• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Torrent Redirection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IStackerI

Verified Member
Hellllo everybody, Now I know this suggestion has been suggested millions of times, but I thought to myself ways it can be different from the others.
How Will this work?
You may say that " Torrent being redirectable would make it a copy ability" or "Torrent being able to be redirectable would make it like other water abilities". In my head, the attacker would shoot a torrent. When they shoot the torrent the target would still get hit dealing its normal damage and knockback. There's also a catch, the enemy can source the streaming water coming at you. When you source from it you can use torrent to make another one send it back, while dealing damage of the first torrent. There's also a rare chance that when you source of the first torrent you will redirect it without getting hurt. Meaning, in a rare chance you can redirect the torrent. You can also edit this in the Project Korra Config files. Those are the ideas I have in mind now, If you have any more ideas to add on to this thread make a reply. :D

Last edited:

Hero

Verified Member
No. This has already been suggested and that thread is in more detail. And that suggestion is already looking into. Supposedly....

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I would prefer the option to redirect only when it's one block away from me and not be dealt by its damage. Your idea makes less sense to me. Other method I would prefer is of a one member's creatively thought out concept, utilizing actual fluid movements of the bender's body...
In order to redirect it, you must hold shift and aim at the approaching torrent projectile. Than, turning around clockwise or counterclockwise in a 90-360°, in the direction it is flying, will make it move along your torso (where you are looking at), infront of your sight. If you let go of the shift key, the torrent projectile will then be released and will head away from you, and will act as a regular torrent projectile.

Doing a sharp of 180° or more before releasing the projectile, will have a much smaller chance of mishitting away from the crossheir, while the failed chance leads the projectile: shooting in a diagonal/straight position, opposing its aim point or won't auto hit the target, as meaning in will shoot where the curseir is placed at, disspaite your sight seeing living entity (this wil be left for the pk team to pick the choice from two of these).

<...>

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.