is to your source." Take a moment to read the official description of Earth Blast through /b help EarthBlast, it will explain why your statement is wrong.

"Again, it only looks blocky and less fluid because it's a single block instead of a water block (less than a block) with a mini tail. Purely visual. Also, idk about you but I can redirect EarthBlast as good as Torrent.." There was not a single moment in that post where I compared Earth Blast and Torrent. Water Manipulation can take much, much sharper turns than Earth Blast.

Practically everyone who has replied to our conversation were on my side; I can go on and on...
1. You can't create a wall of ice. MAYBE a two block high one using ice spikes lined up but even that is meh. Also, you're right, you didn't mention torrent, I did. Point? Torrent is the main water move that is "redirected" and I was comparing it to that to explain how well you can manipulate earthblast. And your third point is still false. I can make a 90 degree turn of EarthBlast easy.

David

Verified Member
I said this...

1. You can't create a wall of ice. MAYBE a two block high one using ice spikes lined up but even that is meh. Also, you're right, you didn't mention torrent, I did. Point? Torrent is the main water move that is "redirected" and I was comparing it to that to explain how well you can manipulate earthblast. And your third point is still false. I can make a 90 degree turn of EarthBlast easy.
I was speaking of creating a wall of ice without use of the plugin, using that to test... It does not pass through... I had no specific point other than pointing out that you were speaking of something towards me when I did not speak of it my self. Finally, I did not mention the amount of degrees that an Earth Blast could possibly make a turn. I'm speaking of shooting an Earth Blast, stopping it in it's tracks, then shooting it in the direction in which it came.

owlcool

Verified Member
I said this...

Surge. Ice form. Ice wall.

Blockkkster

Verified Member
Surge. Ice form. Ice wall.
We were talking about a permanent one with a hole in it. How well you could shoot through the hole or something..
I was speaking of creating a wall of ice without use of the plugin, using that to test... It does not pass through... I had no specific point other than pointing out that you were speaking of something towards me when I did not speak of it my self. Finally, I did not mention the amount of degrees that an Earth Blast could possibly make a turn. I'm speaking of shooting an Earth Blast, stopping it in it's tracks, then shooting it in the direction in which it came.
You just have to wait for it to get a reasonable distance away then click on the ground in front of your feet and it will come back.
Water Manipulation is more fluid, easier to redirect
I compared my EarthBlast redirection to Torrent purely to explain how well it can be redirected which is the reponse to ^.

Status
Not open for further replies.