• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Top list of addons and Feedback

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Waterbending
10. FrosthBreath (ability that creates ice and snow without bendable source required):
This just ruins waterbending for me, because the concept itself ruins the immersion, thus making it overpowered (excluding config-balancing options workaround, because it differs from server to server), and is another unnecessary (imo) of 'freezing someone'. On a plus side, it does save your life from a fatal, but its main cons overweighs the advantage.
9. IceWall (ability that creates a thin wall of ice on row of ice blocks.):
Cons:
- It is (limited) copycat version of stock ability, by the name "Surge", thus pointless to use.
- "Shattering effect is inaccurate and strange thing.
- Could been better off as a merge/extention with the Stock Ability (named as "+Surge").
Pros:
- Adds another method of defense that doesn't require user's focus.
- Due to one key press required, its technique hardly can be delayed unlike the stock version.
8. WaterFlow:
Cons: *gonna add later on*
Pros: *gonna add later on*​
6.Phasechange Extention.

5.Cleanse.
Pros:
- Adds a chi blocking variation, with a difference that this one has longer lasting effect.
- RP type of thing
- Adds something new to bloodbending sub-skill.

Cons:
- Isn't limited to close range: Can be used from far distance.
4.Condensation.
3.WaterRestore.
Pros:
- Resourcefull when far away from the body of water.
- Utility application.
Cons:
- Combo and it being one doesn't make much sense.
- Doesn't work on plants.
2.WaterFishing (fishes without a fishing rod)
Pros:
- Adds a survival and collecting application use to the bending art.
Cons:

- Only used to fish fishes and no random junk/tressure.
1. Water Control.
Pros:
- Adds Building use/application that provides an workaround over the lack of silk touch enchanted tool.
- (Balanced) Grief Application, which waterbending lacks off officially alone.

Cons:
- Can't change state of the water block
- Flooding potential.
FrostBreath ~ better of creating only snow, freezing bottom water as being the opposite of phasechange, and changing/freezing blocks (like iron) into ice.
IceWall ~ rather than a standalone let it be an extention for Surge (sneak on air while water is below), and make shattering boolean config option.
WaterFlow ~ should not pick up and carry entities, allow it to work when falling and while is further away (to avoid fall damage from occuring), but allow it to work in vanille-gameplay wise (basically, so anyone that can swim through and out it).
Phasechange Extention ~ IcyBreath animation when 'KataraVsJet' for the first time, shouldn't deal damage, and maybe perhaps create an ice block?
Cleanse ~ should be limited in a close approximately with the target; user should be required to touch the target or be one block apart.
Condensation ~ Nothing much, but allow it to pick water from water particles when a dripping effect occurs (one block layer floor, that when user is below it, has water above it).
Water Restore ~ Make it a passive so that when the bender selects the bendable source with any ability - it should fill up multiple/one bottle.
WakeFishing ~ rather than a standalone let it be an extention to Watermanipulation (through left click), and like Katara did - allow it to pick a small waterball from the source that follows the cursor and has a fish inside.
Water Control ~ give it the capability to move grass and other tethered blocks (i.e. flowers, mushrooms) along the ground.

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
10. LavaArms.
Haven't test it, and this may be unfair underrated vote from me, but from what I heard: it is same as waterarms but doesn't have modes. It is only limited to close range. For now, in theory this sounds not the ability I would use the most out of all the others below. I will test this ability If I get the time to play the game, and If it doesn't meet my expectations and appears to better than what expected/believed to be: of course I'm gonna change my rating for this. Until then, this goes to bottom, sorry :/ Nerfed Duplicate (I know you intented as Aprils Jokes, but still), situational use (like octy vs chi), and doesn't offer much. I surely wouldn't want to use it ever.

9. SandSurf.
It doesn't add much either. Over this I choose to replace the available bind to EarthSmash. Perhaps it can be improved upon with something more useful in a form as an additional feature (maybe surfwave pushes others has you pass through them and induces blindness?). And since it is a sand ability, it is more situational and imo not worth of saving a slot to bind it. Sorry. Nevertheless, kudos for the animation/particle part! :)

8. MagmaLine.
Good concept, but its hard enough to have anyone step on it once they spot the source block or the line approaching. I would suggesting improving its hitbox, by changing the width up to 3 blocks or more than just one.

7. EarthDrag.
Two things: animation and in-depth. I think it would be more cooler If it acted and behaved like reverse shockwave version: pulling things and including players. It could also deal damage while pulling players towards, because earth really lacks of good defense&offense balance aspects to it.
GJ! :):) Though I can't see myself using it much.

6. MetalRepair.
I put this in this spot because that's how often I see using this ability. Often than EarthDrag, rarely than LavaSlap.

5. LavaSlap
The Reason this isn't in TOP 3 because I think lava even without this addon makes it still a dope subelement. Not that I find anything wrong it, it just doesn't add much other than different shape and dimensions to lavaflow technique. Another reason why it isn't on my top rate: lava wins down over solid form of earthbending, because earthbending rn is still boring but lavabending can still manage to keep a fight without any other addons. I think this should be a combo though: Shockwave (hold sneak) > LavaFlow (let go of sneak).

4. EarthWave.
This is quite unique one. Only ability that deals knockback by default settings. I would probably place it at third place while EarthPillars 4th If it were a charging ability or a combo, because I think the ability that deals only knockback should cost something important like a time restriction.

3. EarthPillars
Based on how it behaves animation wise, I would choose EarthRing over this thing.

2. EarthRing.
Imo, it would still look better If it used blocks over particles. Like I mention above, I do love it that you provide offensive&defensive aspect to earthbending that currently lacks off it, through this addon. I like that this is the only addon that offers no chargetime, but still maintains the balance between earthbending's stressed concept of a "nuetral jing". This is what Earthbenders actually need. EarthSmash was the only one ability that provided that, but with this - it isn't no more in the earthbending arsenal.

1.DustCloud.
It was hard to decide which from the two top should I choose, earthring or dustcloud, but I come to conclusion that I just LOVE this one more. I actually use it quite often by mixing and switching my tactis back and worth along with stock abilities with this one. That's all I gotta say :eek::p.

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
As more addons will be introduced with this feature, my list might change over time. Just to let everyone know that this isn't and might not be my final addon top order.

In this thread, I would also love to see your guys top list too. It could just be plain list counterdown or an elaborated one with constructive opinion about them.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
You called this your top list of addons yet you stated frost breath ruins waterbending for you? What is defined as "top"?

And you didn't reserve anything for fire, Chi or avatar.

NickC1211

Verified Member
I don't agree with the water flow suggestion I think jedcores water flow is really useful as it is for transportation offense and defense

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Oh yes, I forgot to mention:

8. WaterFlow
Cons:
- Adds to much mobility (like of an airbender) to the user.
- Picks entities up like a kite, which I find it weird, since it stops the waterbending-esque feel for the whole bending art.
- Another pointlees freezing variation.
Pros:
- Better (limit) than the Surge's technique.
- Faster transportation method of WaterSpout's waterwave technique.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I'd call this a Rated List rather than a top list, since it includes abilities that are not considered the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndDrew

Verified Member
Icewall is also very useful since you can use the shatter function to effectively block and counter incoming ice waves or if somebody is surgejetting toward you. ;) I like it.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
10. LavaArms.
Haven't test it, and this may be unfair underrated vote from me, but from what I heard: it is same as waterarms but doesn't have modes. It is only limited to close range. For now, in theory this sounds not the ability I would use the most out of all the others below. I will test this ability If I get the time to play the game, and If it doesn't meet my expectations and appears to better than what expected/believed to be: of course I'm gonna change my rating for this. Until then, this goes to bottom, sorry :/ Nerfed Duplicate (I know you intented as Aprils Jokes, but still), situational use (like octy vs chi), and doesn't offer much. I surely wouldn't want to use it ever.

9. SandSurf.
It doesn't add much either. Over this I choose to replace the available bind to EarthSmash. Perhaps it can be improved upon with something more useful in a form as an additional feature (maybe surfwave pushes others has you pass through them and induces blindness?). And since it is a sand ability, it is more situational and imo not worth of saving a slot to bind it. Sorry. Nevertheless, kudos for the animation/particle part! :)

8. MagmaLine.
Good concept, but its hard enough to have anyone step on it once they spot the source block or the line approaching. I would suggesting improving its hitbox, by changing the width up to 3 blocks or more than just one.

7. EarthDrag.
Two things: animation and in-depth. I think it would be more cooler If it acted and behaved like reverse shockwave version: pulling things and including players. It could also deal damage while pulling players towards, because earth really lacks of good defense&offense balance aspects to it.
GJ! :):) Though I can't see myself using it much.

6. MetalRepair.
I put this in this spot because that's how often I see using this ability. Often than EarthDrag, rarely than LavaSlap.

5. LavaSlap
The Reason this isn't in TOP 3 because I think lava even without this addon makes it still a dope subelement. Not that I find anything wrong it, it just doesn't add much other than different shape and dimensions to lavaflow technique. Another reason why it isn't on my top rate: lava wins down over solid form of earthbending, because earthbending rn is still boring but lavabending can still manage to keep a fight without any other addons. I think this should be a combo though: Shockwave (hold sneak) > LavaFlow (let go of sneak).

4. EarthWave.
This is quite unique one. Only ability that deals knockback by default settings. I would probably place it at third place while EarthPillars 4th If it were a charging ability or a combo, because I think the ability that deals only knockback should cost something important like a time restriction.

3. EarthPillars
Based on how it behaves animation wise, I would choose EarthRing over this thing.

2. EarthRing.
Imo, it would still look better If it used blocks over particles. Like I mention above, I do love it that you provide offensive&defensive aspect to earthbending that currently lacks off it, through this addon. I like that this is the only addon that offers no chargetime, but still maintains the balance between earthbending's stressed concept of a "nuetral jing". This is what Earthbenders actually need. EarthSmash was the only one ability that provided that, but with this - it isn't no more in the earthbending arsenal.

1.DustCloud.
It was hard to decide which from the two top should I choose, earthring or dustcloud, but I come to conclusion that I just LOVE this one more. I actually use it quite often by mixing and switching my tactis back and worth along with stock abilities with this one. That's all I gotta say :eek::p.
Update

Last edited:

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Mesk, I like that you're doing this. I think it'd be great to hear more feedback on everything and for developers to listen to a different perspective to maybe improve their moves, if they feel. But don't be surprised if this gets twisted into you just being negative, demanding things and pushing that negative energy onto the community. I could easily see this be used against you, just want you to be aware of that possibility. Criticism has been used against us before.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Its fine :D. Getting trigger over a subjective top list and pushing the steam onto me would be really stupid though. Freedom of speech ya know. Not trying to put anyone down, but I shouldn't pretend I like every custom stuff for whatever non-mine sakes.

Loony

Verified Member
We had a massive discussion about WaterFlow and how you hated it so idk why it's on your "top 10" list

xNuminousx

Verified Member
He's already mentioned his top list doesn't work like they normally do. It'd #8 which apparently means he rated it low

Loony

Verified Member
He's already mentioned his top list doesn't work like they normally do. It'd #8 which apparently means he rated it low

Top means top out of all, not sure how anyone could get that confused but ok