• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

TLA/LOK Theories

owlcool

Verified Member
It cannot, as clearly Aang was still able to communicate with Korra even after Amon 'took her bending'
So are you stating that Raava couldn't communicate with anyone if Raava wasn't directly connected to them? And in turn allow somebody directly connected to her to communicate to someone she isn't directly connected to?

jedk1

What do you mean conspiracies? How can there be conspiracies when this is all in your head. None of this is real, we are all a figment of your imagination, we don't exist. Also #JetFuelCantMeltStealBeams

V

Vidcom

It's been said before that the Air Nomads had no nonbenders, as they were such a deeply spiritual culture, which is a nice sentiment to explain how Aang would be able to definitely have airbender kids who definitely all have airbender kids etc, but I'm not convinced.
I have a personal theory that there WERE Air Nomad nonbenders, however they were not allowed to remain in the temples. But, it would not be Air-like to suppress a minority, nor for them to be refused to leave. It would be very Air-like to just let them go make their own path, as their own kind of nomad, at an early age. If this is true, then non-airbending people with Air Nomad genes were likely roaming the planet, maybe settling down in cities, etc.

Now while this could have happened, it doesn't really play any relevance. But a separate problem has already arisen as to how Harmonic Convergence had chosen who did and did not get airbending, and I think this theory could answer that. Traditionally the answer has been "all nonbenders", but we only hear from them in the Earth Kingdom, which seems very strange considering that there are plenty of Fire Nation and Water Tribe nonbenders. How come they weren't involved? Some respond to this saying that it's Earth Kingdom nonbenders, as that way, Air is being reborn into its opposite. This would be a fantastic theory if it didn't have a disprove in Bumi. Bumi has an Earth Kingdom name, but otherwise his ancestry is Air Nomad and Water Tribe, so he acts as an exception, thus disproving the rule.

For my theory, the new airbenders are the direct descendants of nonbending nomads left before. As these nomads were out of the temples and had no airbending, the Fire Nation were unable to find or persecute them, and they would likely have no reason to. From an outside perspective, Air Nomads would have all been airbenders after all. Whoever heard of a nonbending Nomad? Allowed to flourish in their own families in the Earth Kingdom, and possibly elsewhere, their descendants now received the gift they did not through their bloodlines. Notably, if nonbenders with airbender ancestry aligns, then it also explains Bumi, a nonbender with an Air Nomad father.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
@Vidcom , a challange! :p
Explain why aang mastered/didn't master the flight sub element! (Choose the one you agree with)
Hint: The crystal catacombs battle.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Explain why aang mastered/didn't master the flight sub element! (Choose the one you agree with)
Likely the same reason he had extreme trouble mastering the Avatar State. He simply could not release his tether to the Earth, and as the Avatar was actually bound to it.

V

Vidcom

The scene you're referencing shows Aang hovering. We see many times that Aang tries to break off his connection to the planet in Air Nomad culture ways, such as in the finale discussion with Avatar Yangchen, where its said that the Avatar cannot do it, because they ARE the world. Flight is the most extreme expression of that detachment which we know from that scene the Avatar cannot accomplish. Just because he's hovering doesn't mean much.

I would say in that scene, it's just him airbending, or possibly the sheer quantity of unreleased spiritual energy from Raava being so much as to enable him to float. Coincidences aren't proof.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
The scene you're referencing shows Aang hovering. We see many times that Aang tries to break off his connection to the planet in Air Nomad culture ways, such as in the finale discussion with Avatar Yangchen, where its said that the Avatar cannot do it, because they ARE the world. Flight is the most extreme expression of that detachment which we know from that scene the Avatar cannot accomplish. Just because he's hovering doesn't mean much.

I would say in that scene, it's just him airbending, or possibly the sheer quantity of unreleased spiritual energy from Raava being so much as to enable him to float. Coincidences aren't proof.
I agree with you.
Plus, when Avatar Roku was hit by the Summer Solestice light, unlocking to him the Avatar State, didn't he also start to fly? Airbending? Too much spiritual energy that manifests in the material world?