• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Tips+Tricks, favourite element, most catastrophic failure, how do you play?

Your #1 Element? Say why in comments

• Total voters

Kwesi

Verified Member
Im having more of a go of Air now. Its definitely more mobile and i can fill in my maps a shitload quicker.
Giving people airlifts is really useful, and hilarious in some situations. (Like when friends didnt really expect to suddenly be ~100 blocks up in the air.

Though i find its less potent in PvE combat than fire was. Could be lack of experience

Would rate elements in my opinion as follows
#1 Fire
#2 Earth
#3 Water
#4 Air

Not really enjoying the air experience. Any tips?
Enjoying the experience is a combination of personal feelings and knowing the extent of the element, so the best we can do as inform you and then you'll have to take it from there. Personally, I enjoyed all the elements, almost equally, however, my personal feelings towards airbending puts it on top.

I wouldn't say air is less potent than firebending in PvE, it's all just a matter of how you use it. PvE with airbending to me is more convenient in a lot of cases - especially survival. You can move at faster speeds consistently to evade mobs, you can use your bending to block all (regular) attacks, you can levitate over an army of mobs until you're safe, and even other things. Offensively, you could blast them back or into the air, whirl them up into a tornado, attack multiple mobs grouped together (even with a charged attack), push them into a body of water to slow them down and isolate or even just go in yourself to get away.

Every form of bending benefits in PvE differently, especially depending on how you use it. I mean, I can understand why fire is considered more potent, but I personally just don't see it. When I play as a firebender it always takes more effort to kill more mobs because I have to string together fire attacks, and the burning doesn't seem to kill them as quickly as I'd think it would. As an airbender I'd just launched them into the air and done - they're dead as soon as they hit the ground. I feel airbending has much greater control over the mobs, the mobs feel so slow and I can incapacitate them with minimal effort, it feels much more dominant in PvE, more versatile than firebending. Anyway, that's how it is for me personally, I reckon others will state differently.

owlcool

Verified Member
I actually won a firebender by air suctioning him to his own fireblast. BEAT THAT FIREBENDERS :p
Really? The config must have been different on the server you were playing on. WallOfFire does not light yourself on fire, fireblast has never lit me on fire and I even tryed to get hit by it a few times, yeah, I think the config on your server was a "little" different.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Really? The config must have been different on the server you were playing on. WallOfFire does not light yourself on fire, fireblast has never lit me on fire and I even tryed to get hit by it a few times, yeah, I think the config on your server was a "little" different.
It actually does on almost all servers.

FrozenEarth

Verified Member
My favorite element is water, I just love how each move can be controlled to fake out opponents.
Some tricks I've learned is that Torrent is super useful. It's my favorite ability. Mouse-controlled, freeze, multi-hit, dragging opponents away. And it can deflect Mudsurge and Earthshard, some of the most knock back and damaging moves for Earth. Torrent can deflect them onto nearby opponents and sometimes back to the sender if you fire it at the right time. My worst fails are when you're fast swimming, but then you get stuck on a block and die. Also, Lightning. Stay away.